Anyone else get that sort of crushing feeling when you finish a good book...

Anyone else get that sort of crushing feeling when you finish a good book? That you're back in this drab painful reality, stuck behind your eyeballs and your self-conscious perspective again unable to escape? That in actuality you'll never be able to transcend and that the piece you art you just read and loved was nothing more than a illusion. This must be the cruelest joke of life. That art is never enough, it never lasts long enough, it never fills you up, and eventually no matter how beautiful the experience was you're stuck here once again where you've always been forever. How disgusting.

Nope.
You sound like a dope addict, maybe try that?

I imagine you need better art. The best art for me stays with you in a very powerful way. Even if the feeling that lingers empties you, its a clean empty.

What's sort of drug is dope? Heroin? You probably have to talk to people and go places to get it, no thanks.

No, it never stays. I've seen all the best art. It always passes, everything passes.

Come now, its figuratively in your blood. You even know how to get it. Nature or instinct? You will only know when you reach the top.

>That art is never enough, it never lasts long enough, it never fills you up, and eventually no matter how beautiful the experience was you're stuck here once again where you've always been forever.

that's dukkha

Dont't know what this means

If i think about it enough my whole body feels like a mech to which the real front of me is attached at the spinal cord of this husk. Then I cant get rid of the idea that Im constantly standing up in a different reality, outfitted with full body vr peering into this one through a mask I cant take off. It gets disorienting and goes nowhere so eventually I stop.

> I've seen all the best art

No, you havent

>good book

Yet to experience one.

In addition the thing that really gets me is that art is on an externalist perspective and life/consciousness is internal. Even when you read first-person 'realism' literature. It's a complete joke, there's no connection between art and reality. Artists use various tricks, and our brain plays tricks on us as well to make it seem like there's something there but there's not. There's no way to ever transcend the self. Human communications is fruitless. Venture out into the world with the intention of never understanding anything or anyone.

I just wish our parents hadn't lied to us. How pathetic, how disgusting to indulge in your ego like that for a few years so you can have a 'cute' 'innocent' child that you could teach and raise, an object for the parent to construct in the way they desire. Except now you're not a object anymore and you've been released out into the alien plains to be scorched by the radiation. There's no role more evil than that of the mother. Like we burst out of the womb we must burst out of this world, penetrate into the Outside with our cosmic cocks frothing with the gnawing frenzy of a billion suns, the final son.

A tip of the brim of my hat to you, gentlesir. Have you happened to read read Harold Le Bloom's Western Canon? Using rational logic he discovered what all the greatest works of art were, now I know exactly what I'm supposed to read and enjoy!

Yes, but that feeling is not so crushing for me because often times I have plucked a valuable lesson or two from the book along the way. If there is no lesson then it probably wasn't an enlightening enough book to leave me feeling down for being finished with it.

What was the last good book you read?

Will O' the Wisp

Sounds like you're either bad at reading or you're reading shitty books. A good book should change your outlook on life and stay with you forever. Good books don't just end when you finish reading them.

INELUCTABLE MODALITY OF THE VISUAL

AT LEAST THAT IF NO MORE

THOUGHT THROUGH MY EYES

SNOTGREEN, BLUESILVER, THE NEARING TIDE.

Truly good art never leaves you or ends if you're able to appreciate it fully. You sound like a psued.

I get a really melancholic feeling when I'm almost done a book but once I finish it I usually just think "Godamn that was a good book"

I have come to inform that YOU in fact are the pseuds, art does not 'stay' with you or 'change' anything you're getting all mixed by the tricks and deceits artists use and by that ole brain of yours that accepts them. Art is inherently on an externalist perspective which is in an incongruent parallax with the self.

>A good book should change your outlook on life and stay with you forever.
Did you just get finished reading Meditations by Aurelius and are all stoked about how you're going to be totally stoic now, bro? Back to plebbit.

Read Mein Kampf.
If you aren't totally blind you will see it is no illusion.