The former king

How have your feelings towards Zizek and his work changed now that Peterson is the king and hates communism?

I don't watch Peterson.

At least Zizek was funny, Peterson just sucks.

>Peterson is the king
To who?

Peterson was a try-hard on H3H3, vaping to look cool. Cringy af. Also, thinks only middle-aged and older people should vote.

i kind don't disagree with that.
at the very least there should be a test.
but that said, Peterson is just kind of spergy. He's often more right than wrong but he just refuses to embrace any sort of post-modern culture-complexity even though he's clearly part of it (though he'd prefer to deny that)

>thinks only middle-aged and older people should vote.
>at the very least there should be a test.
I've said this for years. Just like getting a driver's license, you should have to study and take an aptitude test to get your voter's license. No discrimination and everyone eligible to take the test.

Kek. Upper left corner is Luke Skywalker.

>former
>implying

people would just endlessly bitch about how the aptitude test is biased in favour of left/right/men/women/whites/minorities or whoever doesn't suit their narrative

is this bait or just blatant newfaggotry?

I CANT EVEN TELL ANYMORE SOMEONE HELP ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zizek is Marxist but pretty critical of communism. Not that Peterson allows for any such nuance.

>people would just endlessly bitch about how the aptitude test is biased in favour of left/right/men/women/whites/minorities or whoever doesn't suit their narrative
It wouldn't really have to have a political leaning.

-What year was bla bla established?
-What is the Supreme Court's bla bla?
-If tax were lowered to x%, then what would a company making bla bla?

Maybe 100 questions and a book that you have to study just like the theory part of a driving test.

>Also, thinks only middle-aged and older people should vote.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

People would still bitching and argue something along the lines of the test being biased because you can't expect minorities to have booksmarts, or that it doesn't measure EQ, or that the priorities of straight white men are implicitly privileged.

The middle one is too. Whoever made that picture is retarded.

You realize not every image in a capcha is what it says, right?

Seems you're the retard.

Only four of OP's pics are Zizek. I think it's supposed to be a viable Captcha.

Yeah I'm aware.

your internet license has expired

>tfw too busy reading to care about internet """""""""""""""celebrities"""""""""""""""

>calling actual public intellectuals internet celebrities

>psychologist
>intellectual

lol

>Peterson
>public intellectual

He's an internet meme. Zizek was a famous academic at one point.

this would basically stop blacks from voting my dude. you know, jim crowe being a thing, people bitching about even just voter IDs, the last 2 centuries of idpol? meritocracy will never be widely popular because one camp will always scream that (((white people))) or whoever castrated [group]'s potential for merit, and because most people do not have any merit lol

Didn't Zizek also run for president of Ukraine/Slovakia/Croatia, wherever he's from? Pretty sure he was the leader of some communist party and ran for office.

>Didn't Zizek also run for president of Ukraine/Slovakia/Croatia, wherever he's from?
I believe he came in second, because someone during the debates said offhandedly that he was more intelligent than the other candidates combined. He talks about it in the documentary on him that woman made

Like it or not, he's increasingly influential among the public. He's been on goddamn Fox News. I didn't say he was some revolutionary academic.

stupid people have political interests too though

Getting some airtime on a moribund media for braindead masses isn't enough to qualify for the 'public intellectual' title. Maybe try to shill him as a 'strictly public' dude or something

I don't know about the future fascism lite guy

>What year was bla bla established?
>What is the Supreme Court's bla bla?
I don't think civics trivia really says much about political literacy, policy analysis or engagement in the interests of a voter's community. Best case scenario this is just a rite memorization chore for no real benefit ( other that making it more time consuming to register, which does benefit the rich and middle classes who have regular access to transportation and salaried work)
>If taxes were lowered to x% then...
Ask me how I know you're American

Zizek will forever be the king of my critical theory loving heart. Peterson is a literal meme, without having the delicious underbelly of depth and substantive meaningful content that Zizek has.

>Also, thinks only middle-aged and older people should vote.
Well he's right

no, you retard. If you pay taxes and contribute to to the formation of the government, you have a say in its affairs

>If you pay taxes and contribute to to the formation of the government, you have a say in its affairs
I agree with the first guy. An intelligent 17yo who has been skipped forward a few grades and has now nearly completed their BSc isn't entitled, while a literally retarded, illiterate 18yo is... We have age as the barrier, why not political knowledge instead?... Every tax paying citizen has right to take a test, just like every tax paying citizen is allowed to use roads providing they can demonstrate competence via a test... An adequate political competency test prior to gaining your first vote is a great idea instead of waiting for 18 years under the assumption that managing not to die within 18 years of life demonstrates something.

>How have your feelings towards Zizek and his work changed now that Peterson is the king and hates communism?
I always found Zizek's claim to being a committed Communist a somewhat irrelevant and unconvincing aspect of his theorizing. Peterson hasn't changed that.

>b-b-b-b-b-b-but k-k-k-k-k-kommunism killed so MANY people
>that CIA writer told me so
Powerful stuff.

People below 30 shouldn't have any institutional power. They have to earn it.
And Godless psychologists are permanent children, they can't be trusted to teach the youth.

Voting is for retards. Only nations lacking any semblance of justice resort to voting, especially for common citizens.

>Fir Lukesh, the light-schaber ISH ideology. But here'sht the tweesht, now that it isht behind heem, it truly controlsh heem. Failure wheecsh we DO NOT yusch is the true ideology, but here we may come to the pershpective of the light-schabre itshelf, and in thish moment that we do nothing we may shee how ideology truly controlsh ush, and then reveal what preshishely failed in the previoush yushe of that ideology and thush reveal the failure of the ushe of the light-shabre; whisch makesh ush the true youshers of it. It fightsh even on the ground behind us onshe we shee itsh ironic yoush-value ash the shuper-id. Here we shee that Yoda wascht not enough, heesh abshurdisht invershuns did not reveal the fantashtical invershun wheesch isht the abshurd of ideology itshelf. He schood have shaid, 'Fail the forcsch has; prefer not it would.' Rey'sh power liesch in Luke'sh failure and thush the greater Forsch findsh itshelf retroactively in her. She ish not a mashter, and this is her fourth negation, whicsht allowsh true mashtery as an invershun.
And to clarify theesh, bear with me, a joke from the Shtalinish Shtar Warsh...