Seriously user?

seriously user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l7hIYasErHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah, bro

do you even dark enlightenment?

I had to put down Nihil Unbound and stop for a week after he started attempting to make sense of Laruelle. And really the "attempting" part is all on me because I couldn't even tell whether or not Laruelle is bullshitting (well he is, but most Continentals means something under all the bullshit and I don't know about him). I just skimmed past it and started paying attention again in the next part.

face tentacles on fleek

His account of being at Warwick during the last years of Nick Land are insightful. He mentioned walking into a lecture theater while one teacher played electronic jungle beats and Land layed on the ground making chirping and croaking noises.

damn, anglos really should stay the fuck out of philosophy

>hangs out with land once

youtube.com/watch?v=l7hIYasErHc

>HE'S SUMMONING AN EVIL SPELL, SHUT HIM DOWN

>Land lay behind the stage, flat on the floor (a ‘snake-becoming’ forming the first stage of bodily destratification), croaking enigmatic invocations intercut with sections from Artaud’s asylum poems. In this delirious vocal telegraphy, meaning seemed to disintegrate into sheer phonetic matter, melting into the cut-up beats and acting directly on the subconscious. As Land began to speak in his strange, choked-off voice (perhaps that ‘absurdly high pitched ... tone ... ancient demonists described as ‘silvery,’ which he later reports being taunted by) the disconcerted audience begin to giggle; the demon voice wavered slightly until Land’s sense of mission overcame his momentary self-consciousness; and as the ‘performance’ continued the audience fell silent, eyeing each other uncertainly as if they had walked into a funeral by mistake. Embarrassment was regarded by Land as just one of the rudimentary inhibitions that had to be broken down in order to explore the unknown – in contrast to the forces of academic domestication, which normalised by fostering a sense of inadequacy and shame before the Masters, before the edifice of what is yet to be learnt.

redpill me on brassier lit

he teaches in lebanon

he's probably gotta find a new University soon to teach in then if he wants to live.

brassier is hot

I wish he'd fucking finish his book on Sellars already, Nihil Unbound can basically be condenced to 20 pages after you trim out the turgid unreadable sentences and everything about 20th century continentals.

can u give us the quick rundown on what those 20 pages say?

Given the heat death of the universe, any semblance of purpose or meaning for anything in the universe is retroactively destroyed. Philosophy is not about uncovering/postulating a harmony between thought and being but about how there is thought at all in a world which is in logical time already dead.

That's retarded.

>Given the heat death of the universe
>given
I'm all for science, it's wonderful, but people delude themselves when they take a lot of these sweeping theories -- especially astrophysical ones -- as fact. We weren't there at the beginning of the universe, we probably won't be there at the end. we do have wonderful models, mathematical equations, and methodologies, but the idea that the universe will undergo heat death is still speculation. Perhaps well-informed speculation, but it's presumptuous to think we know it for sure. We're little specks in a huge universe and live for 100 years at the most, even if heat death occurs, we wouldn't be around to experience it, so we can't prove it.

>Given the heat death of the universe,
Stopped reading there

uhhhhh.. is it worth reading? anything more than deleuze/land necessary or does he refernce sellars, laruelle, badiou, etc. constantly?

Read chapters 1-3 and 7 and you can work you way through with little background knowledge. He references Sellars, Nietzsche and Churchland but you haven't had read the source texts to get the gist.
Pic related.
Protip: nothing we know is "for sure" as there's always the logical possibility of some skeptical alternative taking place and whatnot, but astrophysics is one of the most mature sciences so the odds of us being like really fucking wrong about the general picture is really low.

need not have read*

It's like philosophy freshmen thinking determinism is disproved by experiments with quarks or some shit after reading a newspaper article about it, utterly childish

who is this semen demon

the best philosopher in lebanon

it is