I need some recomendation about fantasy books that doesn't suck. Some interesting stuff, not some Tolkien-copy...

I need some recomendation about fantasy books that doesn't suck. Some interesting stuff, not some Tolkien-copy. Please don't say Malazan.

Gene Wolfe.

Just read books for adults you fucking sad case

It's not your fault

I'm working on one starting 1 second after reading your post. Its a HIGH Fantasy called "OP Grows Some Fucking Taste of His Own and Stops Shitting Up This Website". Or is it science fiction?

book of the new sun by gene wolfe

lol

I'm writing a HIGH fantasy book called "Wizards taking fat fuckin rips off a magic bong" lol

I'm reading Gardens of the Moon at the moment lol

Jack Vance's Lyonesse Trilogy.

Jack Vance's Dying Earth books and the books about Cugel.

Poul Anderson's "The Broken Sword".

Fritz Leiber's "Swords" series about Fahfrd and the Grey Mouser.

if you don't mind ornate, flowery language, there's E.R. Eddison's "The Worm Ouroboros"

here's popcorn fiction
The Traitor Son Cycle
The Vagrant
Elric
Iron Age
The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade
The Draconis Memoria
Beyond Series

>Elric

just to clarify, OP, this twit is probably referring to Michael Moorcock's books about Elric of Melnibone, part of the "Eternal Champion" series. they're good fun and quick reads, but it's obvious that some of them were written in a few days.

"Elric at the End of Time" is pretty funny if you know the other End of Time books.

my diary desu

Just you wait, I‘m still writing them

The First Law trilogy, Joe Abercrombie

Prince of Thorns
The Lies of Locke Lamora (only the first book, but it's a masterpiece)
The name of the wind

The standalone novels are amazing, The Heroes is probably Abercrombie's best work

The Whale Road

My personal favorite series:
The Black Company series by Glen Cook
The First Law series by Joe Abercrombie
The Witcher book series by Andrejz Sapowski

DUDE ASOIAF LMAO

This.

Try this out op.

Clark Ashton Smith
Tanith Lee

fpbp
He's memed pretty hard, but it's for a reason. His short stories are pretty underrated as well. Also check out M. John Harrison and Michael Swanwick

I'm glad he got memed a lot because I wouldn't have read him if he wasn't
And let's be honest "Shadow of the Torturer" sounds like some edgy horse shit if you know nothing about the book, I spent a good while avoiding him because of my prejudice and now I'm really glad I read him, I have learned a lot and will not disregard books for their genre or title alone any longer

The Gormenghast trilogy