Wait till you see what they do in Rimmon

>worrying about pain in an animal with no spinal column
They don't have brains, brainlets

>guy is the chosen one
>his name is Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ..

This
Fish literally don't feel pain

>reads article on a "NEW SCIENCE" once...

>Guy had one job
>His name is Job

>read Song of Songs
>realize it's a blatant ripoff of Song of Solomon

>Book of Numbers
>every line is numbered

>First book
>Calls it Genesis

>Book about exiting
>call it Exodus

>Book about law of the Levis
>Leviticus

>two books about events that happened over time
>Chronicles

>Book about Isaiah
>Called Book of Isaiah

What the hell was wrong with those shylockes? Better off reading the God Delusion by Richarad Dawkins IMO.

Christ is not his name, it is ancient Greek for "the savior"

And to top it off, they call him iesous christos which means iesous the saviour. but the word placement doesn't matter in ancient Greek very much so they interchangeably call him christos iesous

As always: Original Text > Translation

what’s his name :O

>read Revelations
>it's a hack ripoff of the Apocalypse of St. John

kys again kurt

> Speaks a language that has +- 1200 years old

> Doubt the validity of a book that was written +- 3000 of years ago because the name of the city is the same as the name of the sin that your language has gave to it

Is this a joke user? Have you never thought that the name that was given to sin was based in the name of this city?

In ancient Greek in the original texts they call him Iesous (Which sounds like yeesus) but they change the yee to jee later on.

Most people needed only one name, and if two people had the same name you clarify by saying their job or where they were from

"John the baptist" for example, or Iesous Barabbas from later in the gospels. Since he had the same name as Jesus they just add in his home town to clarify the difference

>book about mathew
>called book of mathew

>God exists
>His name is "I Am"
Wow, real imaginative there, God.

it's feelings not pain you shoehorning bastard

Technically it's called "The good news according to Matthew" and it's not about Matthew, but it's purportedly written by him.

interesting. so christianity has a name derived from a creative translation? which means literally those who believe in the redemptive power of jesus

>Paradise on Earth
>Literally just called 'Eden'
wow

>"John the baptist" for example
No, lmao. Do you really think people called him that to distinguish him from other Johns at the time? No, he became a part of the Christian canon so he was given the title to remember why he was significant.
A better example would be John Smith from bumfuck nowhere in medieval Britain, contrasted with John Baker.

I'm scared that this post isn't ironic

Yes, that's the whole point of the new testament.

It basically says that everyone is guilty, in fact, it quite literally says that not a single man is free of sin, and the idea of the religion is to come into the light so you can be saved.

It says to not judge others because you do the same things, you are guilty yourself, and you have flaws, and Paul says that you are condemning yourself therefore to judge others.

Although Paul is the most """"interesting"""" writer in the bible.

Jesus puts it slightly different in the Gospels and he states to focus on fixing yourself before you help your brother, because the one who judges is even more blind than the one they are judging, and you can never fix them until you've fixed yourself first.

They also describe the difference between a good and bad person. Jesus teaches how to "fish for people" which means to separate the good people and keep them, and to throw away the bad people back into the water. Jesus basically says to repay others for everything they've done for you, to treat others like you want to be treated, and most importantly to throw away temptations because it is better to lose something small, rather than lose yourself.

>Guy named Petros, "The Rock."
>Doesn't cook.
wew lad

"fishing for people" is con-speak for finding a mark. Sales speak for a sucker. Religious speak for a believer.

and they believe that believers are good people, and nonbelievers are bad people

tomato tomaato

i didn’t know this was so explicit. that’s because i started feeling interested in christianity when i had a flaring anxiety and hated myself a lot, the redemption element got me but didn’t realize till now how central it is, i was just comparing my feelings about religion with other religious people i know which never striked me as self-checking

People like it because it says a lot of things that are interesting to hear.

>Promise of eternal life
>Interesting philosophies like: You only suffer so that you can be consoled
>Jesus was betrayed and actually hated by many, and arrested and condemned and insulted and killed and he forgave the ones killing him and he promised salvation for one of the criminals insulting him
It's rare for a religion to humiliate their own God, it's one of the only major religions to do that.

Although, there are some interesting parts, they aren't necessarily contrasting, but they are controversial, like Paul's letters to various people for example.

But the religion tries to make its followers feel special and safe, which is a major selling point. It also has some very good points about some things.

>gives birth to a child and remains a virgin
>her name literally has virgin in it

A bit on the nose dontcha think

For some reason I laughed at this one the most

the humiliation of their god is what made martyrdom so influential in christian history. i was thinking islam only started the martyr thing recently or is that much embedded? their profet was a warrior

Veeky Forums doesn't like the new testament as much as the old testament from what I've seen people say here in the past, but they do like Saint John.

Who describes the darkness and the light, and that people love the darkness, because they have done bad things, and they do more bad things because they are afraid of coming into the light, for example people lie because they don't want to tell the truth about a bad deed, they are doing two bad things then. They tell you to come into the light so you can be saved.

Idk.

>Is this a joke user

Was that not obvious?

i quite have the thing to indulge in the dark for fear of being called out

>guy betrays Jesus
>his name is literally Judas
Honestly there's a lot of schlock in there. Know what they called the bad guys in the prequel? Philistines lmao

Read Bulgakov.

>there is a hypocritical and overly-judicial caste of priests
>literally called Pharisees
was the guy who wrote this shit even trying?

Underrated.

Autists only deserve the bullet

>talking snake invents nudity
stopped reading there

pic related
it's you

Martyrdom was very central in Islam. The first martyr in Islam (Sumayyah bint Khayyat) was martyred before the Quran was even finished. In the Quran and Hadith, it makes numerous references to those who die for Islam being blessed.

christos means anointed one not savior. Soter is savior. lern2greek

It actually is kind of clever because it does a good job of describing the nature of God. He is existence.

>be born as King of Kings
>spend entire life performing miracles and enlightening the Gentiles
>Sacrifice yourself on the cross to reconcile the debt of original sin

>everybody gets your fucking name wrong because the dickheads who executed you meme their language into dominance throughout most of the developed world

>Iesous
I think you mean Isous. Isous Hristos

>It's rare for a religion to humiliate their own God, it's one of the only major religions to do that.
This is probably the most profound statement in the thread so far. Are you familiar with Rene Girard, Mimetic Theory, and the Scapegoating Mechanism?

>guy named Jonah
>swallowed by a whale

>guy named Noah
>builds an ark

>creator deity
>let's call him God

wew

Vancouver BC's biggest public event of the year is the Gay Pride parade with 500,000 people showing up.
Young parents bring their small children to witness the public obscenity of bum fucking men disporting themselves on floats in broad daylight

Madness.

Sodom and Gomorrah probably only had a population of 10,000 people at most. More like 4000.

It's far worse now.

Chicago gay price has 6 year old boys dressed in drag sashaying down the avenue as hecatombs of bearded half naked men roar their obscene lust for the depraved child

Actually, if you look into contemporary Jewish writing, the concept of martyrdom was very prevalent. Jewish apocalypticism had a big focus on the current sufferings of the Jewish people under foreign oppression and how this would be redeemed by God in the new world he'd establish. See 1 Enoch, Daniel 7-12, and 4 Maccabees. Of course, for them, the saving righteousness was obedience to God's law or instruction, which Christianity changed to faith in Jesus Christ, who was seen as the ultimate triumphant martyr.

WAT

Christos is "Annointed", the davidic kings and the high priests were annointed with oil when they assumed office, and the Messiah was expected to be a davidic king.

Also, Iesous is the greek version of the common hebrew name Yeshua or Yeshua, itself a contraction of Yehoshua, meaning "Yah(weh) saves".