Superego = father = authoritarian state

>superego = father = authoritarian state
>society/friends/media = mother = nanny state
>animus = son = men
>anima = daughter = women
>self = family = state
> god = ?????
>role of trinity = ?????
Been thinking a lot lately, thoughts /lit?

should be obvious from my post, but this all relates to the concept of the microcosm

some of the ideas were inspired by the last psychiatrist and hotel concierge. Basically found that anxiety is related to re-enacting the family and/or societal structure. overpowering role of other people's opinions on the invididual scale / mother on the family scale / nanny state on the societal scale leads to an ambivalent yet hovering superego / father / police state that prevents the underlying layers of conciosness (anima/animus) in the self, son/daughter in the family , men/women in society from developing their own identity and self confidence, leading to dependence and neuroticism.

god=trinity

we are enslaved by the eyes that scrutinize us

Superego isn't analogous to society/friends/media like father to mother.

If you are using these things it should be:

superego:father = ego:x = id:y

I did this exact thing in 2012. I hit 7 layers. Still have my notebook.

the father is the punishment

Whomst'd've

No the superego is the voice in your head that's your highest level of self conciousness. by society/friends/media I just meant the opinions that you hear about that influence your superego, and can end up dominating it like an overbearing wife. Didn't really consider id since I'm coming from a jungian perspective.

I'd love to see your notebook btw

Super-ego isn't an actual thing, retards, it's a metaphor.

Self=god=trinity
Father=intellect (spirit)
Son=soul
Holy Spirit=body (seems like this would be spirit/intellect, but the concept is Platonic, referring to the receptacle, mother figure in the trinity described in the Timaeus)
All of the other comparisons you make are redundant or incorrect. These are the only three/four you need.

I have no idea if it corresponds to the formal definition, but for all intents and purposes, for me superego = voice that ego/emotion/anima/animus/whatever subconscious process can choose to follow or ignore. When you tell yourself "I should quit drinking" but still don't that's the subconscious child rebelling against the superego.

Anxiety seems to be caused by never turning off the superego, leading to a dependent subconcious that has no idea how to act on it's own. Also interesting, neuroticism (dependent subconscious that is always around hovering superego) is a turn off to girls in the same way that a guy who lives with his parents is a turn off.

why? i like girls with anxiety

Freud did not regard it as such. It is the internalization of the cultural code.

Freud got defense mechanisms spot on, but his idea of the psyche's construction was off. He was the first person to seriously develop the concept of the unconscious though so he deserves a ton of slack. (Nietzche being the monster he just casually mentions it in BGE.)

If you want to understand the construction of the unconscious metaphysically, I'd suggest Jung. He's a bit of a beast to just jump into though so I'd start with "The Origins and History of Consciousness" by Erich Neuman. From a more physical perspective understanding evolutionary neurology is quite helpful, I'd suggest starting with "Brain Architecture: Understanding the Basic Plan" by Larry Swanson.

thanks, this helped alot!

Well yeah, guys generally don't have a problem with girls who live at home as adults either, lmao

oh sorry i misread, i thought you meant girls high in neuroticism are the female version of a guy living with parents

>your highest level of self conciousness
That's the ego, which mediates between the demands of the superego and id. It's as if you've read almost no psychoanalytic lit.
The product of all systematic inquiry is a representational fiction of that inquiry's object. The super-ego is not a metaphor; It is a generalized description of one psychic motivator.

what causes OCD? please help me

I mean you're right in that I've never read Freud. I've read a bunch of Jung, although I still don't understand his Alchemical stuff. Maybe I shouldn't call it superego. I've always assumed probably incorrectly, that superego is the thought-stream you consciously control and direct in your head, and the ego was your sense of identity that was more reactive and less under your direct control.

>The product of all systematic inquiry is a representational fiction of that inquiry's object
Expect psychoanalysis doesn't even define its objects in an epistemically rigorous way. So "the super-ego" can't be an actual thing more like that "Weltanschauung" and "zeitgeist" are actual things.

*Except

You may be thinking of another model of the psyche.