Every last person i've known in my life was the same. Whether it was alcohol, sex, family, dreams, children, power...

Every last person i've known in my life was the same. Whether it was alcohol, sex, family, dreams, children, power, or even God. They couldn't keep going unless they were drunk on something. They were all slaves to something. They were all trying to find meaning in life when there is none. Is this what Nihilism is? Is this what Nietzsche meant about the meaningless of existence?

Life is suffering by default. I've never looked down on people that distract themselves from reality.

You going to senior prom?

>Life is suffering by default.
It really isn't though.

What the fuck is this underage shit.
Get the fuck out of my board.

>t. read Attack on Titan

>Is this what Nihilism is? Is this what Nietzsche meant about the meaningless of existence?
No, Nietzsche was the anti-nihilist par excellence.

Read Max Stirner or something if you want to will nothingness and call it your own.

There IS meaning to life. You just haven't found it yet.

>placing any of these things other than sex and alcohol in the same category
Nihilism is for retarded midwits who are too autistic for hedonism, too immoral for religion/family life, and too stupid or lazy to dedicate themselves to finding a real answer.

Nietzsche thought that a lack of morals would lead to the rise of nihilism
That's why he thought up the idea of the ubermensch in order to combat nihilism

The actual most nihilist writer must have been Cioran

why don't you put your money where your mouth is and kill yourself then?

Underage OUT

Yes it is. The whole point of life is to survive long enough to pass on your genes. Humans are the first creatures that made life so easy that we are more concerned with enjoyment or entertainment.

In doing so made it difficult for some to pass on their genes. Humanity is the ultimate suffering.
Accept it kiddo

Doesn't it feel like you're an alien? I mean, you're so different from all those people--especially your family. They're all just so shallow and stupid and dumb while you're interesting and filled with life. Idiot slaves, there is no meaning to any of this, you're all idiots.

Damn dude, you've really broken it down, my guy. Dude, life really is just as simple as passing on genes just like every animal damn.... We're really just animals when you think about it. Truly suffering.......

So your definition of drunk is broad enough to include anyone with any philosophy divergent from your own, who finds meaning in any matter, or does anything to occupy their time other than contemplate oblivion?

Retard

>be 17 once

WTF you just solved philosophy

You'll find out when you're older

>The whole point of life is to survive long enough to pass on your genes.
Wrong. Human projections of purpose and meaning have nothing to do with a adherence to biological nature.

>Dude, life really is just as simple as passing on genes just like every animal damn.... We're really just animals when you think about it. Truly suffering.......

You can say it ironically as you like, but it won't make it untrue

that is not the point though it is just what you and all other animals do

/pol/ did this

Ok but what if I told you it's untrue? It's untrue.

>grow into angsty wannabe hippie
>discover nihilistic persona that you think that girls think is cool
>start reading Nietzche before the Greeks
>live hedonistic life doing drugs and fucking
>go one step beyond the zero and discover you have the ability to find your own meaning in life and yet acting in any manner other than you had before causes you aniexty
>settle into quieter life, continue fucking and drinking, but now read the greeks and lots more
>start to understand what Neitzche means and realise you're not so anxious anymore when you act
>realise that the biggest problem isn't the meaninglessness of life but the infinite meaningfulness of life that can infiltrate even the smallest of things
>realise that finding meaning in life at that point is almost no different than creating meaning in your life, that meaning expands on meaning creating the possibilities of other meaning
>become more anxious
>decide to negate and wait

No existence is meaningless because every living thing has a goal, even if your goal is to not have a goal. Meaning is only something made up inside your head so of course there wouldn't be a blanket meaning to all life.

It's a brainlet opinion because it reads like the first impression someone would have upon learning about evolution. It's okay to have retarded or un-nuanced opinions at first as long as you don't latch on to them. The idea that human behavior is in any way optimized for "passing on genes" totally ignores all of the sexual prohibitions, wars, genocides, etc which have defined most of human history. All of these behaviors are meaningless from the perspective of "passing on genes".

"Is this what Nietzsche meant about the meaningless of existence?"
Jesus look at what these nihilism memes made out of people

The more time I spend here the more I think that the internet was a mistake

The internet was a big mistake. Sure people had a lot of fun with it, but wouldn't we have all been better off in the long run if it never existed?

Unless passing on genes is continually under a creative influence, say some sort of random influence, not necessarily just chance but what arises from the selection process of simple chance operations...sort of basic information leading itself through novelty into a undermeshing of a vastly complex system of biological selection....

---

I'll be glad when this spell is over with, I think....

This. Veeky Forums is dead.

Everyone is a slave to something they want to do in life. Otherwise even you OP would just lay around and die.

It is impossible to just life without purpose. Maybe your purpose is the atempt to life without purpose, but even that is something you are trying to accomplish and you are a slave to it in some way.

Get Drunk
-Baudelaire

Always be drunk.
That's it!
The great imperative!
In order not to feel
Time's horrid fardel
bruise your shoulders,
grinding you into the earth,
Get drunk and stay that way.
On what?
On wine, poetry, virtue, whatever.
But get drunk.
And if you sometimes happen to wake up
on the porches of a palace,
in the green grass of a ditch,
in the dismal loneliness of your own room,
your drunkenness gone or disappearing,
ask the wind,
the wave,
the star,
the bird,
the clock,
ask everything that flees,
everything that groans
or rolls
or sings,
everything that speaks,
ask what time it is;
and the wind,
the wave,
the star,
the bird,
the clock
will answer you:
"Time to get drunk!
Don't be martyred slaves of Time,
Get drunk!
Stay drunk!
On wine, virtue, poetry, whatever!"

2018 - still think God is dead. Grow up brother wood stock's over.

This board isn't for you desu

Remember, sage and report.

I've never seen a picture encapsulate my life so well. Haven't laughed this hard in ages.

Are you 15? Everyone is aware of that. It would be stupid and dramatic to dwell on it when you've got all the time in the world to spend however you see fit now that you're in the modern world with no worries over survival.

You're retarded, but unfortunately correct that life is suffering. It is an eternal struggle, internal and external, physical and spiritual battle. The solution isn't "lol, pass on your genes or something lol", it is to be aware of your passions and your enemies, to struggle as good as you can against the insidiousness. Life is Sisyphean in nature and we mustn't rebel against it. Embrace your role in your life, which is to struggle.

>They were all slaves to something. They were all trying to find meaning in life when there is none.
Who gives a shit?
Why is wanting to attribute meaning to something meaningless a bad thing? Why is life being meaningless a bad thing?
Fuck you. Stop being 15.

>teenage whining
>wah wah wah guys my life is so sad and yet i'm so special
oh fuck off

>All these people calling OP underage
Haha yea you all are so old and full of wisdom xdd.

ah, yes- the will to power!

I was thinking - Wouldn't it be funny if I screnshotted this post and attached it next to a picture of a fat American neet

Miura shut up, you're wrong

You have to be always drunk. That's all there is to it--it's the only way. So as not to feel the horrible burden of time that breaks your back and bends you to the earth, you have to be continually drunk. But on what? Wine, poetry or virtue, as you wish. But be drunk.

And if sometimes, on the steps of a palace or the green grass of a ditch, in the mournful solitude of your room, you wake again, drunkenness already diminishing or gone, ask the wind, the wave, the star, the bird, the clock, everything that is flying, everything that is groaning, everything that is rolling, everything that is singing, everything that is speaking... ask what time it is and wind, wave, star, bird, clock will answer you:"It is time to be drunk! So as not to be the martyred slaves of time, be drunk, be continually drunk! On wine, on poetry or on virtue as you wish."

You have to be a special kind of stupid to think the purpose of life isn't to make more life.

"Sun and steel" helped me in the definition of what a men is.
We are all slave for something, we have just to find a way to be slave of something that is better for us

>Is this what Nietzsche meant about the meaningless of existence?
Pah, existence is not meaningless, you fool. It's a truly heroic act to make existence all yours.

The primary purpose of life is to struggle against death.

>If people don't have something to do with their lives then they don't do anything with their lives
top notch social commentary faggot

Why do you need to create a thread for this? You faggot