I want to read more about arthurian legend

I want to read more about arthurian legend
does anyone have any recommendations?

The Death of Arthur is prolly pretty good

Monty phython

>read more
What did you read so far?

If nothing, then I would suggest starting with a few of the shorter stories, like Gawain and the Great Night. The chapters about Arthur in A History of the King of Britian are also a good introduction.
Then move to the more poetic works, like Chrétien de Troyes' romances. And of course, The Death of Arthur, like said.

This book is pretty entertaining, you kind of have to skip around a bit since it was published after his death and is just his rough draft and notes, the quality of the various stories differ but improve as you get further in the book. shame he didn't complete it but the part where it ends is also a decent ending if you know the rest of the legend, otherwise could have been his most depressing work.

Malory - Le Morte d'Arthur
de Troyes - Erec and Enide, Cligès, Yvain, Lancelot, Perceval
von Eschenbach - Parzival
von Strassburg and Thomas of Britain - Tristan

If you liked the steinbeck book and want something similar but complete check this out. Just realize though that these are just based on arthurian legend and not 100% in keeping with them either.

Heard that this book actually covers a lot about Arthur despite not being that long, and has been used in some college King Arthur classes as a textbook.

fantastic book, loved it as a kid

I don't think it is exactly Arthurian, but Ivanhoe is a classic tale of the same genre if that is what you are after: chivalry and feudalism

I've heard this is good but haven't read anything Arthurian besides the first half of The Sword in the Stone. Is it any good? I own it.

Same question about The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell. Somebody read the books? Are they worth a shot?

The Faerie Qveen

Connecticut Yankee is one of my all time favorite books and one of Twain's finer novels.

It's a beautiful compromise between reflection on the naiveté of Arthurian romance and the bittersweet nostalgia for it despite.

It's quite funny and fairly irreverent.

Yes they are excellent.

What a lovely recommendation! I'm not him or OP, but you've inspired me to pursue the book (and question why I haven't already!)

The Merlin Trilogy by Mary Stewart

The Pendragon Cycle - Stephen R. Lawhead

Yeah it's actually probably his greatest work from an intellectual perspective. He also basically invented the modern sci-fi fantasy genre with it. It was way ahead of it's time.

>Trips
Checked