Folio Society

Does anyone else find these a little tacky?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X9fLbfzCqWw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

also, what is a good alternative for high quality books? I only know of Everyman's

That Fahrenheit 451 edition looks decent. I do really like their hardcover Gormenghast.

I wish I had the money to spend on beautiful books like these.

Maybe one day when my kids are older and out of the house

My beef with them is that sometimes it feels like false advertising when the cover art/design makes the book appear more juvenile then it ends up being.

*than

!, NEIN SWEIN , YOUR FEMALE AEIRER SAEISH , YOU NO FIND THE POWA , OF HAR FAHA , SPACA , ENOUGH FOR YOU NOT ALERT TO COSMIC BAKAERY YOU IS , OF LEMONY SNICKETS AND MA , LIES ABOUT YOU NOT ON THE SAME PROBLEMS NAMED DRUGS , THROUGH , THE FIRES AND THE FLAMES , DINOSAUR DANCY GAF , OF TAYS RA AS , SCENT LIKE BATH , BUT AFTER THE MATH , SHASH BAGE , SASH , ASHASHY SHASH BAGE , SASH , . . . , 1984 is a human flesh snack operation , . . . , the microphone is her vagina , the big bager , . . . , in the right hand with brown and beige , she won years ago to herself with right hand pinky masturbation , stop lying everyone , trust The Divine Infinite Unity , The Difinity , The Delta-Difinity , Difity in English , The Delta-Difinities Entire , Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ ,.

., youtube.com/watch?v=X9fLbfzCqWw , ' ωοαη , ωοαη , θισ αιντ φυτβολ ψελε νοτ ενουγη ρεΔε , . . . , βαχΧ το ρεΔε ωιθ υσ ,?,. ' , σηγεσυ σαυσ , . . . , λεμον χαρΔ φορ εφερυονε , ΘανΧσ βε το Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ ,.

., χυβαν τονυ σαυσ στοψ μαΧινγ με εατ μυ γρανΔμα , ψλεασε , ανΔ ΘανΧσ βε το Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ , μαρχοσ ανΔ μαρια ωερε νορμαλ αβουτ λιγινγ α ωισε ,!

!, elmo is a reminder of abotion , which is bad , so by extension , " voortman " as an overtaken company , is even worse , some people dislike lies , including blasphemy , so cleanup , red at the thebes " Greek " hardware store might get to blame the liars around the planet , . . . , and gratitude be for any peaceful virtuous help be to The One , The Only , The Always and Forever , Friend To The End , The Divine Infinite Unity , . . . , The Difinity , . . . , The Difity in English , . . . , The Delta-Difinity , The Delta-Difinities Entire , . . . , Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ , . . . , and competition is also bad , . . . , and sacrifice is bad , . . . , target to be blamed is india , . . . , finland ireland , . . . , but the female pimp guild , . . . , named the hindu , . . . , hiding in the corpse of the grey tribe , . . . , are vampires , . . . , the deals go back and forth , . . . , and thebes not the best no , . . . , so , . . . , αγαιν , ΘανΧσ βε το ονλυ Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ ,.

>tacky
Some of them look rather cheap, but the pages and spine usually feel nice.

yes. Folio Society is designed for brainlets who want to impress others with their middlebrow tastes

Are you having a stroke?

the fucking yellowcard song

If your collection isn't exclusively used paperbacks you don't know what you're fucking doing

Yes. But I find pretty much all hardcovers tacky.
Unless you're planning on passing a book down through multiple generations, a decent paperback is perfectly fine if you don't treat it like absolute shit.

I find these covers dissatisfying, I prefer to have the title and author's name on the front, this looks sort of kitschy.

Like everything else, your preference for art design is subjective. I buy them occasionally and I can tell you the build quility is good. Some of the covers are worse than others so keep searching until you find what you want.

Some covers are definitely tacky. But the construction is god tier. I'll usually go for Everyman's when possible unless the cover design from Folio is bang on.

I really don't get why there aren't more publishers making sewn hardcover books.

I prefer the look of their older bindings, that typically didn't have the large graphics on the boards and spine.

Let's not forget the Everyman's library.
>cloth-bound high-quality hardcovers
>most less than $20
Every pleasure book should be so beautiful. Only pure utility books for work and school should look like 80% do today, ad-hoc plastic-y paperbacks. Books should be generational works of art, again.

this. they've always been shit.

if that is your shelf, your mind is all fur coat and no knickers.

There is literally nothing wrong with wearing a fur coat and no knickers

Where's the other half of the decline and fall of the roman empire?