Books read by Tupac

Is this the actual list of books read by Tupac?
hiphopisread.com/2007/08/books-read-by-tupac-shakur.html

Video here:
youtube.com/watch?v=a4LDL-saB3Y

Seems like he had a good bookshelf besides the whole "Social justice we wuz opressed n shiet" literature he was red pilled enough

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zl-Jjm-vWOE
youtube.com/watch?v=-_V9OmuZ7fk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>red pilled
>Spends his days doing gang shit to look cool

Other than Baldwin, Miller and Melville it's a bunch of shit, and Tupac didn't read Moby Dick I can tell you that for certain. That's probably just the list of books he checked out

>Spends his days doing gang shit to look cool
Well that was the influence of "we wuz opressed by da white man n shiet" mentality, he was a smart kid if he lived long enough he might've . changed

I think you meant to say >spent his days pretending to do gang shit to curate an image that he knew would allow him to make millions of dollars
There’s an interview with him as a teen on YouTube, in it he comes across as anything but a thug. He postured as a gangster for money, and he paid the price for his disingenuity with his life

t. buttblasted wh*toid

Probably that too, or probably the media doesn't want an black independent thinker character probably the media only wants black characters that shoot each other, call each other names, and blame da whitey.

>he was a smart kid
No he wasn't. Average at best

Exactly, he saw what the media wanted and he gave it to them.
What makes you think that?

He was in between, I'd say.

"I've been trapped since birth, cautious 'cause I'm cursed
And fantasies of my family in a hearse
And they say it's the white man I should fear
But it's my own kind doin' all the killin' here
I can't lie, ain't no love for the other side
Jealousy inside, make 'em wish I died
Oh my Lord, tell me what I'm livin' for
Everybody's droppin', got me knockin' on Heaven's door
And all my memories of seein' brothers bleed
And everybody grieves, but still nobody sees
Recollect your thoughts, don't get caught up in the mix
'Cause the media is full of dirty tricks"

"I'm having nightmares, homicidal fantasies
I wake up stranglin', danglin' my bed sheets
I call the nurse 'cause it hurts, to reminisce
How did it come to this? I wish they didn't miss

Somebody help me, tell me where to go from here
'Cause even thugs cry, but do the Lord care?
Try to remember, but it hurts
I'm walkin' through the cemetery talkin' to the dirt

I'd rather die like a man, than live like a coward
There's a ghetto up in Heaven and it's ours, Black Power
Is what we scream as we dream in a paranoid state
And our fate, is a lifetime I hate

Dear mama, can you save me? And fuck peace
'Cause the streets got our babies, we gotta eat
No more hesitation each and every black male's trapped
And they wonder why we suicidal runnin' 'round strapped"

no, he postured as a gangster because that was the audience he was aiming at--the black panther recidivist. he was absolutely a black power radical, until he was shot and sent to prison, after which he lost his fucking mind and started trusting exactly all the wrong people, and they were the ones that fucking killed him.

Go somewhere else, this board isn't for you

Great find, OP! I unironically love Tupac.

My favorite Tupac story:

>Shakur was shot multiple times on September 7th, 1996. A white Cadillac pulled up beside Knight and Shakur while they were stopped at a traffic light and one man began shooting out of the back window. Carroll was the first officer to respond to the grisly scene.

>Carroll says when he finally was able to open the door, Shakur's limp body fell out of the vehicle, "like he was leaning against the door."

>"So I grabbed him with my left arm, and he falls into me, and I've still got my gun in the other hand," he continues. "He's covered with blood, and I immediately notice that the guy's got a ton of gold on -- a necklace and other jewelry -- and all of the gold is covered in blood. That has always left an image in my mind. . . After I pulled him out, Suge starts yelling at him, 'Pac! Pac!' And he just keeps yelling it. And the guy I'm holding is trying to yell back at him. He's sitting up and he's struggling to get the words out, but he can't really do it. And as Suge is yelling 'Pac!,' I look down and I realize that this is Tupac Shakur."

>Carroll says he attempted to get a "dying declaration" of a potential suspect from Shakur, but the rapper was ignoring him at first.

>"And then I saw in his face, in his movements, all of a sudden in the snap of a finger, he changed," he says. "And he went from struggling to speak, being noncooperative, to an 'I'm at peace' type of thing. Just like that. . . He went from fighting to 'I can't do it.' And when he made that transition, he looked at me, and he's looking right in my eyes. And that's when I looked at him and said one more time, 'Who shot you?'. . . He looked at me and he took a breath to get the words out, and he opened his mouth, and I thought I was actually going to get some cooperation. And then the words came out: 'Fuck you.' After that, he started gurgling and slipping out of consciousness."

Who else here Veeky Forums-hop?

You first.

Oh man, never read this before so thanks for the nostalgia.

Best 2Pac album?

I've always been partial to Killuminati's intensity and emotional rawness.

bump
who rly kill 2pac?

Beautiful poem 2pac easily most poetic rapper. Other tops are Nas and King Kendrick
Easily
>Me Against the World
Fuck off gatekeeper.

A little classic fiction, a little poetry, a little philosophy, and a lot of "we wuz oppressed!" Not impressive but not bad either. What did Biggie read?

Unironically Gucci prolly like 10 times smarter than Pac and an ostensibly better lyricist

Biggie was an ignorant nigger who bit everything from his hooks to the styles of NY contemporaries like Nas, big L, and wu-tang. In fact Wu-Tang stopped fucking with biggie because of this and they're the most collaboration friendly emcee group to ever come out of NY.

>Clean lean jump like trampoline
I've gained respect for Gucci, but to say he's better than Pac is outta pocket like a tarkentan play.

The Wopster is a neat epicurean bard. 2pac ain't but a demagogue.

literally it's pic

Hol up, so what you sayin' is he could read?

He's smart but nothing outstanding either. Reading obviously isn't what brought him fame.

But would he have achieved Fame if it were not for the books he read.

Niggerpointingindexattemple.jpg

If you think Tupac is good you're dumber than he is. Hopefully you're 18, this is where all the stupid fucking posts come from.

sound

u sound like u participate in plebiscites desu senpai

I'm better than you, don't forget that!

>T. Listened to all eyez on me once

>Listened to tupac consistently from 14-18
>grew out of it
>someone posts an awful list of books he checked out
>attached interview shows he has the intellectual capacity and economic understanding of the average highschooler
>underage morons still praising him on a literature board one thread removed from philosophy and linguistic discussion
Wish I could filter you all

Holy shit a post this pretentious must be b8. I think I might save it to copypasta.

Whew, it isn't even close to pretentious, you're literally a pleb

Some of the books stick out like a sore thumb. What's up with Americans and buffet style spirituality?

>Thinking your 18 year old impression of any body of work matters
>Thinking that the Veeky Forumsboard on an anonymous hentai procurement site is a good place for high brow philosophical discourse
Lad, you are not as smart as you or your mum think.

What's a good place for high brow philosophical discourse then ? I've had better discussions on Veeky Forums than in college.

>College
The worst discourse I've ever seen is in college. Not a good measuring bar. I'm not denying Veeky Forums can have discourse but as with the rest of Veeky Forums memeing, shit posting, and a spectrum of sophistication should be expected. You're like an user on Veeky Forums sperging out on a fast food thread like all they consume is michelin starred. Go talk about how Derrida fucked up Western thought if you want, but also realize people are interested in other stuff as well and most consume a variety of ideas from different sources.

>Thinking your 18 year old impression
Where did you get that? That's roughly the age I got a modicum of sense, which is why I'm giving you the benfit of the doubt and assuming you're underage
If you're looking to shit up a board go to Veeky Forums or /b/, there is actually good discussion here occasionally, and it's otherwise decent literary memeing, not just frankly stupid shit like
Read more and you'll be able to discern quality, it's embarassing to praise Tupac

>but also realize people are interested in other stuff as well and most consume a variety of ideas from different sources.
No, you're just a fucking moron who uses "sources" for morons and there's no two ways about it.

>>Thinking that the Veeky Forumsboard on an anonymous hentai procurement site is a good place for high brow philosophical discourse
Yeah... but it actually is

I don't praise him in context to great novelists, philosophers, or poets but in the context of singer/songwriters he's up there.

Well all his songs are rhyming variations about henessy, ennemies, penetentiary and cemetery, so i dont know..

His songs are about life. His was just more fucked up than yours.

Im saying his rhymes are basic as fuck and garbage

He has lots of intraline rhymes and uses alliteration a lot more than other artists. I do not think rhyme schemes are the most important feature of a good mc either.

holy... i want more

I'm not the guy you were talking to. I'm just asking for places where you'd have a good discourse.

She is such a qt

yeah, the Veeky Forums board is clearly for discussing hip-hop. You're right

>we wuz opressed by da white man

Is this not true?

I pity Anglo monolinguals because they are limited to shit like Tupac when it comes to rap. Not that he's bad but there are problably better foreigner rappers like Gabriel the Thinker who actually criticizes the shitty Brazilian government instead of emphasizing the gangsta life like the American niggers. However just because English is the most popular language most normies will listen to that degenerate shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zl-Jjm-vWOE

With all this extra stressin'
The question I wonder is after death, after my last breath
When will I finally get to rest? Through this suppression
They punish the people that's askin' questions
And those that possess, steal from the ones without possessions
The message I stress: to make it stop study your lessons
Don't settle for less - even the genius asks-es questions
Be grateful for blessings
Don't ever change, keep your essence
The power is in the people and politics we address
Always do your best, don't let the pressure make you panic
And when you get stranded
And things don't go the way you planned it
Dreamin' of riches, in a position of makin' a difference
Politicians and hypocrites, they don't wanna listen
If I'm insane, it's the fame made a brother change
It wasn't nothin' like the game
It's just me against the world

>Yup only on some thug shit

It's a bell curve man. Famous black artists are usually near the very top of their racial intelligence spectrum so I could definitely see him being 120IQ or around that. Certainly above average.

There is something strangely feminine about his face. I bet he sucked a real good dick on the DL. Imagine going into a dark bathhouse and seeing those big doe eyes look up at you from the shadows. The sensation of those lovely plump lips slipping over your cock, while his bristly mustache tickles your pubis. Heaven.

>Veeky Forums - Literature

which part did you find most difficult to understand??

What's wrong with rapping about the gangsta life? what would they rap about instead keeping in mind the environment they grew up in?

Gabriel the thinker lmao. Dude's a fucking revisionist "everybody should respect each other" without actually attacking a point of view, he's the god of normies and neo liberals. Dude even have a song saying he will kill the president and on the last verse he says he will not actually kill the president. Nice troll tho

>no Infinite Jest

droped

youtube.com/watch?v=-_V9OmuZ7fk

Black Gangs started off as ethnonationalist syndicalism. Black Panthers and shit. Sometimes with a communist tinge. They were political groups. Intelligence agencies, feeling threatened by them, planted bad actors and drugs into neighborhoods in which they were strong, and expanded the "war on drugs" to associate black gangs with drugs.

Thus in black gang culture, just like in Italian mob culture, there is a sharp divide over whether you're an ethnonationalist syndicalist protecting your own people (what many on Veeky Forums think of as "chad" when a white guy does it) or whether you're just a degenerate glorifier of drugs.

Tupac took ballet and worshipped Christ.

He held it down. Did not shake under pressure. Good for him. Here they are trying to destroy the first amendment, even then.

If Tupac telling you a story in iambic pentameter about poverty and crime inspires you to commit crimes, then you do not know the definition of a cautionary tale. It is that simple.

I've a feeling it was an alphabet soup agency that might've taken him out, even if it was through paying off black gangsters.

This is bad
It's just bad

Why is this board so fucking obsessed with niggers?
Every fucking month there's some thread trying to justify their song lyrics (Oooga booga muh dick nigguh) as literature or desperately trying to talk about the few shitty books some of them manage to write now and then.

>GANGSTA PARTY YEAH NIGGUH GANGSTA PARTY
>a story in iambic pentameter about poverty and crime
Why the fuck are white liberals so hilarious.

no this list was made by a discord group, it's the fake tupac reading list.

Do you have any idea how brainwashed you sound

Yes and no. Don't forget the non white slave owners that existed. And 'you wuz opressed by da whitey" when Obama was around too so and Obama is black how did that happen?

He was putting medicine in the candy. He was trying to wake up the ignorant niggers around him. He wasn't attempting to make some unapproachable work to be combed over in a university course.
Do you actually not know about FBI domestic psyops during the cold war? This stuff is publicly documented in congressional hearings.

>white logic

laughable

>black logic

laughable

u mad

You don't accept the fact that africans were first to sell you into slavery? or in your logic all white people are responsible for everything you go through ?