Lads I'm writing but I stink at descriptive writing...

Lads I'm writing but I stink at descriptive writing. Accurate original and or thoughtful physical descriptions I cant do to save my life. I always fall back to fanfic tier descriptions.

I have a heroine whose body type is similar to pic related. What's a good way of describing her?

Hammy cablammy.

She was tall and yet proportionate to her height, her physique exuding strength. And yet it was not a masculine strength that radiated from her, but rather it was something feminine and primordial that belonged to an era now far past. She reminded him of a statue of Athena or Diana he had seen in a museum once, but more chinky.

Don't try to create a photographic description of a character, describe the parts that interact with her characterization only.

>but more chinky.

Go to the wilderness, or head to the city. Study everything going on around you; write down striking details, gestures, the shapes and colors of objects and how things interact with each other. You have to perceive details before you can write lifelike descriptions.

Beneath a pudgy, beady-eyed face, her body was stocky, almost repulsive in its rectangularity. The broadness of her shoulders was matched only by the meatiness of her golden-brown thighs. Her fat palms and smug expression only accentuated the overall impression of self-righteous ugliness.

Thick, but rightly so

my pa always told me to be careful around chicks with big titties, on account of their generous endowments serving to obscure their true intentions

>Accurate original and or thoughtful physical descriptions I cant do to save my life. I always fall back to fanfic tier descriptions.
If you're writing as an omniscient, non-arbitrary (unlike ie Chekhov or Gogol) narrator every intensive physical description will read like some fanfic.

It is always those superior specimens playing volleyball.

Her body, shaped like an elongated white toblerone, viewed from the side, was fitted with spindly arms and shoulders that doubled the width of her chest. Thighs, ready to crush watermelons in their wake, wobbled, as she shook out her legs in preparatory anticipation of the match.

>toblerone viewed

Didn't need the comma there

THICC

>chicks with big titties

Is that what you see there?

Under shaggy hair, she questions me with a raised brow. Her muscular arms hang expectingly along her wide hips and the skin of her thighs seems to stretch as if unable to contain the rippling insides of her body. A hint of a smile meets me as I approach her with trembling heart.

Not OP but i am paranoid about writing cliches. Id write a paragraph that sounds good only to then revise it and realize i wrote a bunch of cliches. Then i scrap everything but one sentence. How do i know if im being overly paranoid about cliches or not

Im happy about how my writing sounds but shit if i write a cliche it senda an alarm off that this has already been done too many times but if i do too many alternatives it reads like im trying too hard

If you like how it sounds it doesn't matter if it's a cliche. Stop caring what other people would think and write for yourself.

do you really have to describe her in one paragraph?

This. Your sporty thicc maiden needs to be described slowly over the course of a chapter.

She was big and broad-shouldered--a woman in a man's body--a knight, able to dominate and thus able to make a certain group of men ogle. All men, really.

This not bad

Chinky Chong eyes and thick mama San thighs

Would it be too much to spread description throughout the book?

>a woman in a man's body
No

>chinky

>big

Brevity is the soul of wit

>being transphobic in the year of our science 2018
I'm going to need to speak to your supervisor, xir

I had just finished working on a short story I've been working on and got bored. I'm fairly good at putting descriptive passages together but my dialogue is somewhat wanting.

I wish the whole process could be easier. Makes you wonder how authors produced such good material with typewriters and pencils (with regard to editing, etc.) , then you realize reading probably made up a larger portion of their lives than almost anyone these days.