Post your favorite philosopher and why

Post your favorite philosopher and why

Hard mode: Anyone but the Neet

Ez, kongzi. I’m kinda working though so can’t say why.
Also xunzi

myself

hard mode: I'm not a cuck who fetishizes a cut off circle of thinking

Jesus because he is a good person.

shit meant why: by hard mode:

I'd suck off Spinoza
I like Parmenides to

>Spinoza

Did Spinoza say anything a Hindu hadn't said years before?

L Ron Hubbard, objectively the best.

Nagarjuna

Me unironically.

>not building your own life philosophy and religion

>Hard mode: Anyone but the Neet
easy mode: Heraclitus :3

The Supreme Gentleman.

Cicero. To me he seems like the most "complete" human being ever to have lived.

easy to claim everyone says the same shit, even if it is ultimately true or a baser level, they obviously said it very differently and from a very different place.

Yes

Plato because he was right.

>This truth, which must be very serious and impressive if not awful to every one, is that a man can also say and must say, “the world is my will.”

Actually yes study the the ethics of the Ethics you dumbass might as well say Islam and Judaism are the same

John Stuart Mill.

He improved the moral philosophy of Bentham to make it more useful and humane.

Alfred Korzybski. Because he is the full stop at the end of philosophy. He ties all the lose ends and completes philosophy.

De sade

The man himself.

Schop for his aesthetics and for helping me understand Proust

probably camus because i enjoyed the plague the most out of any novel by a philosopher i've read, and i only really care about novels

How so? I only see him as a guy exploiting insecurities, I am wrong?

Plato because fuck you.

Jesus Christ, because he is the lord and saviour.

Where should I start with Alfred?

>a FUCKING poodle

That doesn't even make sense. How can the world be a person's will?

Plato because he is the first and only philosopher I have extensively dealt with. I am still reading his dialogues.

t. muh eastern shitosophies retard

Marcus Aurelius was one of the greatest philosophers of the antiquity, I think he deserves a place in this thread

No. Please fuck off.

In life, there will be many ugly, unhelpful, gross people trying to put me down. Just like you. I know if I rediscover my ethos and move on I'll benefit both of us. So I'm CHOOSING not to continue this argument

Baudrillard, for assuring me I'm not mentally ill.

Plato because forms are like so awesome

Nietzsche

Plotinus pls go

Aristoteles, because he was the only philosopher besides Plato who made actual impact on the world. Plato comes in second but he was a bit autistic

Being autistic goes with the territory.

Schopenhauer, because he had a sensible interpretation of religion.

1. Kant - Learning about his Copernican revolution response to Hume in my first philosophy class was the first thing that really blew my mind and excited me about philosophy. I really admire his systematic approach to philosophy even if sometimes it ends up somewhat unclear in his writing.

2. Wittgenstein - Created not one but two revolutionary works, which are both fascinating in different ways. Probably the most interesting of the philsopers that took the "linguistic turn"

3. Plato - Because the dialogues are really funny

Ily

The Stoics, Buddha, Confucius, etc. Tons of philosophers have made a big impact

Niccolo Machiavelli. Human is a spiteful creature that needs to be put in it's place like a toddler for shit to work right.

>As much as he opposes the traditional German Idealists in their metaphysical elevation of self-consciousness (which he regards as too intellectualistic), Schopenhauer philosophizes within the spirit of this tradition, for he believes that the supreme principle of the universe is likewise apprehensible through introspection, and that we can understand the world as various manifestations of this general principle. For Schopenhauer, this is not the principle of self-consciousness and rationally-infused will, but is rather what he simply calls “Will” — a mindless, aimless, non-rational impulse at the foundation of our instinctual drives, and at the foundational being of everything. Schopenhauer’s originality does not reside in his characterization of the world as Will, or as act — for we encounter this position in Fichte’s philosophy — but in the conception of Will as being devoid of rationality or intellect.
Literally an ontology of just bee yourself.

My line goes as follows (in no particular order except chronological exposure):

Sartre - Camus - Kant - DeSade - Marx - Lacan - Hegel - Stirner - Deleuze

Anyone here believe that ancient or pre-modern philosophers are still superior to modern or contemporary philosophers

Is this a question?

Gorgias
Schopenhauer
Stirner
De Sade
Camus

yes

>erected Critical Theory's headstone
>master of Eastern and Western philosophies
>focused on the future but with an encyclopaedic knowledge of literature and history
>wrote the book that Heidegger should have written
>scorned all previous attempts to come to grips with 'globe'-alization
>scandalized the German public
>funny as fuck
>addresses current issues
>hosted a successful tv show about philosophy in the 21st C (!)
>recognizes the importance of air conditioning
>knows that 'revolution' is a misleading concept
>invented negative gynaecology
>absolute master of choosing illustrations and quotations

Prabhupāda (Bhaktivedanta Swami; haven't read Bhaktishidanta Sarasvati) because he had the courtesy to leave the original poem in sanskrit and not just giving a translation

You must be new