Why aren't you reading one of the greatest thinkers of the twentieth century...

Why aren't you reading one of the greatest thinkers of the twentieth century, writer of some of the most beautiful poetical "criticism" ever put on paper?

He's a fucking dwarf

smol bodi big bren

Because I am still going through Kant and memorizing Plato so I can attempt to really follow his writting and not struggle liek you morons whenever you pick up a book you aren't quite prepared for.

More like a Hobbit

Well, you're working on the assumption I don't understand him or that I lack the necessary background, friend

I've reading Plotinus instead

Calm down bud. The question was addressed to everyone. The sentiment is simply that it seems few purple on this sub do adequate prerequisite reading despite their penchant for debating about 20th c. philosophy.

if you’re not an ignorant ape you can into any philosopher from any period with little preparatory reading user. Kant, Hegel, Heidegger are “”””hard””” because the people who approach their ideas can’t systematize, philosophize visually or intuit anything. universal literacy was a mistake as many have said

If his writing is so great then why did you put scare quotes around the word criticism?

>if you’re not an ignorant ape you can into any philosopher from any period with little preparatory reading user
False.
Absolutely and horrible false.
Shows you do not know what you are talking about; not just philosophy in general but how people approach each philosophical work and its concepts.

I was just pointing out a bias in the post - which made a statement, by the way, I wholeheartedly agree with. Luckily, I find myself to be studying philosophy academically and as thus I'm somewhat prepared to engage with daddy Heidegger

Well, the word "critic" and its derivates are charged with a very specific meaning within Heidegger's writings (or at least, the Italian translations I've read), so I was wary about using it in English without scare quotes to indicate their inadequacy

Not OP by the way, this is just an asshat

>systematize
kys

Or even a Squat

>he doesn't systematize

Heidegger basically added couple more ontological distinctions to a cartesian two-sorted ontology. Most of his work is a pure literature and pseudo-thoughts without rigor.

>Janicaud's account of this trip and conference is among the most interesting stories told. One reads, for instance, of Heidegger's meetings with René Char, when they discussed their mutual admiration for Melville; one also finds Heidegger walking with Georges Braque, and on a harrowing drive with Lacan. There are accounts of Heidegger's exchanges with Ricœur and Marcel, and one learns as well of Heidegger's refusal (or perhaps inability) to speak French.

You will never go on an adventure with Heidegger in France

:(

>pseudo-thoughts without rigor

Mate, you don't get to say that about the guy who wrote The Principle of Reason

Can I read Heidegger's Nietzsche without any prior reading of H?

Eh, not really - at least not without a decently good understanding of Heidegger's thought. I'd recommend his courses on Hölderlin as a starter.

He's garbage

no u

what should i have read before i read him

>sub
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

The Greeks (unironically, philosophers and poets), Hegel, Leibniz, Nietzsche, Hölderlin, the Scholastics, Trakl, Goethe... I mean, everything you can actually get your hands on

>sub
FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

>Heidegger basically added couple more ontological distinctions to a cartesian two-sorted ontology.

In three paragraphs or more, go ahead and tell me why you think this. Genuinely curious if you have any substantial reason to have this reading of Heidegger.