Where will the next big cultural/literal movement come from?

Where will the next big cultural/literal movement come from?

Looking at history, many literal and philosophical movements are born from reactions to pre-existing works and ideas; either building upon them, or rejecting them, to create something new and influential.
However, this is always done in a creative way, if you catch my point.Regardless of the reaction, something new is presented as a result.

I just don't see anywhere such creative reactions could come from today.

Most things I've read in the media or online seem destructive rather than creative, suggesting that something is wrong, but giving no alternative; what will happen if nothing new comes?

The next big movement will be a reaction against the current cultural stagnation

China

it will be repostpostmetamodernism because that's all we can fucking do apparently

Really? Personally i think that would seem unlikely, since the government seems to squash out any ideas that don't favor the communist party.

psychotic well read animal men having breakdowns on the noosphere, Land was a prelude

so it'd be like Veeky Forums if we had anyone who could actually qualify as well-read

How widespread is the belief that culture is stagnating? I've seen people claim it's being destroyed (most of those people are extremly /pol/ though, so i take what they say with a grain of salt) but stagnating isn't a word i've heard as describing the state of culture today.

We're in a zeitgeist of apprehension of the future and absolute decay and dissolution of the past. The 21st century will be as socially tumultuous as the 19th whereas the 20th century was largely a building and implementing the ideas of the 19th century. The 20th century was creatively reactionary to the ideals of the 19th, but they've run their course and today we are struggling to create a new course now that 100 years of destruction have shown 19th century philosophy to be utter shit.

>many literal and philosophical movements are born from reactions to pre-existing works and ideas; either building upon them, or rejecting them, to create something new and influential.
wow rlly? never thought of it that way

It's hard to believe culture can ever truly stagnate since it responds actively to changes in technology, politics, etc. and of course to itself.
I know Mark Fisher argued that culture had outright stopped, and since he wrote mostly about popular music his argument was essentially that change in that area had been minimal compared to before and that there was an excess of retro works. He explains this by saying capitalism has advanced to a point where it no longer allows for artists to innovate. But I don't agree with him at all.
If we take culture to be a category that includes the way we act, the way we talk, our moral values, our social roles, traditions, etc it's insane to claim that culture has stagnated. If we limit it to artistic expression it still seems crazy because the wider definition bleeds into the more narrow one.
I think people like OP are too focused on broad categories and large organized movements which is becoming less and less relevant and appropriate as a way to think about culture and art.

Neo-tribalism through a reinvention of situational thinking. Pockets of tribal purpose need to be created to harness the post-modern endofhistory-esque run we've had in the last decade or so.
I think some sort of social disturbance is needed in the same way the blockchain/crypto did to national currencies. We need to realize our new "finn-cycle"

read Spengler, culture has been dead since 1789

OP here: should we give up on the idea of cultural movements and/or "general" culture?
Does the Huge amount of subcultures mean we'll have every movement while simultaneously having none at all?

>many literal and philosophical movements are born from reactions to pre-existing works and ideas; either building upon them, or rejecting them, to create something new and influential
Wow you’re so profound

Maybe. Like the iPod effect where we have enough control over our information silos it's harder for Mass Media like radio to manufacture total consent or taste.
>The Beatles phenomenon could not happen today.

Yeah, it's a bit basic, but i'm not very well read (or educated in the humanities) so i thought that this might be wrong, so i included it as an assumption that i based my question on.

Will these new ideas make their way into the mainstream or will they be seen as fringe groups, extremists, or subcultures?

Will society really be able to cast off the weight of the last 2 centuries?

That seems to be where things are headed.
I think people have been asking for a while now, what is the next big thing? What is the zeitgeist? What is the dominant mode of art in our time? And others struggle to come up with an answer that holds up.

>How widespread is the belief that culture is stagnating?
It isn't. That's just my idea.
I was talking more about "culture" in the literary sense.
Contemporary culture (again, in the literary sense) seems trapped in either endless uncreative de-constructions, in sterile classicism or in middlebrow shit. The internet is poisoned by that kind of solipsistic retardation which denies every intersubjective value to art therefore killing every attempt at doing poetics which is how literary movements are born. There's also the fact that pop-shit is more widespread then ever and it's polluting everyone's tastes.

An interesting and silly date.

It will be a slow process and we probably won't see it while we're in the midst of it. I think the age of information necessarily means we are in for a neo Renaissance, but predicting what this will mean for the future now is about the same as Newton knowing that his physics would lead to mechanization.

The idea of "movements" is a fraudulent construct created by historians and critics. Most artists/thinkers strongly resist being grouped in "movements" and "schools" (the ones that don't are delusional egotists with messiah complexes) by talentless commentators. There are no true movements today because there have never been any.

>Read Spengler

>being this unaware
oh my sweet summer child