In Search of Lost Time

In Search of Lost Time.

Is it worth it?

It turns out the lost/past/wasted time is found in the present in our unconsciousness, in people, in involuntary memories, and in art. There I saved you 3000 pages of this gay shit.

>liking literature
>not being gay

WTF I love sparknotes now

Always thought this cover was a broken piece of pottery. I guess I never looked at a full image.
I'm stupid.

Albertine dies
M.’s grandmother dies
Robert Saint-Loup dies
Swann Dies
Mme Verdurin and Prince de Guermantes both their spouses die

everybody dies user

Nice damage control user

>implying these are significant enough plot points worthy of spoiler tags, like genre fiction

>that scene in the Station balnéaire when it's grandmother's death finally hits him

So. many. pages. Did readers digest ever do an abridged version of this. Even cliffs notes or sparknotes will be formidable.

You're dead too you just haven't died yet

I mean Albertine and M pretty much drives the Search, you retard, so of course her death being spoiled is pretty significant. You would know if you actually read the work

What's ever worth it, user? It's a good series of books.

Yeah lmao I was thinking that sounded like someone who just reads summaries so he can sound smart on Veeky Forums.

YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. I SWEAR TO GOD BECAUSE YOU'VE RUINED THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE OF ME EVER FULLY ENJOYING MARCEL PROUST I'LL FIND SOMEWAY TO TRACK YOU DOWN AND END YOUR LIFE EVEN IF THAT MEANS I'LL HAVE TO UNCONSCIOUSLY PICK UP ON THE FACT THAT YOU'RE WALKING BY ME WHEN I'M WALKING OUTSIDE THROUGH CUES THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE AUTISTIC AND UNVERIFIABLE. HOW DARE YOU RUIN THE REST OF MY EXPERIENCE THROUGH A MEANINGLESS Veeky Forums POST THAT YOU WOULD'VE FORGOTTEN ABOUT, AND STILL WILL FORGET ABOUT, IF I DIDN'T MAKE THIS POST.

Genre fiction is such a dumb term. By that logic I could assign In Search of Lost Time a genre and it would be genre fiction.

It's historical fiction. There, In Search of Lost Time is genre fiction. Don't read it, you pretentious fucking snobs.

Yeah but read it in french

>What's ever worth it, user?
Infinite Jest probably.

Hm.

This.

Yes! Try the first volume and especially Swann in Love. If you like it, you'll like the rest. The final volume, Time Regained, is IMO the best part.

This is all spoiled in the very beginning of the book when he is reflecting. These aren't major spoilers.

No. You haven’t read Proust

I don't know who's lying and who isn't as I definitely haven't read Proust but I have to say it's quite unlike Veeky Forums to spoil something just for the sake of "Ha ha, I spoiled you, eat shit." People talk about spoilers freely without spoiler tags, sure, but this? This is rare. So if it's a genuine spoiler I have to wonder what is it about Proust that triggers that person so much.

>Search

This resonates with me on a spiritual level

Fuck right off you know what people mean when they say genre fiction. ISOLT is literature.

Still waiting.

>in search of lost time
>is it worth it
>not, is it worth the lost time
It's a waste of time

The plot is not really important in a book like this

You’re an idiot desu

Yep. The whole arc of it is about how wasting your time on things that felt important at the time and then you screwed them up anyway and later you realised they were just this tiny little thing and you could have done better and you missed all your true opportunities is actually okay and at least you get back to leap back through all those moments and savour them as you die alone of some unspecified disease after everyone has given up hope of your ever amounting to anything other than those few pages you wrote that time.

I know what people mean and I also know they're retarded for compartmentalizing books into "genre fiction" and "literature."

I have this sneaking suspicion that the guy who keeps going "No you're wrong" "You're an idiot" every time someone says the plot isn't important or that they're not actually spoilers is the guy who posted the "spoilers" in the first place, angry that he did not piss off as many people as he thought he would.