Typical internet atheist edgeboi

>typical internet atheist edgeboi
>dislike political correctness and feminist bullshit, tolerate it through 2014-2016 because these are my peers (largely left-wing US city)
>Jordan Peterson appears, identify with his positions, study the philosophical underpinnings to those ideas
>realize atheism is in part the basis for PC and feminist ideology
>fast forward
>went from depressed lazy atheist to functioning member of society because of traditional and "right wing" thought
>still can't shake atheism

What's the next step?

also post your ideological progression via books

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jLTFL2W3woU
youtube.com/watch?v=OjQA0e0UYzI
youtube.com/watch?v=5BXtgq0Nhsc
youtube.com/watch?v=7_Bv2MKY7uI
youtube.com/watch?v=06-XcAiswY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What's the next step?
Go to church.

You're a retard. There are other perspectives apart from "raging delusional liberal without a moral compass" and "raging delusional conservative godfag".

Ditch the black and white thinking if you ever want to be someone who's worth a damn.

I am currently rereading God Delusion, took a break from Harris, after reading his new book. I'm also what you'd call a "race realist", which means that I recognize the differences in IQ in different racial groups

>someone who's worth a damn.
What does that mean?

>What's the next step?

Graduate high school.

I think part of the issue is that atheism lends itself towards not having a moral compass by default, so the "raging delusional liberal" isn't necessary.

I've met plenty of non-raging, non-delusional liberals who trespass on some pretty serious moral grounds casually without even realizing it.

Believe in what you want to because larping as a christian to fit in isn't enlightenment. If you really think you're missing religion but never cared for christianity, maybe read other philosophies and see if those speak to you, many are non theistic

Did it last year as one of the top students of my class

Presumably a "spiritual but not religious" and "unique" "freethinker" who, after much consideration, just so happened to come to the exact moral conclusions being pushed upon him by society.

OP here, I'm at uni getting my advanced degree, but I appreciate your contribution

>Veeky Forums is a slow board! Please take the time to read what others have written, and try to make thoughtful, well-written posts of your own.

>just so happened to come to the exact moral conclusions being pushed upon him by society

I see what you're trying to say here, why not just say it out plainly?

Is abortion then right or wrong depending on what society democratically decides? Society decides morals?

>Just believe whatever you want, man... like, whatever you believe is, like, totally true for you, man...

pleb

>by society
And what does that mean, exactly? "Society" could be any of a hundred things, depending on OP's geographic area, economic class, etc.

Dawkins can be funny but now his vitriol kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth

I was in a somewhat similar position at some point. "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis was pretty helpful.

have u read maps of meaning,OP?

I was being snide.

Jesus taught that there are two types of people: children of God and children of Hell. You can't serve two masters.

Veeky Forums - Life Advice

This video will make you reconsider your thoughts on Peterson
youtube.com/watch?v=jLTFL2W3woU

I appreciate your ability to LARP and ask juvenile questions.

You underestimate my power

I'm still getting through it, it's been a slow process

there are no juvenile questions, only juvenile answers

>not knowing that OP is mocking the type of person described.
Seriously, if your religion is subservient to your opinion about culture war shit, you're going to go to hell regardless of the theology recs we can throw your way..

Quran and approved Hadith

My opinion aside, do you really think that video is persuasive to anyone other than people who already don't like Peterson? People cry for much more mundane and silly reasons

Why didn't you boys go for the meme cover, that's half the point

Once you "de-reify" all mental constructs you don't actually end up with a liberated "self" because the human self is something that exists through these constructs; indeed your "self" has already been formed by them. It's basically just a reaction against the inescapable reality of what you already are.

You will find no answers here user. Just bad advice from pretentious pseudo-intellectuals. Or, even worse, redditors.

ffs every time Veeky Forums can't handle the pixels

>Seriously, if your religion is subservient to your opinion about culture war shit, you're going to go to hell regardless of the theology recs we can throw your way..
Not OP
I completely agree ,but do you think a Christian should be indifferent to "culture war shit"?

>went from depressed lazy atheist to functioning member of society because of traditional and "right wing" thought
What, you got a retail job and pay for the gas you use when borrowing your parents
car?

>Implying I don't have to pay for oil changes and other repairs

No. I just post this video as a mockery.
I think Peterson takes himself way too seriously, it is as if he was the last man standing against the hordes of hell. He seems to be too hysterical.

>atheism lends itself towards not having a moral compass by default
it obviously doesn't

I converted to Christianity from liberal atheism when I was 19. I stayed pretty liberal for about a year but when I went to university and saw the utter contempt that leftists hold for Christianity, Christians, Christ, and God, reading in the school newspaper about how Christians should be banned from camps and seeing marches through the school with Soviet and gay pride flags, I became socially conservative. When discussing who will be cast into Hell, in your case you should speak for yourself. Witnessing sin and what society becomes when people reject the Gospel has turned many people to Christ over the millenia. Scared straight works. The devil seeks to draw people away from God, and he succeeds in most cases, but inevitablely he pushes some people closer into God's arms. The world is a furnace that refines our faith and seperate the pure from the impure and its memory will testify to the wicked of their own wickedness on Judgement Day.

So...suicide it is

Jordan Peterson is a hack. Anyone who actually reads will tell you he knows nothing about what he is talking about. He is right about one thing. That being post modernism is shit. Watch these three videos. Someone who hates post modernism but actually says empirical facts. There is reason no one has ever won a debate against him. Watch these short clips and his others and become woke.

youtube.com/watch?v=OjQA0e0UYzI

youtube.com/watch?v=5BXtgq0Nhsc

youtube.com/watch?v=7_Bv2MKY7uI

youtube.com/watch?v=06-XcAiswY4

Or you can just accept concepts like "society" as being legitimate.