What's your opinion of reading while high?

What's your opinion of reading while high?

It makes sentences more impactful but sidetracks me a lot, but luckily they're thoughtful and interesting sidetracks related to what I just read.

>

Can't smoke weed so I don't know what that's like.

But I love reading on acid.
Especially vivid books.

Whenever me and my friend would trip we'd take turns reading hypersphere

It took about 2 dozen trips and 6 months to finish that way, but it was fucking amazing.

reading poetry aloud high makes it easier to hear the muse speaking through you

My mind wanders too much for that.

Honestly after watching movies high for a while, you become really aware of all the plot holes, inconsistencies, bad acting, etc. I started watching math videos on YouTube instead since (by and large) there are no plot holes etc, so my attention was focused onto the deep, bottomless waters of maths and physics. Not to say I'm good at maths now, but if you find a master communicator to explain things, it's far better than most fiction.

op did u get sidetracked again?

god i hate you

>only read in quiet, comfortable spaces with no music so I concentrate on the book.

DUDE WEED LMAO

Don't you feel pathetic spreading your propaganda on a board which isn't even that popular?

I'm literally high right now reading a self-help book.

Each sentence is like a heavenly dagger to my heart.

I like a bit of weed and a lot of black coffee. Comfiest way for me to write too.
Lol squares

I get the same with movies but when you watch a masterpiece the impact is nuts.

As for reading on it, low dose and nothing too heavy.

Doesn't even have to be a masterpiece imo, sitting in an IMAX is enough.
This, weed and Nietzsche is boner inducing.
I'll have a green tea thanks

I find that it makes the imagery more imaginable, but I eventually run into the wall of "Why am I reading when I could be masturbating?"

Man, I wish I was thin so I could dress like Gram Parsons, psychedelic cowboy is the coolest aesthetic (after psychedelic dandy / aristocrat, of course).

As for OPs question, depends on the book, really. For example, Pynchon (specially GR) while high becomes a fucking rollercoaster hide, while Delilo just becomes dull and heavy (in a bad way), but like someone itt has said, the best thing to do while high is consume non-fiction, since you're less likely to get hung up on tangential details reading that.

You belong in the garbage.

>2 dozen trips and 6 months
>tripping every week
Nigga do you not even care about tolerance?

>T. Sid

Care to elaborate?
In the last year I've probably spent close to $1500 on acid, and tripped (on average, I'd guess) about every two-four weeks on an average of anywhere between 2-6 hits.
I mean, I'm not bald yet and I've only had one mental breakdown requiring hospital attention while high during that time.

Everytime I do acid it's either crippling self introspection ft. fractalscapes or uncanny everything and twitchy thought loops

Same here
I've only had intermittent feelings of ethereal at-peace-ness and even those felt sort of fake.

DMT is much the same. Its interesting seeing a different world with different laws and visuals but the before and after or crippling interiorization is a killer

A month ago I've read the Quentin chapter in TSatF when I was hammered on Rum and it was one of my greatest reading experiences to date

I've tripped every week without issue in the past. Tolerance is more obvious with magic mushrooms, you can eat 20grams on the third consecutive day and feel nothing besides that scratch in the back of your throat from that bad weed you buy off of Craigslist and an incredible urge to suicide of your hotel balcony overlooking that pathetic airport city you are stuck in

Guy you replied too

I'm self introspective as fuck when sober, I could spend hours thinking about that type of shit normally.
So I find that when I'm tripping I rarely think about that sort of thing, plus I'm almost always doing something, whether reading, listening to music (majority of the time this), watching a movie, or playing games.
I'll walk around and go outside too, but I'm usually listening to music if I do.

I rarely have a "moment" to think about that kind of stuff. And when I do, I find I get a new perspective on it that I wouldn't have had thinking about it sober so it's usually worth it.

The only bad trip I had was due to unrelated reasons.
Not sure exactly what happened.

My memory blanks out and I can only remember bits and pieces of the trip.
I recall thinking I was about to "ascend" to "godhood" and that I had lived every human life so far and this was my very last.
I also jumped in the bay, and jumped on 2 cars (1 of them being a cop car).
I remember those dinstinctly.

Waking up in the hospital and slowly coming to your senses with those memories (that you honestly don't believe are real because they're so over the top) in uncanny as fuck.

Reading while high can be a very rewarding experience, but if you're not used to it then you'll have to sort of condition your brain over time to read under influence and not freak out/daydream/find something easier to do.

I do notice I enjoy what I'm reading more, but I tend to forget what I've read afterwards. I definitely smoked the most while reading Gravity's Rainbow. I felt like I was getting a lot more out of it, but who's to say really.

gayest post of the year

not anymore

Sorry straight edge here, but fascinated by what you said.

You’re saying being high heightens your ability to pick up on plot holes and inconsistencies?

Weed makes the mundane fascinating and increases self-awareness. This is amazing if you're a self-centered dumb person because it grants you a level of objective introspection that is normally beyond your capacity to indulge in. For intelligent people it just sort of makes you feel dumb.

not him but I will second this. bad acting is especially apparent when i'm high

I've opened the Hypersphere on acid so we're probably on the same timeline.