Let's discuss the works of Yukio Mishima

Other urls found in this thread:

mutantfrog.com/patriotism-by-yukio-mishima/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

one of the most boring writers you could ever come across

Tell me about his books.
What did he write about?
What is his the most famous work?

His short story Patriotism is a good intro to him and his themes. mutantfrog.com/patriotism-by-yukio-mishima/

Confessions of a Mask
The Sound of Waves
The Temple of the Golden Pavilion
The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea

Are some of his famous works. He wrote about alienation and death. He especially loved youthful death or beautiful death like a soldier in his prime being shot down.

>killing yourself before the great Japanese 80s pop movement

Fuck off

I've read The Story of the Golden Temple, and I must say that Mishima is one of the best authors I've ever read. Maybe the action is slow and you have a lot of internal dialogs, but it is definitely worth reading.

>The Temple of the Golden Pavilion

Hahahahahahahaha

In my defense if the Japanese title were translated literally it would be "The Story of the Golden Temple"

I’ve read Golden Pavilion, Confessions of a Mask, and Spring Snow. SS was my favourite

When LARPing kills

>tfw too dumb to understand the ending of The Decay of the Angel
no it wouldn't

Post your books.

>His short story Patriotism is a good intro to him and his themes.
Hot

whats your favourite mishima russia bro?

I'm not Russian nor can I even read it. I just like how the language looks so I buy up a bunch of russian shit from amazon

Welcome to Veeky Forums
You'll fit right in

kek

All except "Thirst for Love".

patrician

Going to succ some dick today

his tip for fixing the itching all over your body really helped me.

>tfw Kyoko's House will never be translated into English

With all the Weabs out there you think someone would

Just read thirst for love and it was one of the most beautiful books i've read. Learning know that its considered one of his weaker novels and am now so fucking excited to read his other stuff.
Starting confessions of a mask now

Is the Mishima wasn't gay lad around? Because he was definitely a faggot.

>h-he was just studying homosexuality for his book

His interlucator outed himself as a Sodomite, which vindicated his position in my eyes. There is no definitive proof that Mishima was a homosexual.

There is no definitive proof either that he was heterosexual.

I suppose we'll have to take a leap of faith and give Mishima the benefit of the doubt then.

Apparently Mishima's vocabulary is very difficult to translate, also his texts dont sell very well in the West

They scramble to be the first to do a fan translation of the latest shitty LN and VN for weeb points but have no interest in Japanese literature. Their Japanese is shit so lns is all they can really do

Actually, there was some guy a few weeks or months ago asking if anyone would be interested in an amateur translation. If I were a native English speaker and had the time I would attempt one as well.

He had 2 kids

ironically

He was 5' 1"

holy moly