He thinks being selfish is a bad thing

>He thinks being selfish is a bad thing

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braess's_paradox
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It can be depending on the case.

Its bad when its not me being selfish. Everyone else should care about me personallly

Most of the time it's bad in the sense that it negates the purpose and ideological underpinnings of believing selfishness to be not bad or good. You reduce your social power.

>he thinks stealing is a bad thing

Being selfish does not exactly correlate with being a criminal, it's simply holding one's own interests as their highest value. One cannot steal and expect not to be stolen from, and because of this most people should choose not to steal. That doesn't mean that people don't steal in the name of selfishness, but criminal behavior detaches itself from every moral virture and pins itself to the morally questionable ground of hedonism. You will find thieves and leeches stealing in the name of selflessness just as easily.

Can you expand on this, genuinely interested in what you're getting at.

Pls go on

this may sound like brainlet talk but it's all about balance, is bad to be too selfish and it's also bad to be extremely selfless

>this may sound like brainlet talk

Well, you got one thing right

>he thinks being nice is a virtue

>implying a brainlet can't be better at life than you

intellect isn't the path to wisdom

Alright Forrest Gump

Nice post. Unfortunately, I meant it as in stealing from the selfish person. I assumed that a good way to show what is bad about being selfish, is to say that someone would steal from the selfish person and have arguments for it just like the selfish person would have arguments for being selfish.

>he thinks people are accountable for their actions
Any action is simply the result of everything that came before it, free will is a meme

Not if you consider people transcendentally responsible for their own being

>He thinks people want nothing other than the best for him

Why would you

>he thinks
heh nice illusion of self and identity, you iota of cosmic sludge

Because fuck faggots and niggers

>Any action is simply the result of everything

T. sociology major

I feel like people don't understand the definition of selfish. Selfish just means acting in your own self interest. It doesn't mean that you literally never cooperate with others. After all, it's often in your own self interest to cooperate with others.

Nobody thinks this, you're just an idiot

>cursing out the only intelligent post in the thread
kek

You're wrong. Ayn Rand and Richard Dawkins think like this

lol LOOK AT THEIR BOOK TITLES THE VIRTUE OF SELFISHNESS AND THE SELFISH GENE LOL XD

SO RANDOM

>the real thing has more value than a fake

I mean, it's not a good thing. I waded through all 1100 pages of Rand's strawman and yeah, idk. There are just so many documented real life applications of variants of prisoners dilemma. Cooperation at gunpoint, I'm pretty on board 2bh family. Here's a cool one: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braess's_paradox