The Rats in the Walls

>Nigger-Man raced up and down the floor by this part of the wall, clawing the fallen arras and seemingly trying at times to insert a paw between the wall and the oaken floor. He found nothing, and after a time returned wearily to his place across my feet. I had not moved, but I did not sleep again that night.
What did Lovecraft mean by this?
Is this story, indeed, not only a distinctively sublime commentary on the perils of society within nature, but also the original allegory of "around blacks, never relax"?

they're scratching...i can hear them...scratching...in the night...they're...
THEY'RE IN THE WALLS!!!

AAHHHHHRHRHHHGHGHAAAHH!!!!!!!!!

*jumps out window*

very Clockwork Orange

OMFG HE SED THE N WURD DASS RACISS!!!!

On the Creation of Niggers
by H. P. Lovecraft

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Iove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

This Lovecraft guy is someone I would have invited to a dinner party for certain
Good God in Heaven WHOMST are these penis potificates?

>around blacks, never relax
Actually it's a warning of the one drop rule for people who can pass for white. His friend relaxed while he reverted to his subhuman cannibal ancestors. Cost him his life.

i suppose the modern "student of literature" will want this taken down and permanantly destroyed along with the statues

Already done. The World Fantasy Award is a bust of Lovecraft. Because of complaints, his likeness is gone.

Nigger-man is /our cat/

The story is an allegory for the Jews (rats) causing niggers (Nigger-man obviously) to go crazy and seek out problems in the house of the white man (America).

wow you are right
good grief
truly terrifying
how in the name of the good lord are we supposed to get rid of these infernal rats???????
theyre a plague upon us all and apparently they will only truly.perish when there is nothing left to devour and no more disease left to spread

No, nigger was a popular pet name up into the 1960s. The dog in The Dam Buster is called nigger. I doubt Lovecraft meant social commentary by it.

DID YOU KNOW LOVECRAFT WAS RACIST AND WROTE A POEM ON THE CREATION OF NIGGERS???

every fucking thread, jesus guys we get it already

>triggered

While reading it I pictured the little guy as wearing a bowtie as a collar, which for me, made him even more charming

I know I'll trigger a lot of special broflakes with this, but surprise, Lovecraft isn't some sort of golden standard of horror nor is he even a decent writer. His themes are of the most disgusting origin and I don't see how it's even possible his work is still published, let alone revered by men with little knowledge of what it is meant. Oftentimes you'll notice that these same people don't look much deeper into the themes displayed, but rather present a fetishism towards the bestiary he has created, which, although not as baffling as those who legitimately appreciate his work due to its racists themes, is still quite odd considering how shallow his description of the creatures is. They're so commonly portrayed as meat balls with tentacles and nothing more. After you read maybe two of his descriptions you have read them all, there is no variety to the Lovecraftian bestiary nor in shape or behaviour, they're all extraterrestrial strawmen used to deal with Howard's biggest fear: Other people!

That's right, shocking as it may be to some of you broflakes, Lovecraft was a racist. Not just a "mild racist" as his apologists often present, but a complete nutjob who saw everyone different than him as horrifying. The entire foundation of fear within his story is simply put, racism and xenophobia but to the extreme, to the point it may deceive the reader that they're acceptable. Disgusting? Yes! Surprising? No.

Notice how every single one of his stories is about a conflict against the unknown and how malicious this unknown is portrayed, to the point that it clearly shows how big, yet silly, Lovecraft's fear of foreign cultures and other races was.

If you could open your eyes for just a second and see how the Lovecraftian mythos and its enthusiasts are dominated by racist white males, then you won't even need to read Lovecraft's stories to come to this conclusion. It's just a silly cult to xenophobia, which is more scary in itself than in any of the stories it has spawned (which by the way, are all mediocre at best).

Thanks for posting these but quite sad they excluded the famous name of Nigger-Man