The Chad Jung

Where do I start with Jung? Is he really much better than Freud?

yes

who's the retard in the front center?

Jung’s theories are new age bullshit; Freud’s are much more interesting

Inb4 polposters derail the conversation

>Is he really much better than Freud?
Basically the whole Freud's psychology is Jung's theory of the "shadow".

That's how much bigger Jung is.

>Jung’s theories are new age bullshit; Freud’s are much more interesting
the key word being "interesting", which translates as "i haven't read any of them, but i feel like my opinion still matters"

I would recommend reading Memories, Dreams, Reflections and Man and His Symbols. If you can, make sure to get a good copy of the Red Book.

Jung is for brainlets.

kek

start with modern man in search of a soul, its a bunch of his lectures transcribed and is a good book to get a rough idea of what he is about. from there you can branch out and go deeper

Jung would find your blatant projection amusing.

Jung wrote four books specifically for the layman.
>Man and His Symbols
>Memories, Dreams, Reflections
>The Undiscovered Self
>Modern Man in Search of a Soul
There's also
>Aion
>The Structure and Dynamics of the Psyche
>The Red Book: Liber Novus
>Psychology and Religion
>Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle (I'd read Arthur Koestler much meme-ier bok "The Roots of Coincident."
Then there's the "Freud/Jung" letters and the rest of his collected works.

Jung and Freud are wrong, but they are children of their time. Some of their ideas might be worth considering.

Are there any establish critiques of Jung's theory, other than some of it is largely unprovable?

Just read Plato

Why is the Red Book good, and what about Archetypes? I thoughts his ideas about archetypes were his most influential ideas.

>random pundit on the internet makes sweeping, unsupported statement

Cool story bro.

He's the patient.

I haven't read Archetypes (and probably should). Just listed those as a good way to get started. The Red Book is pretty incredible re. art/symbols/dreams - gives a different way to read/experience the stuff Jung writes about

Depends on which on is the J00. Him I wouldn't trust.

Jung was a mysticist who used psychoanalysis as a bullshit justification. is right, Jung is much "bigger", but bigger is not always better. Any child can take someone else's creation and stack shit on top of it

Both are garbage

Jung doesn't understand alchemy or gnosis

>but bigger is not always better
That's what she said

Jung was on to some seriously potent stuff, I'd give him a shot before discounting him. He's one of those people who says things that you've felt before but never articulated.

This is good advice

>brainlets
>kek
This isn't a smart post, friend.

Well Jung is more or less the father of modern Psychology. So I’d say he’s better than DUDE ANAL FIXATION LMAO

ive read a lot of them actually

My internet dad was heavily influenced by Jung so I decided to give him a read. Way better than Freud's "dude ur gay lmao"

psychoanalysis is pure jewish garbage , total nonsense ,evolutionary psychology on the other hand deal with facts about human nature in a rational,scientific aproach that explains why humans behave the way we do , you gullible faggot

Read The Golden Bough.