Reminder Nietzsche was just a poor man's Carlyle

Reminder Nietzsche was just a poor man's Carlyle.

Honestly everything Nietzsch did a christian did before. Carlyle, Hamann, Kierkegaard, every single bit of it.

I agree with you, but Carlyle was not a Christian.

Reminder Nietzsche was just a poor man

Reminder Nietzsche was just a cucked man

Nietzsche read Carlyle's works and had a positive opinion of him; also he was [Carlyle] somewhat of a Victorian Nietzsche. The Great Man Theory from Carlyle's 'Heros' may have had an influence on the Übermensch idea; Carlyle like Nietzsche was well read on German Idealism so it seems unsurprising they were close on thought (they were both theologically trained too).
How much of Carlyle have you read?

ahem...

how should I go about reading carlyle?

Reminder Nietzsche was just a poor man's Rand.

you open his books with your hands and read them with your eyes as you would any other

cute

CUTE!

you dont have to be an ass about it

as you do in any topic, start by doing a quick search on it, yes wikipedia works as it is a vague search not a profound one, look up the titles you are more interested in, look up a brief synopsis on them and then choose the one you are more interested in, and go ahead and read, there is no mistery to read any author/topic evrything can be interpreted by any reader, so the best way to sink in a topic is by reading about it yourself,, good luck

t. read a wikipedia page on carlyle

Not sure if you understand the expression but it means Nietzsche is a cheap intimation of Carlyle.

rand is edgy shit for teenagers

Read Heros then Past and Present and you could go into his Essays after that. From his histories read French Revolution it is great; unless you want an actual history book as it is from a more personal view, makes a wonderful read. Their is his Sartor Resartorus however unless you are used to his prose, have a handle on philosophy (particularly German Idealism) maybe best to find a commentary online.
I wish there was a Veeky Forums guide, might make one myself.
However; whatever you try, read Heros and The French Revolution they are -really- his core works.

Yes I am aware but I understand humour and irony. And I have read Carlyle's works. I don't need to cry about him being mean to papa Nietz

>T. Muslim

Thanks, I nearly forgot!

Butthurt hater and probably also communist

>t. didn’t have an xbox growing up

capitalism and communism both lead to the same thing degeneracy and nihilism

you mean nihilism and degeneracy both lead to capitalism and communism