Which Kindle to get?

Is the Oasis worth the extra $$$?

Paperwhite

but I want the water-proof feature of the oasis so that I can read in the tub without worry

Fuck Kindle, get a Kobo.
New Kobos have this super nice color tint in their light, so it's not bright blue always.
They also have waterproof so that you can jack off to Murakami books without worrying about your jizz fucking up your precious agatha cristhie ebook collection.

None.

>reading digitally

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've had my Paperwhite for years. Oasis is cringeworthy, akin to buying a hardcover crusted over with the finest gold that'll sit on your shelf, unread. I have a feeling you're thinking - if I spend this much, how could I not read!? sadly, the mind wanders beyond money

why should I fight the amazon monopoly for this upstart?

pros:
u'll be able to get books from the internet for free as pdfs?
it's clearly lighter than holding a book
cons:
u'll definetely stand out when reading in a public place

This is a know-nothing comment.

sounds like a sour grapes

>>asks which one to choose
>>already wants the only one that is waterproof
fuck mate

Don't listen to Kobo is a meme.

Better interface, too. And integrated with kobo so sending articles to your device from your phone or PC is really easy. I've had several kindles as well as several Kobos (as well as some other brands) and the only advantages of the Kindles are superior dictionaries and the free 3g for looking shit up on wikipedia.

Consider too that the next Paperwhite model is on the horizon.

I'm not sure if the waterproof rating is all that important.

I've heard of plenty of people reading the paperwhite in the tub without problems

The Oasis leisure centre in Swindon? No.

So just a heads-up: you DON'T want to pirate PDFs. You want to pirate e-book format like EPUB or MOBI (and then convert to the proper format for your reader). PDF is horrible to read on such a small screen, and pretty much impossible to convert to a good format.

Have you had one, ya shill? They're superior to Amashit

proofs or are you talking out of your rear end?

Amazon has DRM from factory. Kobo is pretty free and better sorted imo.
The home page is nicer imo, shows up all your latest opened things, which is nice.
It uses tabs and pages instead of scrolling for some things, which works better for the e-ink tablets imo.
Again, the new Kobo has this nice tinted light which is less harsh at night, you can still set it to white/blue bright if you want, but the amber tint is nice.
Kobo takes all formats, Kindles need either to be in mobi or awz and so on... most pirated books are shared in epub format.
etc.

>reading pdf format
enjoy your format cancer
>stand out
M8, it's the complete opposite of out there.

Explain how is it a meme.
Amazon literally sold kindle at a loss to literally shove ads up your ass, how is that not the ultimate meme e-reader?

get the paperwhite and take showers faggot

Ive got an Oasis because I had a ton of amazon giftcards laying around. Ask me anything about it

I never touched the other latest generation kindles so I can't compare them for you.

Do you use a case? Do you feel one is necessary?

Does the back feel excessively slippery due to the aluminum finish? Is battery life as bad as people claim?

How is the adaptive lighting? I've heard that everyone turns that feature off.

is there any truly FOSS e-reader?

Just put it in a zip lock bag

Dunno if truly FOSS, but I know that Kobo OS is Linux.

Just rumors, for now, but it has been some time since the last one.

I honestly dont know.

just get an ipad.

I have a Voyage because I wanted a backlit screen. I like it, though prefer physical books. Kindle's convenient for reading outside of home.

>£109.99
I could’ve sworn my paper white was no more than $70usd when I bought it last year. What happened?

> Do you use a case? Do you feel one is necessary?
I use the battery case/cover that comes with it. It's magnetic and it works great. I don't have any other cases on it because I'm not a clumsy irresponsible fuck.

> Does the back feel excessively slippery due to the aluminum finish? Is battery life as bad as people claim?
I haven't heard of either of these problems. The part where you're supposed to put your hand is a different material, and that isn't slippery at all. Battery life has never been an issue. I take it out of the battery case when I read, and put it back on when I don't. Battery life is great as it is with all kindles. Reading with the battery case on is perfectly fine, too.

> How is the adaptive lighting? I've heard that everyone turns that feature off.
Never heard of it.

demand went up because of ebook crypto mining

then the fucking Oasis, are you a fucking teenager? fuck you.

you can download a shiton of moby, epub and such, then use Calibre to convert to Amazon file type.

maybe you should develop your fucking common sense, stop being a fucking special snowflake and use your shit carefully like an intelligent human being.

>Amazon literally sold kindle at a loss to literally shove ads up your ass
only see "ads" in the main menu, but once i read a book there is nothing that troubles my reading. Maybe you are a drama Queen, you only need to register the fucking shit with some 3rd world country.

Just go to customer service and typed "wtf there's ads!" and they disable them for free.

All of them are Linux-based. Kindles have an alternative OS you can install which is FOSS, though. Will still have binary blobs, though.

Kek

To be real though, they make new editions every year

kek, this guy...

I have to say - as an 'original' Kindle 3G user and now a Paperwhite user after I sat on the old thing, the touchscreen of the Paperwhite is shit compared to the side buttons like the 3G had (and now Oasis). I read a lot and have now hundred of times accidentally changed the font size instead of changing the page, I want my buttons back. If I have some extra money I'll get the Oasis (or see whether the next Paperwhite will have buttons again, but I doubt it)

Probably bought it on sale.
I bought mine during prime sale for 70€

This
It's change for the sake of change. You can still get the Kindle 3g keyboards on Amazon for 30 bucks. I've done this a couple times but I kept stepping/sitting on it or forgetting about it on my backpack so it got smashed

This, sorta.
I agree that I sometimes miss the page turner buttons, and I devolved into a screaming mess the first time I tried to fucking highlight something, but honestly, I've gotten used to it. I still change the font on accident, but that's just because I want to be fancy and swipe. You can tap the screen with your thumb along the edge and there's no danger of changing font sizes or anything else. Also, I couldn't do without the backlight anymore.

none of them

ereader tech has remained fundamentally shit for like 5 years now. trust me ive been watching very carefully and trying desperately hard to switch over from physical books etc

wait until they have:
> faster refresh
> a STANDARD of 7" screens
> a STANDARD of buttons
> a pdf reader that isnt a piece of garbage