Why is this book not mentioned more often?

Re-reading this after many years and I think it's strangely topical considering it was written in the early 60s.
>Useless yet arrogant NEET who hates the modern world but can't stop gawking/screaming at it
>subversive Brooklyn Jewess spreading degenerate nonsense
>normie mother who can't understand why her college educated son is such a complete failure

It's mentioned a lot maybe you just don't browse Veeky Forums a lot.

I don't really, I meant in the broader world outside of imageboards. Do you agree that it's surprisingly topical?

Could subverting the worlds militaries and turning them gay end all war?

We're about to find out

Roberto BolaƱo liked this book.

Nobody talks about books outside of here user.

>what is Thebes

The very first book that made me cry with laughter. Honestly didn't think it was possible until that point.

Just watch the tv series.

I guess I meant on rightwing/frog twitter, I see people discuss literature on there fairly often

Catch-22 did that for me, but I think "Confederacy" is better. Heller's follow up stuff was pretty disappointing honestly.

>>Useless yet arrogant NEET who hates the modern world but can't stop gawking/screaming at it
Think you got it backwards.

The Russian army is gay as fuck from a lot of what I've read and they still start wars semi-regularly.

In Ignatius's scheme every army has to be gay.

Think about the fact that Ignatius probably lost his virginity to Myrna Minx

> John Waters literally tried to adapt this book into a movie with Divine
> book is supposedly cursed

Would've been cool to see pure white trash era John Waters make this a reality though.

All those buzzwords you used to describe it tell me you did not understand the book at all

I couldn't finish it. I don't remember what turned me off about it, but half-way through I still couldn't identify any lines or themes I cared about.

Myrna never existed. Ending was Iggy suiciding. Besides, he probably fucked his dog.

yeah, same thing happened to me.

The mother is the villain of the story.