Your guide

Describe the philosophy that you live your life by, or justify a lack thereof.

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

This describes it all. Cites from a pretty cool library of books, called the Bible

I sometimes think of myself as curiosity incarnate. My only purpose in life is to understand. I want to understand the nature of everything, physical or qualitative, how they connect, how all systems connect, how they can be manipulated, etc. Love is connected to all this somehow, she's eluded me, but not for long because I am always growing, expanding my scope, and when I see everything from every perspective she will be mine at last.

hedonism

Try not to kill myself before my grandparent and parents are gone. That about it. My brother can handle the news w/e.

>Potentially, animism perceives all things—animals, plants, rocks, rivers, weather systems, human handiwork and perhaps even words—as animated and alive.

I appreciate each and every thing I encounter better this way, instead of dismissing them out of hand.

Do you perceive understanding as a virtue? What about love? Is love a virtue?

Get off the internet then. And out of the city.
No small town cuck churches either. Probably better off in the woods actually, that's where all true believers are.

I believe that if I sacrifice momentary happiness and some other smaller pleasures, I can focus on working hard toward the goals I've set for myself (good grades, learning more, becoming the best version of myself ) because I've been a failure most of my life while relying on others too much. I also don't let others close so I can't rely on them and remain a failure.
Even if it's futile, and I may never achieve that happiness, I'll keep struggling. I don't think I'll be happy unless I suffer this way.
Besides probably retardism, what's this school close to?

I mean, I'd like to think it's a virtue but I'm not sure. It's become so ingrained in my identity that I wouldn't be able to stop even if it wasn't. I do think love is a virtue but it's so often twisted that determining what is the real platonic form of love is very difficult.

I'm Catholic, but I feel like a nihilist. My chief philosophy concerns the attainment of waifu.

But what if everyone did that? Kant would frown such a course of action, my friend. There isn't enough solitude for everyone.

>Probably better off in the woods actually, that's where all true believers are.

Read Jacques Ellul

What makes those goals valuable for you, though? I would say that if those goals result in happiness, you're some kind of utilitarian.

>What makes those goals valuable for you, though?
I want to prove to myself, and others, that I'm not just the failure I've always been.

Forgot to add, isn't utilitarianism about the best for a community and not having any suffering for any of them?
As in, 'as long as we get somewhere and everybody's happy, we're good!'

Exceed the primal, recognize transcendence, eat scarcely, learn constantly

It can be about more than what's best for a community. A utilitarian can say "This will produce, in the long run, the most amount of happiness for me and the community.". The individual can be satiated, too. I suppose certain interpretations of utilitarianism could entail that, though.

chaotic neutral

What is transcendence?

I try not to kill myself or to feel the intense urge to

I could be way off the mark, but isn't my train of thought similar to that of striving for Nietzsche's ubermensch?
I haven't gotten onto him yet, so I'm not entirely sure.

Unironically good

not user but I think of it as seeing systems in a larger context and acting within that expanded horizon. It's also the archetype of up

a warm stoic

whatever rosanne barr says, i do.

a comfy epicurean

We need to make good governement and teach people to support it, even if costs their lives. The only good government is the one that protects the liberty of it's people and it's people, should have the oportunity since young age to join in military training, because people are only truly free when they have the ability to protect themselfs, from others, or their own wrong governement.
Also, democracy is a fucking lie. The masses are too foolish to take serious decisions.

> The only good government is the one that protects the liberty of it's people and it's people
The only good government is the one that protects the liberty of it's people and their liberty*

Sorry, little typing mistake.

The ubermensch is sort of meant to act outside of morality, while utilitarianism is morality.

Still trying to figure that out. Recently it’s taken an eastern spin to it, pulling from Taoism and Buddhism and adding that to a fairly apatheist upbringing. I’m not religious, although the question does interest me. The more I meditate the more I start to lean towards the eastern ideas.

i do whatever the fuck i like cause i'm right bitch