St. Louis /midwest/ Meetup

There is thread about an East Coast meetup. So how about the Midwest?

Anybody in the St. Louis area want to meet up? Any Missouri or Illinois anons in the area?

I work at Left Bank Books

I've never been there desu

It's pretty cool. We put up a nice display when William Gass died. One of my co-workers met him a few times.

I am looking at the website, is it like the same anarchist left wing thing as Seattle?
I'm not judging

Nope. Pretty normal bookstore.

Are the book groups any good? Would it be worth a trip?

Left Bank is mostly overpriced hip shit, but the used fiction has some pretty good finds that are often reasonably priced. Are you all going to get the new Women and Men put out by Dzanc? Website charges $5 shipping and I’d like the excuse to get over to the MO side.

You hear about Patten? Sad.

Dude I live about 10m away and go there every now and again.
Shitty selection to be honest

Yes.
Damn... my school is a few blocks away (dunaway books is superior, you must admit)

where do we wanna meet?

is true
it's a pseudo-leftist liberal bookstore, with anything good relegated to 1 wall in the basement

Western Missouri user here. If you do a Midwest meet up, it should really be in Chicago. You'll get way more people in Chicago.

Hey also from Illinois side, you in the Metro East if you aren't far from St. Louis?

OP here, desu I am not from St. Louis so I don't know any places, but I can drive there easily. I've been meaning to check out the art museum anyways so I will be going in there some time soon.

Yep, art museum is great
if you want a chicago meetup, just try to get one going

It's looking like there are actually a few people ITT from St. Louis and Chicago is pretty far desu.

High schooler spotted.

Alright anons OP here, I've got to go buy food, but I'll be back to shitpost, I'm guessing the weekend is the best time to meet?

Any good cafes in the area?

About 20 Miles east of Belleville. Not properly the metro east, but pretty close.

Union Loafer's cafe and bread bakery

If this thread dies, have my email: [email protected]

>About 20 Miles east of Belleville
Nice. My uncle's lived there his whole life. He used to play drums in a local band called Uncle Tupelo back in the late 80s/early 90s that went on to become the band Wilco.

OP here, car ran out of gas on the way to Aldi, but I managed to pullover into Dairy Queen, now I'm shiposting from DQ. Think I'll hit on the qt who gave me food, she's probably in high school still lel.

Aright where you at?

The Shaw neighborhood in St. Louis

OP email the Boston guy for how to do this properly

I'm in Grand Rapids, might be interested in coming down for a Chicago meetup if it's good