Insofar

>insofar

I get it if one individual person has this tick of sorts but it seems to infest most philosophical literature and it is genuinely awful.

What the fuck.

You wouldn't hate me if I said it every now and then, right buddy?

Probably wouldn't hate you.
But you are not an entire realm of academia
you are just a person.

Aight thanks pal it's a useful word I sometimes enjoy it

Just don't write anything philosophical lmao.

You're just young. The word actually gets used in "real" contexts, periodically: in a stand-up comedy set, in a board room, etc. You'll deny this becase you're young and haven't heard it used that way. Adults with a 105+ IQ use it sometimes. It's an upper high-school-tier word, not that amazing. Just because you've been reading some philosophy where they harp on it (philosophers are often bad writers) doesn't invalidate the word.

There is a page in the Book of Kells which is nothing but a stylized presentation of the word. This would seem to legitimize it, as a word.

Yeah it’s used in a lot of academic philosophy. You can baselessly call these philosophers hacks all you want but I would personally defer to their stylistic preferences over those of some random user.

Sui generis is worse, it reeks of community college philosophy 101.

I honestly love words like that where it's just a couple prepositions smooshed together.
>insofar
>whereupon
>hitherto
>heretofore
>thereabout
>wherewithal
Do this kind of word have a name?

WJHATA FUCK MAN I lmao i just fell outta my chair lkuz i cloudnt stop laugh xDDXFDXFXFXXDXDXDXDXDxdDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDXDD OM GOSH DDDDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD A BIG ONE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD GRAT ONE GRATSTSS XXDXDXDXDXDXDx
WOW SON U BUT ANGERY lamao I hav never seen som1 so pooper peeved LALALALOLOLOL u ned to take a chillpill and stop raping u own asswit u husbando lmao GAAAY

Freindo I am far form high school age. I know the word gets used but its a shit fucking word. There are a myriad of other words or phrases that could be used to convey the same meaning. insofar Sound it out. It is a shit word. I don't care its etymology. Etymologist be dammed. You can call me young if your over 50 but it is a shitty word. Its the equivalent of and so on. which yes can be stylized but still remains truly fucking awful. It is a terrible word.

Insofar as it's a somewhat clunky and un-beautiful word, yes, I dislike it too.

>insofar
because
to the extent of
as far as
>whereupon
where upon
where
where on
where upon
>hitherto
until - honestly fine if its a historical dialogue
>heretofore
same
>thereabout
there about
>wherewithal
where

But we didn't even nuke England.

The worst is when people get irrationally annoyed with some word because of their own personal associations, subconscious or otherwise, and then deem that specific word to be objectively and for all "a shit fucking word."

What did you mean by this? Are you trying to suggest replacements for my words because they offend your delicate sensibilities? Because it seems you don't know what those words mean.

Is it really?
THE WORST
I had no idea.
Guess ill stop having opinions now.
Eat a dick.

You were looking for a term to describe these words no?
Pedantic and silly. Try those.

Yeah it's never interesting to hear about. Just don't use the word if you care.

I think you have a fair point, insofar as you are an illiterate burger, conversing exclusively with others of the same pedigree.

>at bar
>hit on a chick
>nonchalantly use "wherefore" in casual conversation
>she instantaneously invites me back to her place

>combining words makes me angry, I am a germanophobic *nglophone scum nigger

>but couldn't give it to her because i'm a 90 year old hermit with a dried up dick

nah nigga, fucked that bitch so good she forswore worldly pleasures and died from malnutrition.