Best novel of the last 25 years

You lied to me, Veeky Forums
You said this book was a meme
You said it sucked

This thing is amazing. It's the mood, thematically and aesthetically, that DFW tried to capture in IJ, but done by someone who can actually write, and 1/3 of the size of that meme.
I'm halfway done this thing, and there's already been some amazing passages and images.

Other urls found in this thread:

aurora148.com/lostscrapbook.php
youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ
warosu.org/lit/thread/S9983574#p9988604
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally what?

Yeah I've Veeky Forumserally never heard of this book and from this post have no interest in reading it i think ill stick to my sierpinski gasket structured sadboy doorstopper of a generation

Do better next time.

Stop shilling this shit book, you god damn pleb

Any bro wanna hmu with an epub?

You've never even read it, pleb.

yeah edited down to a "lop-sided" one

I've listened to all the bookworm interviews you've listened to, faggot.

IJ is shit.

Where'd you find it? My library has never heard of it and on amazon its at 69$

If it got a glowing praise from Vollmann I'm 100% in

Hi Evan. Good to see you on Veeky Forums again.

you're pontificating

the pub's site has it for cheaper
aurora148.com/lostscrapbook.php

i ordered it off american amazon for around $24

Did you just get into DFW or something? Watching every interview available, thinking how /comfy/ having an End of The Tour friendship would be?

cheers bruh

Big word for a retard

shill

well, i meant it in a funny way

>go to talk about a book on a literature board
>get called a shill

are you retarded, or are you some hipster who wants Dara obscure?

in contention for best book published in the 90s. easily top 3.

American Pastoral and Mason & Dixon are better than this book being shilled.

SHILL ALERT! SHILL ALERT!

not even close

>hipsters trying to adamantly prevent Dara becoming the next big meme

never gonna happen. his memehood is coming.

none of the people who post about Dara and yell about how amazing he is ever talks about what his books are about

That's because they like can't be explained in words man. You have to like just uh read the book man. He like speaks to your soul man. Like how can simple word communicate with your soul??

>Like how can simple word communicate with your soul??

sounds like a line from a love poem written by an indian man addressed to an instagram slut

I haven't read him mostly because I don't believe in pseudonyms and also because I can't understand how someone can be so completely stubborn and stupid to not think he should get a better web designer and book designer and person handling his marketing. It's infuriating.

I know that sounds dumb, but I'm like 99% serious. I mean, fuck dude, it's not that hard. But I'm also one of those assholes who believe in aesthetics, and Dara sincerely fails in the aesthetics department.

We, the Drowned

you sound like you're 18

I think the cover in OP looks nice IRL.

>none [...] talks about what his books are about
how's this differently from how Veeky Forums talks about any other book though

Bumping for this again

Listen, Evan. We've gone over this. Time and time again. Just drive into the nearest city and go to the biggest publishing house and ask them for their help. You already have a big enough reputation that any one of them will take you. In fact, if you're in Chicago, come to me. I'll help point you in the right direction. You need professionals to handle this other stuff for you.
Okay. I don't.

TLS has a good cover. Easy Chain and Flee have godawful covers though.

Scrapbook would be a lot better if the gray was not there. If the black and the image on it extended to the edge. That would be a good cover. The other two are 45 year old housewife amazon self publishing vampire romance novel tier.

You seem terrible

the covers are thematically relevant pleb, they're pure kino

maybe you'd know if you read the book instead of pseudposting on Veeky Forums

until I can get this for free online or less than $10 in good condition at McKay's or somewhere else nearby, I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold off. if any of you are actually so interested as to go through the pain of sharing a torrent, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Just stop, Evan.

Somebody please share a free .mobi
thx

someone has to scan and upload it, no official epub or anything exists

just stop, please. you can't force the meme. if you started posting in-depth criticism instead of blatant shilling, i *might* turn an ear your way. this entire thread is the literary equivalent of those people who spin cardboard signs on the curb

Please explain how they are thematically relevant. If you can't support your statement then you are the pleb.

calling me retarded isn't going to get me to read your book shill

lets do an easy one

the easy chain is about a guy who goes on all these crazy exploits but we dont actually get his perspective until the end of the book
the entire book is about rumors andthe construction of an identity, at the personal level, and then more broadly, about the construction of a story for an individual to "fit" into society

the cover is the outline of a guy, with conversational snippets about him by other people in the book

it's empty cause he disappears in the book as a major plot point, and also thematically as the loss of personal identity

it's rookie stuff

it's ugly af though

>DFW is still alive

the vollman book i read was stupid

I don't guess you want to, you know, tell us what the book is about or what makes it great aside from "like a notorious wankfest, but better and shorter".

Vollman is a faggot and the fact that he once "chose" the book for an award I've never heard of doesn't sell me.

do you react this autistically every time someone recommends you something?

this is literally you

youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

haev you read 266666?

not op vut it's not as good
and I say this as someone who really likes 2666

How shitty can you guys be that you absolutely refuse to support the vastly under appreciated work of a living author, and then have the audacity to bitch and moan when no publisher will take the time to read your diary desu? If theres anyone’s novel that you should feel compelled to actually purchase in this day and age, it’s Dara’s.

Are you Evan Dara himself?

UNTIL SOMEONE POSTS A FUCKING EXCERPT I WILL CONTINUE TO BELIEVE ALL SUCH MENTIONS OF THIS BOOK ARE A POOR VIRAL MARKETING ATTEMPT BY THE AUTHOR/PUBLISHING HOUSE

POST A FUCKING EXCERPT
POST A FUCKING EXCERPT
POST A FUCKING EXCERPT
POST A FUCKING EXCERPT
POST A FUCKING EXCERPT

The author is the publishing house.

this but unironically

I just recently ordered a copy from the “publisher” site. There’s just a button that says order that you click which immediately directs you to your PayPal login without any subtotaling or shipping details, then you make the payment and it sends you to a “thank you for ordering” page with little to no more confirmation than that. I’m convinced at this point that this dude is just shipping copies right out of his house and I’m hoping I receive in in a timely manner. Not much cheaper than amazon after shipping.

warosu.org/lit/thread/S9983574#p9988604

Vollmann is the greatest writer alive,dfw cant be even compared with him,he wrote 1 good book,while Vollmann has written a library of masterpieces

>implying that Veeky Forums is one person
>implying that person will purchase your shitty page turner under any circumstances

the writer formerly known as dave actually wrote like seven good books. check yourself before you shrek yourself, kidd

I remain unconvinced.

Hey man I know you keep shilling your book here, but trust me: I will never buy your shot book and I hope you starve to death from your mediocrity so you never publish again and spam lit

You fucking pleb i have even read his Time fate and language,his writing are the sentimentality of the writer while playing with text.
I love all his work but his is second to Vollmann he is his own league
Dfw is the only one i can see as contemporary of him in writing but in storytelling/tales Vollmann is the undisputed god of literature

>implying I referred to Veeky Forums as one person
>implying I didn't link specifically to posters relevant to my point
think before posting

I have never cringed more reading a thread

shut the fuck up and buy the book already

you must be new here

Look buddy, just give me an epub and stop pontificating

I added this to an amazon list years ago when it was being shilled here but it was then said that he Dara was some other more famous writers pen name.

It's definitely a pseudonym but I highly doubt it's anyone famous.

Richard powers
who has a new book coming out this year actually