Is there such a thing as "Jewish" literature?

Is there such a thing as "Jewish" literature?

Other urls found in this thread:

theoccidentalobserver.net/2013/03/04/pariah-to-messiah-the-engineered-apotheosis-of-baruch-spinoza-part-1-of-3/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, literature written by Jews.

Next question.

The Torah and stuff I suppose

Not on my shelf

Yes, unlike visual arts

The Old Testament

See:
There's also lots of contemporary authors, like Saul Bellow, who write with distinctly Jewish voices and touch on themes established in the classic Hebrew texts. Hell, Israel even issues grants for authors who write original novels in Hebrew.

account books

diaspora

History texts on the Holocaust

Yes, but it doesn't belong on this board. As a parasitic people jews infest everything, and unfortunately this includes western literature. It's distinct for its low aesthetic qualities, lack of creative vision, and uniquely jewish subversive elements, and Kafka is a good example of these.

>low aesthetics
>uncreative
>Kafka

Don't Jews have high verbal intelligence from thousands of years of arguing about the Torah or some shit?
They must have some pretty good lit. Recs?

Also Spinoza who made contribution to Western philosophy. But really viewing individuals through the lense of their particular ethnicity is kinda dumb. We should view them instead on the people they inspired.

The Bible

the bible is literally not jewish

Yes, obviously.
good thread

That's the only way to view individuals, and when you do otherwise you fail to make important connections as you clearly did. Spinoza was a jew whose ideas were uniquely jewish. Jews are semites furthering the interests of their group.

theoccidentalobserver.net/2013/03/04/pariah-to-messiah-the-engineered-apotheosis-of-baruch-spinoza-part-1-of-3/

Verbal IQ does not translate to creative writing ability whatsoever. A better measure would be spatial IQ, tests for which jews score poorly on. Jews are not a creative people.

hollywood

This guy pops up in every thread. He never has an argument for what makes Kakfa so "uncreative." Maybe one day he will.

no one wants to talk about this bad boy?

shit source desu

Damn, Kafka was a twink. Can't imagine this guy ever having problems with women.

You must know this because you've read all of Jewish literature. Ur brain must be fuken HUGE dude.

With terminal autism, all things are possible

Viewing someone primarily through an ethnic lense is either working on the assumption that the subject views themselves through that lense or that the person writing about that person has an ethnic bias which they are trying to affirm whether they are modern jews looking for an enlightenment hero or something else. your own source specifically asserts that it is modern Jews skewing Spinoza through an ethnic lense as being a fallacy. Yet, you argue that we ought to view Spinoza through the lense of ethnic Jewish conspiracy which is the same fallacy because Spinoza himself wasn't much into colluding with Jews. To quote your source

The process reaches its completion, in some cases after the death of the guru figure, in an aggressive Jewish marketing effort to convince society at large that this figure, together with his or her ideas, is or was of national or international—if not cosmic—significance. It is predominantly by this process that the notion of “Jewish Genius” is perpetuated.

Although in some respects the pattern is slightly different in the case examined in this article, where the effort only began centuries after the death of its subject, I argue that the essence and goal of the campaign is consistent with previous cases. I explore what is arguably the most ambitious effort yet attempted to create a Jewish icon for the non-Jewish world. In this, the case of Baruch Spinoza, I will outline the history of the Jewish effort to place him at the very heart of the Enlightenment,

And then later

By attacking circumcision and other rites intended to mark Jews out as separate, and by denigrating the Jewish claim to ‘chosenness,’ Spinoza was undermining the most vital contemporary pillars of Jewish identity. This was particularly dangerous in an age before the birth of the concept of the ‘secular Jew,’ and the corresponding development of surrogate intellectual and cultural movements in which ‘Jewishness’ could be divorced from Judaism and yet survive post partum. Seen through the lens of “what is good for the Jews,” exiling Spinoza so completely from the community was seen as necessary for the preservation of the Jews as a separate people.

Even your source points out that Spinoza did not view himself through the lense of any sort of Judaism for his time. To conflate my statement of Spinoza making some contribution to Western thought to that of crowning him the king of the enlightenment because of a modern movement within Jewish academia to view him through their own ethnic lenses is stupid. Likewise, to fall into that same trap of viewing the world through your own ethnic lenses makes your thought as flawed as the Jewish professors I'm sure you're none to fond of.

>Viewing someone primarily through an ethnic lense is either working on the assumption that the subject views themselves through that lense

It's lens, not lense. How someone views or thinks they view themselves matters none at all. People are not blank slates, they have been shaped to be very different over long periods of time due to different evolutionary pressures.

The Bible is the most popular piece of Jewish literature

So freedom of will, introspection, and contemplation can never overcome which ethnic background we come from? Spinoza spent years in exile from all of society Jewish and Christian because he knew his views would be used by revisionist, Jewish historians centuries later? No, Spinoza is a Western thinker who was born and raised in Europe and read Western philosophy and was so taken with their ideas he rejected everything about what it meant to be a Jew in his time.

>i'm stupid and I want others to know

mordecai richler

> How someone views or thinks they view themselves matters none at all
it does matter, it says something about them physiognomically. their expressed attitudes indicate the function of their organism and nervous system. Not saying one should ascribe truth value to their ideas just that you should listen to what their saying, what its structure and intent are, where it came from. This isn't an exercise in blindness or overlooking their stupidity but allows us to see the shape of their pathology

he preferred 2d/furry

Those evil jew bois from frankfurt

You just don't seem to have an even basic grasp of human biodiversity. Spinoza and Kafka were jews first and foremost: subversive interlopers, not western thinkers/writers.

I have. But little good will come from taking the things at face value if you are ignorant of the context and the nature of the alien group in question. You are still only perceiving it within your own context and thus missing the point entirely.

>T. Neopagan white supremacist

You won't gain a better understanding of reality by using fake jewish terms.

So everything you don't like is da joos. Got it.

Yes but Kafka doesn't really qualify as it.

Do they explain this?

>mods actually deleted that guy's posts

this is concerning. I don't want Veeky Forums to turn into reddit 2.0

Yeah I was arguing with him but I wouldn't advocate his censorship. It's not why I come to this site.

Only look at holocaust books goy don't you dare read the Talmud and commit another shoah

holy shit this place is so cucked did they really just censor that dudes posts

seriously fuck this website. and people wonder why anti-semitism is getting stronger

Seems like he got global banned and thus got all of is posts removed
>anti-Semitism is getting stronger
Ah yes, the day of the rope, amirite?

*His

>gas chambers 80 years ago were less sophisticated than today
gee who would have thought

>account books
so the talmud then?

anti-semetism is counter productive as is anything reactionary. Jews will fade away or integrate once consumerism implodes on itself and people regain faith in things like love, struggle and honor without any ironic distancing.

so instead of censoring the posts they just outright slapped him with a global? how is that shit ok? you fucking retard. you don't stand for anything, do you? skinnyfat pseud piece of shit.

>reactionary
you cannot see the forest for the trees. wall-e, the children's movie, was fiction, you know that right? petulant idealism.

But somehow more effective than those today?

wat a fucking waste of digits you big retard

OK, no-one seems to have actually tried answering the question, so I will.

I assume, when you say "Jewish literature", you mean, literature which isn't just written by a Jew, but which conveys a uniquely Jewish world-view; which epitomizes the "Jewish spirit", if such a thing there be.

My answer would be, yes, there are lots.

The most obvious one is Kafka.

Someone like Joseph Heller really is VERY Jewish. You might not notice if from just reading Catch-22 but once you read his other stuff (especially Good as Gold, Closing Time, Picture This and God Knows) you see how much he is seeing everything "as a Jew" - it's never very far below the surface.

read Lévinas

He didn't

This crudely put together image is supposed to prove what exactly? You stink like a conspiracy theorist.

>they couldn't make steel/iron doors 80 years ago
>the highest level of sophistication the Nazi's could produce for the seal of an industrial death facility, which would be extremely hazardous for anyone in proximity, was a slab of wood
Really showing off those critical thinking skills

The other doors would ruin the ruse. Plus Nazis were fetishised efficiency and not safety of the prison guard. Militaries often don't think about the long term health of grunts. That's why Americans got all fucked up from agent orange exposure in Nam and why a bunch of Americans got testicular cancer from riding around on stores of depleted uranium tipped ammo more recently.

Not a Jewish author, but Jewish mysticism in general.

extremely hazardous to whom? the Sonderkommandos?