So why shouldn't one just commit suicide?

So why shouldn't one just commit suicide?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qaqE96zhHbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cause you're scurred

There‘s no necessity for suicide as you die anyway

but suffering doesn't feel good

javascript:quote('10547819'); you should

suicide is for virgin faggots, true chads die young from living too intensely

Veeky Forums- Robot9000 with books

because then you wouldn't be able to read any more books

because you go to hell then baka

There's no guarantee what comes after life will be any less miserable, therefore suicide is an irrational choice if you want to end your misery.

that's like saying you should do something because suffering is suffering, what an astute observation

Because God will punish you

You have forever to be dead. Might as well enjoy things while you’re here

because there's coffee to be drunk

Yaddah yaddah yaddah, something something "absurdity" something something.

But really, should a life with only suffering, with no potentiel happiness, be lived?

What if the after death state is worse than life?

>suicide is for virgin faggots

As someone who is two of those things, I can't help but feel your retort is just begging the question.

What if its not.
Atleast you know that the current is suffering, the after has potentiel of not being.

there’s no reason, just kill yourself

How bad could it possibly be?

I really doubt that

does camus actually make a decent argument against suicide in the myth of sisyphus? ive read it two or three times but i feel like im being bamboozled

but for that dread of death, the unknown country from whose borne, no traveller returns, puzzles the will, and makes us rather bear those ills we have, than fly to others that we know not of

youtube.com/watch?v=qaqE96zhHbE

becuase im having fun right now. whats the rush?

No, French existentialism is life cultism at its finest.

Because your soul is still in a bad place. Just because you pop out of this physical manifestation doesn't mean you moved anywhere in the qualia realm, you'll just pop back in somewhere in the same spiritual state, IE a shitty one. The goal is to die with a good soul and suicide almost always implies a soul that is in pain.

niggy diggalisious my choco snigga, it's just a personal ontology

The absence of the will to live is, alas, not sufficient to make one want to die.

This.

This is a good response for how and why souls go to hell after they die.

Good post. God is certainly real and if you don’t use this life to refine your soul, as Plato says in Apology, your soul will be born to Tartarus (hell)

schlong as dey is maymays lika dees one
i kno durrs raisin ta liff

>faceapp has ethnicity filters
do they cost extra

>i need a reason
Tell me why you should commit suicide.

Jeepers

>God is certainly real
What makes you say that

Thread

This is amazingly high-quality software. I thought even the well-done changes it made to make people look like they were smiling or of the opposite gender were good, but this is just something else.

None of what you just said is in Scripture, that's just your bullshit interpretation.

>BUILD
>DAT
>WARR

There are millions of life forms in your body actively working to keep you alive every second, don't you think it would be a little selfish

From my point of view the midichlorians are selfish

The needs of the many

Bet you think Communism is evil though you absolute fucking faggot.

get a deactivated android phone. charge it. run until you need an ambulance. just keep going.

From each according to his ability to himself according to his needs

In life there is the possibility of happiness.

Hey man, there is a reason Neoplatonism exists. It pretty much confirms the existence of heaven and hell. Other people have been able to divine the essence of God without directly experiencing him, or even by directly experiencing him.

>thinks all there is to God is what’s in the Bible

>the Neo-Platonists were talking about MY god heehee

There is only one God, he’s worldwide, and has impacted humanity throughout the centuries. There are many things not written down that he has done as well.

Friendly reminder that if your life sucks enough to suicide there is always the last hope of retreating to the wilds to become a hermit, dining on crows and boyscouts that wander too close to your lair.

It is less pathetic too

No one has come up with a legit reason, to not kill one self

There are no absolutely convincing reasons for one to commit it either.

It lies outside of field of human reasoning.

Eternal suffering for finite crimes is not just. Nor is it something that a deity that is "slow to anger" and filled with "steadfast love".

Hell in the context of say, Christianity makes no fucking sense and it's cute that, Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism; a religion that has no concept of an eternal torment pit.

Because, despite all of humanity's supposed "knowing" of what happens when/after you die, regardless of all the people throughout history who think they know or claim to know or publish lengthy works of philosophy, no one knows what death is other than it's worldly, biological aspects.

Death is completely incomprehensible, that's why it terrifies people so much.

what is the point of living if you missed out on prime teen pussy?

cope

this

Wether we want it or not, death is inevitable for us living beings.
Knowing this, why would you want to die early?

Because love is a lie?

dude needs to be cryogenically frozen, the guy is determination itself

Wow, you got me. You win, kill yourself.

If your quality of life is objectively good, then suicide is unjustifiable.

If your quality of life is objectively poor, or you are terminally ill and wish to die on the day of your choosing rather than linger for days or weeks in a semi-vegetative state hopped up on so many painkillers you're only lucid for a few moments at a time, then suicide is a reasonable option and may be considered.

i like this thank you

Define what an objectively "good" or "poor" quality of life is.

To spell it out:

One of the rare seemingly unchallenged truths of this world is that everyone dies. Each person rides the runaway train that crashes sooner or later. This is not to say that “Chad also struggles” (people may not even reflect on that), it's to illustrate the idea that life is what you do before death. Therefore, by that definition, suicide can't be reasoned about, as any outcome lies outside of time and space. Moreover, that finality is what makes sentient human activity possible. For example, you don't need to discover Newton's laws if you have an eternal life: you can either test each and every apple and write down their experimental stats for future reference, or wait until the one that suits the specific case falls. No wonder that eternity is often tied to punishment in human culture. By the way, it is deeply worrying that many areas of modern science often declare that searching for truth is not a suitable description for what they do, and believe that collecting lots and lots of specific data can somehow describe the inner causes by itself. Also, you can suggest that a typical NEET life feels so dull and inescapable exactly because there is no visible end to it.

As for retribution after death, it is quite primitive to see it as something that takes place at certain point in the future, or has some physical or psychic implementation, as those premises allow for calculations only suitable for bookkeeping at indulgence stand and various antinomies. For example, a true Christian — I suppose — believes in Christ and hears the trumpet of Judgement Day at any present moment instead of imagining them as distant events of past and future, and by that becomes alive. (See John 5:25.)

> not getting any pussy
> crying specifically about top pussy
You forgot that it should happen on a personal jet plane while you record guitar solos.

Fuck i love America

There's no afterlife. Your brain stops producing consciousness and you don't have experience anymore. The end

Look, if people can sit down and put out a quality of life scale as guidelins for euthanasia of an animal, it's not hard to do it for a person.

>If people can write imaginary guidelines to protect their moral virginity, it can work for everything in existence!

Then why didn't you actually post a starting point?

>Your brain stops producing consciousness
this is some serious retardation

What the most lit way to suicide?
Now that everybody know that hanging out is for literally fags.. Freezing to death as Tolstoy looks okay.

self immolation under complete composure

The most lit way is to suck your own dick until you die from lack of nutrition

Why? Consciousness is produced by the brain. There's nothing in science to dispute that.

Just think how many books about suicide you could read instead

Where exactly is "Consciousness" produced in the brain? What chemical interactions produce "Consciousness"? At what point does the brain cease producing "Consciousness" since we know the brain remains active after some body vital signs cease?

Cutting your wrists for attention and being overly dramatic about your suffering which you deem to be out of your control when really you're just an insufferable miscreant who should literally an hero instead of being an attention whore.

And yet that persistent shitting on Camus meme. Fuckers don't get that there aint no got.

Ah, God bless him.

I think Bertrand Russell said something to the effect of "As a young man, my desire to commit suicide was only staved off by my wanting to learn more math."

It's cuz FaceApp was created by the Joos to accelerate Western society's current gender dysphoria crisis. It's really only about the gender feature. They obviously put a lot of money into it.

people like you love the burden of proof until it starts to contest your own views

Yeah, but I don't have enough talent to write one of my own, ergo I should commit suicide to gain experience to be able to write about it in the future.

What books are about suicide specificlly? Can you give me some titles?