Conservative Suggestions?

After reading "Rich Ivy Leaguers Call Each Other Stupid" (Fire and Fury), I think I need a good conservative read to cope...

Any suggestions?

>giving some kike your shekels to read lies and old news

>It's another thinly veiled burgerpolitics thread
Kys

Death of the West by Buchanan

Decline of the West by Spengler

the demolition of the west by stefan molyneux

The Iliad.
Something shorter: Oresteia

I had to check to make sure it wasn't real lol

In oresteia the old order and rules are shaken and a new one -with the gods' aid of course- must be put into place. It's a work about the establishment of a new legal and ethical frame. Not conservative at all

Conservative is kind of a lame name; it doesn't really mean "establishment." Some conservatives really are trying to preserve something, but many of them want to change things as well.

Dude, what? The old order, the rule of Agamemnon, is torn down and replaced with a new order led by the adulters/murderers Clytemnestra and Aegisthus. The gods aid Orestes in RESTORING the old hereditary monarchy and destroying the illegitimate one.

>Leviathan - Hobbes
>The Republic - Plato
>The Federalist Papers - Hamilton, Madison, Jay
>On the Commonwealth, On the Laws, On Obligations - Cicero
>Various sayings of Xunzi
>The Reign of Quantity and the Signs of the Times - Guenon
>Revolt Against the Modern World, Ride the Toger - Evola

Yeah it's almost as if applying the latest paradigm of contemporary b*rgerpolitics to old literature doesn't make any sense and people who make threads asking for "conservative" or "liberal"" literature should shoot themselves in head with their (much beloved, I presume) gun.

I'm talking about the trial of Orestes, in which the power of the Furies regarding the punishment of certain criminal acts is supplanted by the Olimpians' new rule over the humans that just leaves behind the old generation of Titans.

>getting excited about Shpanglur

James is that you?

>not getting excited about the Caesarian period that our civilizational superorganism is scheduled to start going through

nope sorry dude

L O L

John Lukacs
Leo Strauss
Karol Wojtyla - Love and Responsibility
Michael Oakeshott
George Santayana
Pitirim Sorokin
Edmund Burke
Carl Schmitt

gay
its pretty useless to suggest canon works, especially pre-french revolution. especially when after listing basic reading you just drop some evola or other mystic shit. doesn't really help you understand conservatism as a contemporary element of culture.
conservative and liberal are such awful labels anyway... absolutely relative and impossible to quantify beyond a specific time and place

Houellebecq's social commentary touches on a lot of the same things that conservatives concern themselves with and that progressives cope with by avoidance... yet I would not call him a conservative. Moral conservatism, perhaps, but that seems distinct from the political strain of "Conservatism" with its neoliberalism and its irrationalism, its paranoid anticommunism. He rejects the label reactionary too; a reactionary thinks the clock can be turned back, he does not.

I remember reading someone say that Camille Paglia understands conservatism better than most conservatives. There are a million authors worth reading if you're interested in the social problems the conservative outlook concerns itself with... many very difficult to place on the political spectrum without nauseating yourself, or who fall into the evil left-wing... Political identity is crude. Political language is crude. But sometimes we just have to use it, I suppose.

The Managerial Revolution by James Burnham.

Right on brother!
I suggest the ecology of freedom, by Murray bookchin.
Remember, you don't read a book by it's cover, trust me!