Have you ever joined a literature club IRL, user?

Have you ever joined a literature club IRL, user?

What was/is it like?

Terrible, dude. My waifu killed herself and I cried.

Terrible. It was just me and some sadboy who got quite obsessive with me (and killed my cat) and a bunch of SJWs who didn't like actual literature.

I specifically mentioned 'IRL' (which stands for 'in real life', in case you didn't know) in my opening post, you silly!

i am NOT silly

My experience was a group of fat, female english majors who really liked YA fantasy. They always wanted to talk about worldbuilding and character design. I quit going after the president didn't know who James Joyce was.

I found pretentious people who like to write convoluted shit with no meaning like Yuri.

I went to one at my uni for a few weeks, but it was just a bunch of SJWs who told me I was a gender traitor because my favourite authors were all "old white straight men".

I've been in two. Both with published writers as teachers.

The first one was a group from my University (a 100k students university) which included all schools. I was the only weird guy who didn't came from Literature majors. Economicsfag. The group was formed by about 12 regular people from which half of them were plain bad (myself included) or SJW wanting to pander their views on really shitty poems and stories. 3 or 4 were this "cultured" kind of guys who enjoyed writing and had solid skills. The last 2 were amazing poets that made me realize how shit I really was. All their stuff was enjoyable.

My second and current Club is Public on a State Culture House. The professor is a theater director and professor with some novels published. This group is really something as there are students from all ages. People from different backgrounds and grades of education. As such, the skills of the students and quality of the works were really plural.
There was a mechanic who created some pretty good and entertaining stuff, a legit autistic girl who really really thinks it's a big shot as a writer. She's not. Not even basic level. The old ladies with their erotic tales are something to remember and there was this little high school girl who was talented as fuck. There is some pretentious shits here and there but overall they all are pretty nice lads. I'm the untalented unspired hack from the bunch btw.

This was my experience exactly. I went to one meeting and they spent most of the time showing each other "weird videos" on YouTube, which they projected onto the wall of the classroom where the meeting was. It was a Friday evening. Dropped out about a month later.

>(and killed my cat)
Story?

i was in a book club for a day. they conducted a poll to see what book the club would read next. the book that won was some awful sci-fi shit so i bounced.

one of the chicks in the book club used to buy adult coloring books so that should tell what these people were like.

It's not as interesting as it sounds. He asked me out, I said no since he had strange vibes, he started harassing me and following me around and finally I found my cat hung in the garage, at which point I went to the police and got a restraining order. He dropped out soon after and I never heard from him again.

Are literature clubs really like Doki Doki where you can never leave and nothing is ever good?

Veeky Forums certainly is
>like Yuri.
you take that back

Natsuki is best girl

So was it Monika that was fucking with everyone or is it that anyone who is the president of the doki doki literature club becomes corrupted by the game?

i kind of love monika back. it's like loving butterflyfag despite being butterflyfag you only hurt the ones you love etc

wat da fug

there is probably a lot of suicide involved

That game puts a whole new meaning to DELET THIS

Tried one during college.
>0 actual interest in discussing books
>basically just a shouting match between ultra-libs and pseudo-fashies
>a bunch of people screeching on about the socratic method as if it gave them free license to make shit up
>a bunch of people screeching on about identity politics as if it gave them free license to shut down arguments
>half of them just trying to hook up with anything with a pulse
It reminded me of Veeky Forums a fair bit, actually.

This but it was a debate club. Most people thought the loudest voice made for the soundest argument. Got out of there pretty quickly after that.

I was at the one for my law school (top 10 in the world).

first and only meeting of the year, no one but me read the book. it got to the point where A fat rich Asian girl who did undergrad in lit started yelling Chaucer is my bae, Chaucer is my bae.

I bounced.

Yes, I just use it to abuse the long borrowing period on their lending library.

Gearboxes are deep you irredeemable plebeian.

Please be in London

discuss anime elsewhere, you cancerous, pathetic excuses of human beings

:^)

>anime
it's a visual novel, baka

>proving my point
allow me to stop posting so the thread may continue with its original topic. I encourage you to do the same if you're not 12 years old.

>don't discuss anime on this anime image board

Wtf is wrong with people.

>>lit club
>goes on to describe a creative writing and critique group

My school has none, and there is no fucking interest for it, since I am the only one who visits the library to get actual literature and materials.

A university with 100k students? That's a fucking city.

Imagine decrying anime on an anime image board and thinking you're in the right

...it's a visual novel about a book/poetry club, you complete autismo.

>discuss anime elsewhere
>on this anime image board

This x10000
doki doki is so cancer they make life is strange look good

Yes. It sounded great at the time. They wanted to have a beer and books club and the local bar and I thought "Fuck it. What could go wrong?"
I get there and everything's going smoothly. Everyone seems interested in craft beer and good books. Everyone's getting along just grand.
Since this was the first meet up they decided we should all write a book on a piece of paper and toss it into a hat and pick at random.
Pic related was drawn. Basically, some self help book. I suppose it has its place, but definitely not a good pick, especially considering it was supposed
to be a more laid back books & brews type vibe. Went on ahead and read it anyway. Don't remember any of it. Not really into the whole "Self-help" thing.
"Figure your own shit out, you don't need a book to fix your life, just stop fucking up" - is kinda my mentality on the genre. I took this as a sign of things to come
and never really went back and from what my friend told me it sort of continued on like this with a series of unfortunate books until the group more or less dissolved.