How do I stop interpreting things so literally? it doesn't only happen in books either

how do I stop interpreting things so literally? it doesn't only happen in books either

Other urls found in this thread:

kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/Inter-universal Teichmuller Theory I.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Take magic mushrooms lad

Start thinking of relationships and analogies.

Thats a gift friendo. Stop wasting time with reading literature that are basic entertainment guised as intellectual stimulation. Pick up academic journals and technical manuals. Stop wasting your time with continental philosophy.

>literature isn’t intellectually stimulating
>good writers are have higher iq’s than average
>verbal iq for good writers is significantly higher than gen pop
lol

What kind of technical journals would you recommend? \i'm thinking of bio-chemistry and physics, specifically but not limited to M-theory

kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/Inter-universal Teichmuller Theory I.pdf

You have Aspergers

so what, you're an realist lol

Ahaha he posted it the absolute madman

Make use of it desu, I have the opposite problem. Read Crespi.

get a sense of humour lol

you get nothing, absolutely nothing from books that are good because of their motifs (which are most of them)

oh, and I may as well never watch any movies that aren't plot-heavy as they're just lost on me. Feels bad

Shrooms are lame, take acid instead

Kill yourself, (take it literally).

Somebody is autistic lel

It's a /cric/ meme, you wouldn't understand

Autism can't be cured.

read pic-related

>t. scarred for life after tripping the fuck out once on shrooms

Acid is like being in another dimension, like a parallel universe.
Shrooms just makes it feel like reality is melting, but you're in the same universe. So I like the acid headspace much better.
I mean, I did once throw up after having a bad trip on 4aco (basically shrooms), but I don't think it "scarred me" and I definitely don't think it's the reason I prefer acid.

Look at it this way. The average IQ for PHD candidates for Philosophy and Astro-Physics is actually pretty comparable, if I remember correctly. In both disciplines people try to understand the world around them by observing what they can and positing theories as to the nature of what can't otherwise be directly tested.

In essence both try to understand the universe, but they do it in different ways and with completley different mindsets and oftentimes people find they have trouble with one or the other. That isn't to say they're stupid, or that someone who understands things in a different way is nessarily smarter than them.

There are different types of intelligence. If OP wants to improve himself and learn new things and he has tried and failed ad nauseum to look at things from a non literal perspective then it might do him good to instead try to play to his strengths.

Faulkner

>Stop wasting time with reading literature that are basic entertainment guised as intellectual stimulation.
this x10000 close lit already

astro-physics is one of the worst fields in science. It's full of the kind of shitty, masturbatory theories that are based on taking iffy math as far as it can possibly go rather than having a coherent vision on which to base a paradigm.

read reviews of books before the books and then look for the symbolism you now know exists

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.