Stack thread

Can we get one of these going? How's my power level Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

oreilly.com/openbook/opensources/book/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you again
you'll probably get more replies this time since you didn't include the rest of those stoner books

I just like these threads, man.

did you not get the second half of book of the new sun? hope you enjoy it anyways. took me over a month to read just the first half.

I got Shadow & Claw for Christmas, and since it was my pleb sister who bought it for me on direction of our mother, she had no idea there was a second half. S&C was twenty Canadabucks anyways and my sis probably wasn't willing to spend double that. I spent about the same amount of money on her anyways. I'll just buy the second half myself eventually.

Castaneda really isn't worth anyone's time. I suppose you can read it when you're too stoned for anything else, though.

Here's mine.

>Stack most likely to have a few sheets of LSD tucked into the pages

shit i forgot to attach it

I'm reading shadow and claw now too. I'm suprised by hiw good it is, I was half expecting this to be some big meme like how /tv/ has BvS, but it's actually very well written, and imaginative. It's one of few genre fiction books that doesn't just feel like "muh dragons" or "muh spaceships"

Well, if you want to sabotage train lines, I guess...

I've never even been to Tarnac

I actually like BvS

>Not adding Stoner to that pile
I liked the Illuminatus trilogy and I've been pot free for 2 years. Acid on the other hand....

Hello how are you?

Have you started reading that book by Schiller? I'm not as familiar with aesthetics as I would like, would it be useful to read without that great a grounding in German Romanticism.

>English version of Hesse
>German version of Goethe
why?

This

The Goethe was a gift from my German aunt after a suicide attempt and I haven't read Siddhartha yet in English, which I've found helps my reading comprehension.

How did you attempt suicide and why?

Most of the arguments and terms Schiller uses are Kantian in nature. German Romanticism might be a useful suppliment while reading, but a good grounding of Kant is more important.

>The Kybalion
>Not the Corpus Hermeticum, The Aesclipius, and the Emerald Tablet
Fucking dropped!

>hot cop's buns
10/10

>Getting Werther as a gift after attempting suicide

Read it and hopefully you'll try again.

Haven't browsed Veeky Forums in about a year, is this a new meme

It is not that new, I think it has moar than 6 months

Thanks.

Why would one want to be "greenpilled"?

because it's the best pill?

Has anyone read this essay collection by William James? Are they good?

The essays.

DUDE what if MAGIC lmao

let's start stacks of books we've actually read

here
ive read all my books

That dj book is really good

got these all for $9 the other day. apparently Laws of Form is worth a decent amount online

what the hell is ironpill

new boks
whadayathink

most spooked stack i've ever seen

it's a silly /pol/ meme

you're supposed to say
impressive
very nice

Add Things Fall Apart, which hasn't arrived yet.

impressive
very nice

let's see Paul Allen's stack

Hello.

Hey! I love those Semiotext(e) books! I've got The Coming Insurrection and Introduction to Civil War on my desk right now. I just read The Agony of Power - Baudrillard, and I highly recommend it.

Have you cracked any of them? Thoughts?

Tiqqun is the biggest meme ever

sorry for bad formatting just tilt your head

Have you read any of On War yet? Wondering if it's worth reading.

Not yet. Sorry.

I'm working my way through Preliminary Materials and I've glanced at Bloom in the past. There's not much explanation for their reasoning but it's definitely interesting stuff, really strikes a chord with me. At least when I can wrap my head around what they're saying.

Spiritual and Physical enlightenment for yourself in order to achieve 14 words

Traditionalism, the best pill.

Most recent pickups. Found the Dumas at Goodwill for $3.

Not sure which book I should get to start off my year. I've been really enjoying Krazsnahorkai and Kobo Abe lately so I'll probably pick up another book by them tomorrow, any recommendations? I'm mainly into the surrealism and central European literature at the moment.

Kornel Esti, Petersburg, Cosmos

Already read Petersburg in fact planning a re-read of it at the end of the month. I'll look into Kornel Esti since I enjoyed Skylark a lot.

>chomsky

Just finished ij. What next

Finish your other damn books? Who the hell stops halfway?

I read a few chapters of the Silmarillion and it was kinda meh. I guess I'm not autistic enough for it.
Giving it another shot after I've finished Beowulf though.

very nice

gravity's rainbow or ulysses. youre 1/3 of the way from becoming a certified Veeky Forumsizen

American finally learning a 2nd language

Cocaine nights is the O lyrics halffinished. I was reading whilst travelling.

Kafka is just between short stories.

>American
>Learning Spanish

Why would you learn illegal English.

It might as well be our official secondary language, plus I can learn French and Italian a little easier afterwards

Veeky Forums

>The Greek Musketgeers

It's all trash and I can't wait to read it

Who published that copy of ride the tiger.

I'm in love with it and I can't find it anywhere

I just have they faggot ass yellow Cover one

My dad has that Illuminati book.

Cervantes, the wealth that is Latin American lit, and understanding signs in major American cities.

I was severly disappointed with Art Sex Music. She didnt even go into full detail on all the shit/piss/puke eating/drinking. How is Englands Hidden Reverse? I have been thinking about getting it.

Its an /x/ meme that's been around for a while

illuminatus is great

great stack but why the fuck do you have kill all normies?

how's the Keenan book? I love his stuff for the Wire but not that into Current 93 so i never really checked out his book

I'm going to put it with Expect Us, This is why we can't have nice things, TLoTiaT and Hypersphere.

I'm sorry i ever doubted you

No problem. Why is Tiqqun suddenly fashionable? You, me and seemingly some others have been mentioning it a lot recently but I've not really seen it discussed on Veeky Forums much before this year.

>How to become a pompous ass hole

I have to stop buying books off Amazon instead of pirating and thrifting. I wanted a specific version of Altered Carbon and I made sure my selection was the right year and ISBN and I still got this fucking "Soon to be a Netflix series!" cover. These Joyce and Huxley books are giant and ugly with compression artifacts on the covers.

I also got that edition of AC, it's kinda awful

How do I stack?

Open Sources is a good book (collection of essays) if you like CATB

oreilly.com/openbook/opensources/book/

Thanks, will check it out.

My bedside stack

>Encouraging the propagation of the cuck language: illegal english

I had a similar experience with Steven King's It. I tried to order the original cover and still got the "now a major motion picture" version.

>implying we have an official primary language.

I've been a fan of almost everything semiotext(e) since around 2011 when I read The Coming Insurrection. Had no idea that Tiqqun was suddenly chic, it always seemed to be the least read of those publications. But, if I had to guess I'd say that it might be the fact that The Invisible Committee put out something last year and there's that bogus theory that they're a bunch of ex-Tiqqun writers, so that might have generated interest. That, or people have finally caught on to situationist philosophy

They put something out last year? You think it's bogus? Please tell.
It's possible it's just been you and I running into each other a few times. I've been meaning to buy the hardcopies for a couple of years but only now had the cash to spare.

Nice dudeweedlmao