twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Being is Time

> stemfags need not apply
Time is the direction of entropy.

Time is 12:26 ET

Time is money.

heh

Time to die

Time to get up off your fat, lazy ass and make something of yourself, Jonathan.

The product of distance and the inverse of speed.

t. STEMfag.

That's a measure of time, not time itself.

Some mental gymnastics we hold onto make sense of our wkrkmmm

Things have the tendency to change, and time is how humans measure the changes. It also explains why gravity affects time.

Time is Being's manifestation of its possibilities as dualised actualities.

> gravity affects time
It doesn't.

Go to bed, Newton

time is the fabric of life

Are you goibg to be muhvperceptiob faggot

More like lots of things are heavier processes to run. It's called lag.

Follow me here.

lines are made with units of dots, (100 dots in a row)

shapes are made with units of lines, (4 lines in a square)

3 dimensional objects (space) are made out of units of shapes (100 squares in a stack)

Time, is made up of units of space (the room you're in over an interval of 100 seconds)

Could be wrong though

See Eva Brann's book entitled just that. It's great.

Permeable

>It doesn't

Time is a symbol for the experienced passage of moments. A moment, as synthesized by Jakob Von Uxekull in A Foray Into the World of Animals. Defined as the quantum the passage of time can be reduced to. They are a result of perception that has been recognized and granered attention. To understand this and how the moments relate into the percieved and recognized flow of time, you need to learn about this
Naturalizing semiotics: The triadic sign of Charles Sanders Peirce as a systems property
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0079610715001261

full issue, Integral Biomathics: Life Sciences, Mathematics, and Phenomenological Philosophy
sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00796107/119

peirce.org/writings/p32.html
I started a thread related to this earlier.
In summation, time is a phenomenon that emerges from biosemiotics that produce the perception and recognition of the passage of physical time as it can be observed. Furthermore, time is also a linguistic sign that symbolizes this idea, this is the point where I start to get pedantic.

we are never in touch with the present, because neural information-processing itself takes time.

signals take time to travel from your sensory organs along the multiple neuronal pathways in your body to your brain, and they take time to be processed and transformed into objects, scenes, and complex situations.

strictly speaking, what you are experiencing as the present moment is actually the past.

consciousness is inwardness in time.
conciousness makes the world present for you by creating a new space in your mind—the space of temporal internality.

Here's a mind-bender.

All things travel through spacetime at the speed of light. If an object has very little overall speed through x, y, and/or z, then it travels through the remainder (time) at close to the speed of light. The faster that object is through x, y, and/or z, then the speed through time is decreased to sum overall (x, y, z, and time) to light-speed; this leads to time dilation, from an external reference frame.

According to Einstein, gravity is simply acceleration through a warped spacetime, and so gravity does not affect time per se: it affects the shortest path that light, or any information whatsoever, must take in order to get anywhere. An increased distance necessarily warps the externally perceived lengthening or shortening of time.

Then where does light go when it's pulled in to a black hole?

Frankly, no one knows. No one will ever know.

>we are never in touch with the present

If I think about it too much I realize my conscious can't examine itself in the moment, and observing my own thinking process as it happens is watching myself think one second in the past. It's as though I'm in a state of falling backwards throughout the span of my life looking back at the trail I've left.

SCIENCE BTFO

baby don't hurt me

Science has never proclaimed to know 'everything'; it's simply the best guess we have at the moment.

Science even discovered something which science can't explain - a blackhole.

a horizon

>looking back at the trail I've left.
Very perceptive user, this is what I was trying to explain here and why I linked what I linked. A graphical representation of that trail can be found in naturalizing semiotics. Pic related, G

time wounds all heals

Not being able to explain everything is why science exists.

The best examples I can think of in physics are how light can't escape a black hole, why light is a universal speed limit, and how can matter exist as a superposition of two states.

The last one is pretty interesting, it basically jump-started quantum mechanics. Look up "double slit experiment" on youtube, or shrodinger's cat.

>watching myself think one second in the past

I've never seen a theoretical application of this, though it's kind of trippy to think about it when you listen to music.

youtube.com/watch?v=wycjnCCgUes

What are good science books about modern physics?

I liked the illustrated (tfw braiblet) Hawkibgs book A brief history of time.

Outside that ive relied on wikip

Anything by Michio Kaku or Neil Degrasse Tyson would be where I would start.

>Neil Degrasse Tyson
ha

Everything.

That’s just wrong, in fact the better the scientists the more likely it is for him to have a good grasp of philosophy.

If you have the time, read the following.

This could really change the way you see the world.
Start the song, as you listen to it.

Imagine yourself on a moving sidewalk, like the ones at the airport.

You're facing the wrong way, and watching everything move slowly away from you.

Think of listening to the song like being a painter, your mind creating the sounds you recognize as music from vibrations in the air, as brush strokes of audible cognition along your stream of consciousness.

You can feel yourself, as the painter, moving backwards on this treadmill, painting along the walls on both sides of you.

Watching as the passage of time melds seamlessly with the music you've been hearing,
and seeing the entirety of the masterpiece you've created slowly moving away from where you're standing.

As your body is moving forward in time, you're looking in the opposite direction.

With your back facing the future, on the cusp of now, you move backwards, watching every second going by as it's being painted with the music you're listening to, a product of your mental activity falling away, slowly, into the past.

Let me know if it clicks and if what I'm saying makes sense, it's a really difficult experience to put into words.

>Neil Degrasse Tyson

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us.

Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not."

Cool Post

pop physics and retarded philosophy is not astounding user

Die Zeit ist überhaupt kein Seiendes. Sie ist nicht sondern zeitigt sich.

*are not

Pop physics is only well known because it's accessible, and easy to understand. Which is why it's good for anyone looking for start learning something new.

"Time is not a being, but temporalizes itself."

It's a concept that we project onto things.

>t. STEM NIGGERS can’t understand humor or artfulness

>*are not

my bad
>>>/facebook/

>posted at 17:26

retard

>implying
What a fucking retarded. You just made an achievement! Fill my existential void with pure wrath. Shiiit. So you didn't see the "ET" or you don't KNOW a shit. Fucking shit. Fucking brainlet.

Hope this cancerous retardation post is bait. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighghghghght.

It builds up on a 2d surface on the edge of the event horizon.

Time, an abstraction to highest degree, is the tool humans use to explain the order of movements objects have taken. The human brain can only perceive the universe from 1 perspective (the mind itself), so it is futile to discover how the universe truly operates (if the universe is real at all)

I think I saw Neil degrasse Tyson use this same example.

Is there a difference between position and the measure of position ? Why shouldn't it also be the case of time ?

Sounds good to me. I've always thought of time as a 4th dimension

nah time isn't a discrete manifold like a dot, line, or plane. thats why spacetime involves cones and hyperbolas.

All I know is that time is somehow related to the connection between physical existence and qualia since both evolve within it.

that's a pessimistic way of looking at it. We'll never know anything but our perspective has radically changed dozens of times in the past. If enough smart autists keep smashing their heads into the boundaries eventually one of us will escape our mental prison and find a new way of looking at things.

weird, you're still around

kys

Without movement, there's no "time".

>What is time?
Time is an illusion which only happens within the confines of the human brain. Classical physics would have us believe otherwise, but I think that is just a way to have everyone believe a set of standards.

ITT: people who don't know what time is. you guys should try light next

A linguistic construct.

You might not like but that's as close to the truth as we're going to get.

there's some evidence that the brian's conceptual represntation of time is related to the metaphors we use to talk about time

That's true about everything. Not just time.

in some sense sure, but what i meant more was that you have can have a lot of knowledge about the world without having any linguistic abilities (like proto humans who could survive fine without having developed language), but do you have any knowledge or use for the abstract concept of time in such a scenario?d

I read that as 'sternfags' and now I wonder what their opinion might be...

you bean stirnfag?

i like these discussions

>French
Opinion Descarted

Time exists outside of human perception, so it can't be.

A semantic primitive

The Maori actually view and speak of the past as forward, ahead of us, and the future as behind us.

How the hell could you possible derive the idea that anything what so ever exists outside human perception? You have never experienced anything else in your life but human perception and neither has any other human.

There is nothing special about human perception beyond that of other animals; and there is nothing special of perception in itslelf beyond any other physical phenomenon

I said nothing about what types of perception are "special".

Based

How high can you count?

The existence of something is not predicated on a human knowing about it.

You're conflating 'experience' and 'existence'. No one said anything about experience.

>Time is the measure of change

enlighten us, for real

am i retarded?

Time is rythme, the backbone of all music.

Distance is a measure of change

Clever girl.

You're all fools.

Time is the constant of perception divided by the acceleration of events.

Time is your daughter turning 1 year old, and then turning 2 while experiencing half of the initial perception.

Time is mitosis, because my toes don't have sex. Except when she's 17 and she brings a boyfriend home who's actually alright, but you can't help but wonder where the last 17 years went with your little girl; now she's off sucking some random toe's cock until it's dry.

>nice trips
Based on your pic I'm guessing the correct answer is "Time is the 'being towards death.'"

“Time” has many meanings; it is a single word mapped to a number of discrete, but similar, concepts. Which do you refer to, here?

>ET

In that case you might as well call it the product of inverse acceleration and jerk.

You can't discuss something you know nothing about. You wouldn't even be able to articulate in any sort of language. This is true even for hypothetical things.

time is what clocks measure