Next step

Just finished this, what do you recommand me in the sci-fi genre?

Already read Dune and Foundation series.

Other urls found in this thread:

mises.org/library/we
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now read the electric ant.

Is this any good? I tried Neuromancer and it was just to juvenile, can't seem to find any good scifi

Ringworld

Try working your way through Heinlein’s major works. They’re all unique in theme, but share the author’s attention to technical detail, dry humor, and pushing the envelope on norms. If you like Starship Troopers, I’d follow up with The Forever War (forgot the author) and then Old Man’s War. Both are in the same vein

Time to start in on a REAL sci-fi masterpiece. Think "Willy Wonka" meets "The Matrix".

Oops forgot pic

Mr. Anderson and the Human Factory?

Stanislaw Lew (author of Solaris)
Iain M. Banks (author of the culture series)

>what do you recommand me in the sci-fi genre
We by Yevgeny Zamyatin

mises.org/library/we

this. it's not Dune, but it has its moments. best court scene near the end EVER.

Bear through Neuromancer. It's not too long, it's rare to hate Gibson.

>genre fiction

Yo, this book is boring.

I don't want to make a new thread to ask this; what is the best story from the characters of Hyperion?

This was a big influence on PKD. Reading it you will pick up on many of the themes later expressed by PKD in a more embryonic form.

robert "lets have a big orgy" heinlen

Anything by R. A. Lafferty is GOAT

Try the "Dread Empire's Fall" Trilogy by Walter Jon Williams. I rate it to be the best military science fiction I know, eye to eye with Starship Troopers and Armor.

I'd give the Miles Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster-Bujold a try. Really well-written and action packed stuff with hilarious and memorable characters. The series starts with "Shards of Honor".

>Iain M. Banks (author of the culture series)
Good advice. Banks is great. The Culture series starts with Consider Phlebas, I'd recommend starting with "Inversions" though, it provides you with a look at the Culture from the other side that cant be recaptured once you have another book from the series.

thank god we have you to tell us what's good and what's bad, user.

oh, please. Van Vogt wrote like he had syphilitic paresis. it was obvious that english was his second language, and logical thought was his third preference.

What the deal with this fucking cover? The title of the book is smaller than names of the movies inspired by it.

that's the point you dip

people don't want "do androids dream of dick" they want BLADE RUNNER

>logical thought was his third preference.
non-aristotelean logic lad, general semantics. look it up.

What a shitty cover. Anyway I suggest you the Hyperion saga and the works of Arthur C. Clarke and Stanislaw Lem