>again
>tfw nothing else seems worth reading
>tfw about to start rereading Quixote
>again

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2003/dec/13/classics.miguelcervantes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was quite good wasn't it.

My favorite part was when all the characters came together at the inn.

I'm not very far in yet but good damn this book is COMFY.

comfiest novel ever written, which is not surprising, considering it remains the best novel ever written

Which translation should i get

Any of the following is fine:
Edith Grossman (If this is your first time reading it then I'd recommend starting with Grossman)
John Rutherford
Charles Jarvis

Ormsby and Grossman
Ormsby if you only get one
it's public domain

yea, Rutherford is alright too, but it might just be my extreme bias for loving penguin classics that i'm saying that

I got this edition, Spanish as is my native language.
Have you guys thought of learning the language to get the closest experience with the work?

OP here, and yes i have
I began learning Spanish in high school age 14 and I've been casually educating myself in it ever since
I'm very familiar with the mechanics of the language but I'm intimidated with being bogged down by looking up a whole lot of specific words, nouns especially
In short, not quite sure i'm ready for a read-study yet, but I'm gonna do it before dying for sure

No book has made me laugh and cry near as much as this book. Finishing it broke my heart. I've read the Motteux and Grossman translations, wanting to try more.

Has anyone read the Raffel translation? I've heard a lot of good things.

Honestly, yeah. Between Cervantes, Bolaño, Cortázar, and others, I really ought to just try and learn the language already. Had a difficult time trying back in high school desu

Defo
I've been surrounded by spanish my whole life
I'm sure i could get it with time
Spanish poetry and prose is so sexy

Harold Bloom always gushed over Don Quixote

>Harold Bloom on Don Quixote, the first modern novel
theguardian.com/books/2003/dec/13/classics.miguelcervantes

Motteux

WHY THE FUCK HASN'T ANYONE WRITTEN SOMETHING BETTER THAN DON QUIXOTE YET GOD DAMN IT I'M SO ANGRY

Putnam

I know this feeling. I read it a year ago and fell in love, laughed and cried (that motherfucking ending). I will likely re-read it again in the next two years it's that good. For such a long novel the pages just flew by. Genuinely one of my favourite things I've ever read, shortly followed by Les Miserables (another book to make a huge emotional impact on me).

>he read the Grossman translation
disdain_for_plebs.png

Its bloom approved

that book was hella boring, repetitive shit.

Jarvis, duh

I bet you hate Moby Dick as well!

>Have you guys thought of learning the language to get the closest experience with the work?

Why, I've read what Quevedo said of Don Quixote and it seems I'm not missing Joycean planes of stylistic mastery by reading it in translation.

Spaniard here asking any other spanish speaker: is the old Aguilar edition right?