ITT post wordsworth covers

ITT post wordsworth covers

Other urls found in this thread:

wordsworth-editions.com/collections/classics/dracula
wordsworth-editions.com/collections/mystery-&-supernatural
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

literally the worst covers ever
do they hold contests to see who can come up with the worst cover?

dubs

Are these real? I don't know what's real anymore (in general, not just covers).

I've seen them in book stores, they're real

woahhh

these are awful

These kind of covers make me feel that they're trying re-brand classic literature as trashy TV dramas aimed at women who think they're hot shit for reading

I kind of want to prank my friend by replacing every single tasteful penguin edition in his library, with their carefully selected painting for a cover, and replace them with their Wordsworth analog.

Do you think I could get monetized on youtube if I did it?

>o shit here i go murdering again

Lol the dude is supposed to be super ugly like the average r9k user

You fags ready to fuck up Troy?

All their Dostoyevsky covers are like this, it's disgusting

I refuse to believe that is real.

Cons: Hard to build. Hard to visit to worship your gods.
Pros: Invaders say “fuck it”. Apostates only require a single kick.

The version of ulysses I read, it was a complete shambles.

Holy shit this one looks lifted directly from deviant art

Are they aiming for their covers to be so bad they become hilarious?

But they're ridiculously bad. They're crude caricatures of the books' themes. I honestly thought they were made by bored fourchanners.

>monetised
No, but I promise to cherish the memory of your deed for as long as I live, which is basically the next best thing.

this is definitely fake

What was wrong with it?

Absolutely no notes, made a time consuming task of finding my own supplementary information.

I didn't believe it was real until I saw them in a book store in Australia. It was so mind blowing I stood there for a good minute wondering what the hell was wrong with these people.

Beter open that boipussy user

www.amazon.com/Iliad-Wordsworth-Classics-Homer/dp/1853262420

Thankfully, they've updated their Dostoyevsky covers. I mean, it's some lazy abstract art but at least it's not "5 minutes in photoshop" bad.

I legitimately don't understand why they're THAT bad. It's so easy to grab some public domain art and slap it on. That's what they do with their World Literature imprint, those are quite tasteful.

Yeah the imprint versions of Picture of An Artists, and Dante's Comedy have decent covers.
The regular wordsworths I have though are garbage. Though they usually have good translations.

They must have some self-awareness in how bad their own covers are, I think it must be an in-joke at the publishing house to find the most absurdly shit covers possible for otherwise decent translations.

But that cover only depicts a single city. Now I'm confused, and I will continue browsing until I find cover art that really lays it all out for me.

He looks more jewish then Russian.

he's a big cat

Here's the real one.

I'm perversely proud of owning this edition.

this looks so fucking bad holy shit
I bet they're aiming for the "so bad it's good" angle so in a few decades these editions will cost hundreds of dollars

No fucking way. This is fake.

I've got some bad news for you

wordsworth-editions.com/collections/classics/dracula

How is this possible? I refuse to believe someone took a look at that photoshop and said "perfect!" Is Wordsworth trolling us?

It'd be infinitely better if it was just plain black.

It's your fault for buying it then and needing notes in the first place.

You could say that about every Wordsworth cover.

lel

How are these physically? I mean, is the paper decent, etc.

The paper is adequate, the carboard on the cover feels a bit too plastic espeically on the images and the spine is too stiff to hold open without cracking it
4/10

is dead souls the most misleading book ever written?0

Considering the price, the quality is actually quite good. No worse than Penguin editions which cost 3 to 4 times as much.

They're unannotated editions which just contain the text, right? Is the text at least presented decently, without tons of typos?

If a picture
Is worth a thousand words
How much is a picture
Of Words Worth?

>Not liking Malevich
Who are you?

Its real i have it

For meow

Holy cow, that's a really stupid cover for that book.

They reprinted Dryden's Ovid translations so they can't be all bad.

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door, leather club's too blocks down

It's not exactly the typos...it's the interjections by the editor where the hot female secretary goes out on a date with her boss and to her amazement he rapes her in his expensive car and she has multiple orgasms like a string of Chinese firecrackers going off.

OK, just kidding... put down that knife..

But...wait...so the illustrator has no idea of what Dead Souls is about? And the publisher didn't tell him?

faaahk.

I once got a friend who is a Vancouver movie industry teamster to read Conrad's Nigger of the Narcissus. He eagerly went to it. A month later I asked him about it and he's actually read it through! He groaned with real pain at the memory. He detested the entire experience. It was like he got all his teeth pulled.

He thought it was going to be some coarse racist diatribe against hateful shitskins. Even the Penguin cover of the sailors in a storm didn't clue him in to what he was letting himself in for.

this one ain't bad compared to the other ones

Found this at my local book store. This is what Trump is doing to us.

It looks like a fucking goosebumps book

>Wow, yeah that model will work perfectly. Let me just badly shop another guy's face onto him real quick.

for once, the bizarrely uncanny nature of the illustration, for once, finally matches the subject matter of the narrative
who would have guessed that even Woodsworth has it's moments?

Still looks dumb

Why isn't there a publisher that does that to begin with? Just a black cardboard/fabric cover with title and author for the same price as the woodsworth stuff.. The only books I have that came this way are "dark sun" and "making of the atomic bomb" by Rhodes and that looks by far the best.

If the designer of three wolf moon made a book cover

So, basically Reclam but for English

Fuck you.

is that dude's head photoshopped onto somebody else's body

I can't stop staring at his chin where it looks most apparent

wow that guillotine is huge

> A Tale of Two Cities
> CHA DICKENS

> literally looks like Dark Souls fan art from someone learning the basics of Photoshop

Well they wouldn't get far with a picture of a smiling Mohammed on a fucking pyramid now would they

Think before you post next time

The more I look at the picture in the background the funnier this gets

I prefer this Castlevania looking motherfucker.

Looks like he's from a video game.

Hmm

Their horror series are nice though.

I bought this version tbqh, it was only £2 new

You could have got an epub for free.

Those are actually nice. Are those lovecraft collections or just single stories?

penguin released a series like this

That's a collection of his stories in 4 volumes. Almost all (if not all) of his works.

wordsworth-editions.com/collections/mystery-&-supernatural

Neat, that's how it's supposed to be done. Nobody buys books like this for the cover art anyways.

what the fuck lmao

was there even a woman in that book?