I don't think I've ever read a book by an Australian author, do they exist?

I don't think I've ever read a book by an Australian author, do they exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_novelists
youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_novelists

youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

Angry Penguins?

No this country is just a place where Chink millionaires dump their money offshore in property. Its basically just a front for various profiteering fucks. People here aren't American dumb but damn are they trying

Voss is supposed to be the great australian novel, and I really tried to get into it, but it was dry as fuck :^) and had a lot of fluff about a girl at home.

Australians read books from overseas until they hit 40 then they buy something by Tim Winton.

pic related, though it's hardly exhaustive. missing elizabeth jolley, for instance.
top kek. too fuckin true.

shit

I'll always play this when I see it.
Ty you sick cunt.

Wasn't Deltora Quest Australian? That was my favorite shit as a kid.

In school we had to watch this movie about aborigines who didn't want to go to school and preferred to live next to their camp fires instead

The movie also revealed to me that Australians have a thing called a "dingo fence", an absurdly long fence stretching across all of Australia used to keep dingos out
funniest fucking thing I have ever heard

darn i really like this

you're talking about rabbit proof fence. the dingo fence was somewhere else and unrelated to the abos. also they werent at school they were at a forced aboriginal settlement.

Dingo fence might have been a thing outside of the movie, I admit
You can't very well ask them to go to school naked and walk there for 50 miles every morning like a tramp now can you?

>The Man Who Loved Children

>I don't think I've ever read a book by an Australian author, do they exist?
Serious answer: I non-ironically read Marshall's "I Can Jump Puddles" in childhood.

(I'm from a former communist country.)

The defining philosopher of our post-theist internet utilitarian age.

Hide your sheep.

yall finna get colonised once american hegemony truly crumbles

why are you posting when you could be making more money to wire to affricans?

i'm solving captchas so google can map the entirety of human civilisation so that we can finally measure utility!

Gregory David Roberts writes some of the best modern prose, though he won't ever top Shantaram

Contemporary*

This is the only australian book that I read and it is fun, but the movie is better

Isn't the guy who wrote Fly Away Peter supposed tho be good. Also coatzee lives there but Veeky Forums doesn't like him and the only thing I've read by him was his introduction to Brighton Rock so I can't comment

Bought the True History of the Kelly Gang though haven't read it yet, is it any good?

I was meant to study it in high school but never did. Didn't appeal to me back then but I still have the book lying around. I want to read it too, but I wouldn't be able to tell you user.

give me a quick rundown on coetze

>schindler's ark

bitchin'