Veeky Forums Jobs

What's your job, Veeky Forums? Would you recommend it?

Engineer. No.

Fry Cook. Yes.

Weed farm security
Bruh

Bruh

Sales. Yes.

Gaphic design. no.

Unemployed. No.

Pharmacist.
There's better out there

Crematory operator. Complements the literary lifestyle quite well but I'd still rather not work. It's difficult to get into.

programmer
no. every day while i sit at my openair desk programming that which i hate wishing i was an english teacher

Filmmaker. And no, because I do not have rich or influential contacts.

Page hand at a library, min wage 15hr a week. Eh pay, but it's basically an excuse to go on thr bus for 40 minutes a day. Sweet, sweet silence by social norms.

Union machine repair mechanic

37$ an hour

But the overtime is relentless .. lots of 7 day weeks .. lots of 10 hour days

If you are single and don't need the money I wouldn't recommend it .. but I have a wife and 2 kids.

I am a homeless person. Would not recommend.

software engineer. it dulls the senses. I have quite literally nothing useful to do all day. I don't know what I am being paid for. I even got a raise last week. That houllebecq novel describes my sentiment well enough. do not recommend. tfw fell for the stem meme

Do you have a lot of down time or constant easy work to do?

IT manager and no, it fucking suck
Honestly while i make per month definately more than most of people of my age, the work is fucking killing me. Too much stress, too much responsibility, everybody expecting you to do some kind of magic and fixing stuff in seconds, and even blaming you for things that you can't control
I'm just waiting to get a operation to fix my eyes and join the army as i always wanted

That's not a job faggot go take a shower and quit shaking your cup at me when I walk by you.

I deliver packages in the vicinity. I like it, I can listen to audio books while driving, and banter with the people I'm delivering to(mostly when delivering to working class people).

>copy editor

I hate this job, even though it's easy as shit. Some reporters literally just send me an entire document of run-on sentences for stories and expect me to coalesce everything for them. There's a guy who doesn't know what a verb is.

I'm enlisting into the Air Force soon. Hopefully, it'll be more Veeky Forums than this.

I am a cook in my own little restaurant/bar

if you like social interactions, this is an excellent job.

Journalist. Yes, if you're inclined to. The money isn't too great, but I love the work.

Supermarket shelf stocker (night crew)
Pay is low but surprisingly good benefits. Coworkers are a mix of alright guys, criminals and retards/mental patients.

at the moment i'm tasked with data analysis. but I don't have any data to work with. so my boss told me to create toy data and work with that. which means I create programs to analyze data I created myself. I show my boss the results and he likes it. then I tell him that it's meaningless without real data. he says I should do the same when I get the actual data. When I ask him about it he goes on and on about what I should do with the data once he gets it. This has been going on for three months now.

Freelance? How do you "get in"? School?

Full-time neet
Kek

Diplomat. Yes.

>all these stemfags being miserable
>b-but muh six digits wage!
>mfw
lol, if you are not a soulless Chad keep away from stem

bartentder
sometimes I have my book out when it's slow

Full time. And yes, I have a degree in journalism.

I work nightshifts for the post where I empty and load trucks with heavy packages manually, lifting roughly 9 tons per day.

It beats being homeless, though I would recommend both. Some of you office fucks have it way too easy.

College english professor. Yes, if you can find a small sleepy school awy from larger centres where students want to be enlightened.

Any advice for someone freelance with out a degree? Other than get one...

Some kind of public works employee is the most Veeky Forums job, followed by professor.

do you enjoy the work?

can you borrow me a dollar

legal or illegal farm?

Really? Fuck I don't know what to do

Yeah too bad they make you decide when you are 17 and don't know shit about the world and think money is everything

I work on board a heritage fleet museam ship

Teaching English in Japan

Teaching is good if you're extroverted and bad if you're not (I'm not)

Learn how to pitch stories. Find a good topic/person to write about, and interview them before you ever tell the publication about them. That way, when you do pitch your story, it seems like you and only you can write the article, because you're already so knowledgeable. Also, befriend some journalists or writers if you can. You're so much more likely to get your story accepted based off recommendations than cold pitches.

Nobody should be allowed to go to college before 25.

Dude, for real. I wasn't a STEM major, but it's crazy that you have to decide at 17. I didn't know a thing back then.

I think I might count as a chad, the only problem being that lost penis syndrome takes all the fun out of it. I wish I hadn't spent the last years on gaining an msc and pursued something worthwhile. so I make my six figures and spend it on drugs and alcohol and mostly read books in my spare time I don't spend being drunk. at least that amounts to around 2 books a week.

There’s something to this idea.

spend a year in college figuring that out while traveling, reading good books, and taking psychadellics

imo dont go into stem. its soul crushing. and im even well paid and working for a "prestigous" company. maybe stem academia is better idk.

Thank you.

What was your phd in? Did you do a masters first? How do you feel about comp lit departments?

Write and submit. If you write good articles and submit them, people will publisht hem.

>every programmer and engineer makes at least 100,000

>major in STEM
>live vastly below your means
>save 60-70% of your income
>retire at 30
>read books all day

STEM is the most literary road if you can into long-term planning. Personally, I'm leaving my teaching job to go to coding bootcamp. Wish I could go back and just get a bachelors in Compsci tho.

>Fell for STEM meme
>Isn't even reaping it's only benefit
lmao@urlife

Kitchens are filled with societies degenerates though.

What's a good field to get in to these days that isn't saturated to hell?

Lol most stem jobs require you to live in some ridiculous city with a high cost of living. No way I could retire at 30 even though I live frugally.

this

people would make better choices and would be more productive. time before this should be spent working.

This is so damn true.

I work in the corporate hq of a F500 in a HR position, but it's more behind-the-scenes dealing with tax forms and employment law
It sucks. I'm lucky if I have 10 hours of work to fill my 40-hour week, and I mean some down time is nice, but when it's all you have sitting in this cubicle is soul-sucking. Everybody here is so fake-nice and kisses ass to climb the corporate ladder. At least the pay is alright.
I'm going to grad school next year for technical and scientific writing, and am looking for a new job in a new city for the time in between. Hopefully the masters will allow me to build a portfolio and get into the tech writing field, but my fallback is to tech English and if I want I suppose I could go further and get my PhD and teach writing at the college-level. The program I'm shooting for has a 100% placement record landing grads at some pretty nice schools, so we'll see.

elaborate please?

I am a nurse (male).
This job is ok. If are not autistic you would probably like it more than I do, but it is ok.

I'm a private investigator in Gordita Beach

>Kitchens are filled with societies degenerates
I work in a kitchen with degenerates, they still manage to do a damn good job at cooking though

Was thinking about getting my PI license. How's the work?

It's pretty groovy if you stay away from old flames

Same.
The job lacks routine and is therefore stressful af for me. I am trying to get into dentistry now since aand if I fail the entry exam, then psychology-> psychotherapy

How did you get into it?

English teacher in a non-English speaking country.

Wouldn't recommend, only doing it temporarily.

That sounds really fun to me. How did you get into it?

the air force will 100% be more Veeky Forums, pilots are crazy. the culture will generate endless ideas plus the discipline of a military lifestyle will get you writing more

i desperately want to do music and am studying compsci, and i hate it. i don't even live in the US where all the jobs and money are, i'm a britbong. should i just switch to music? been considering it for a while

Media strategist
Yes, I literally spend my day telling companies how to co-op and distort Western values

You really think you're going to make a living with music?

You'll be hanging out with fat girls in the middle of New Mexico for a few years. I'd go Navy.

i don't particularly care.

Navy is full of nighers

That sounds cool. How much money do you make?

I'm a cleaner. It's ok though, because it's only until I start university in March.

Substitute teacher, I get to read a lot while sitting in rooms of high schoolers and doing nothing

I have been wracking my brain for years with how much of a trash person I've been for avoiding a natural higher education but I do think there's something to this. It's like I finally know what I want to do at 23. This is an interesting insight.

I'm in online marketing. It's a comfy office job, but not very Veeky Forums.

I moved near my workplace shortly ago, not because I decided, it was just coincidence I ended up like 10 blocks away from it. Before I had 45 minute ride in and out everyday, and I loved it. In my country buses are not actually silent, but I put some music on and I read all the way. It's been a year and my reading thirst have stopped completely since I don't actually have the time to sit and read.
>I miss the bus so much.

You don't have the time to read? You literally have the same hour and a half per day to read. You just don't want to.

I do want, but it's not the same. Bus time is just perfect. Now I read study stuff I must read, because I am home and I can concentrate in that. Bus time was just read time.
I started reading a novel few months ago, I read like half of it, then had to start study for college exams, lost the track of it and never touched it again. Would never have happened when I was taking the bus everyday, I don't study at the bus.

"Community Manager". I barely work. Yes.
I'd like to be a journalist, but I'm stuck in lazyness.

can you please expand on the HR position?

yeah & the money isn't the worst

Currently unemployed.

pretty Veeky Forums, i dare say

I drift from menial job to menial job while dreaming of someday finding artistic success and solitude

I work at a huge culture-related tourist destination in Europe.
Pays well, way better than average. It gets better depending on the number of visitors. That means a “bonus” every day or so during the summer or winter holidays for example. My hours depend on the season. I work 4 hours during winter, 12 in summer. I clock in at 10am every workday, I can sleep in.
I do all kinds of shit from welcoming and high-prestige guests and keeping them company to checking tickets and printing information booklets. Whatever needs to be done. It usually means coordinating groups and talking to guests to provide a “better experience.”
I can hire students when I don’t feel like working, no one cares as long as shit gets done.

Would recommend for extroverts. Would not recommend for asocial people/those who can’t stand up for themselves/those who need directions to get a job done.

Teaching French in a small liberal art college atm, it's a pretty cool gig. Going for a PhD later, I think I am going to enjoy it. After that I don't know if I'll go back to working in academia of in the public sector in an office job.

I enjoy teaching but teaching + research is really draining intellectually. I'd rather fuck around with synthesis paper like I used to if I am to write novels in my spare time.

Trying to get published and fantasizing about making it is also a great occupation.

Technical writer for a big company. It's safe and pays well, but very boring.

I’m currently in undergraduate straddled between literature (which would inevitably end in pursuing teaching) and programming. Fuck.

High School teacher in a private institute (history, phil and it)
It makes me feel really old, the pay is meh and kids can be really assholes, but most of the time is fun, I have a 20 hours work week and it made me stop being such an introvert
Still, I'm studying journalism and coding. Teaching takes a tool on most of the people and, even if I like it, I don't want to do the same thing for most of my life

Don't listen to that retard. Americans think any teacher is a "professor". They have no clue about anything.

I'm a marketing manager at a theatre. the pay's not amazing but it's alright, and the perks are pretty Veeky Forums - I get loads of free tickets to good plays and don't have to be in the office until 10ish