Forbidden Books

What are some rare and forbidden tombs?

I want books that are dangerous and hard to acquire. Have you ever hiked cross country to Bhutanese village at the base of a mountain after hearing rumors of ancient scrolls kept in an underground temple?

Have you ever broken the hand of a man in a seedy bar on the outskirts of Vegas for refusing to hand over the an unpublished Kafka novel you did dark deeds on his behalf to acquire?

I want lit that makes you WORK for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vjY0synjmvs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forbidden books aren't a thing anymore unless you mean cp magazines and journals.

I don't.

bump

the Bible.
good luck finding one though, they've been outlawed in most places.

yells in american

Have you found your way into the Vatican vault?
Have you found the A-51 visitor logs?
Have you stolen the hard drive from the ISS green room found at the heart of Disneyland?
You are not ready for the forbidden if you answered no to one of these.

Nigga there's one in every hotel room in the country, and that's not by theocratic mandate -people just seem to think they'll need to consult the scriptures at some point on their vacation.

The word is TOME, OP. You mean to use the word TOME, which rhymes with HOME, not TOMB, which rhymes with BOOM.

seriously, I would do... very questionable things to get inside the vatican's library vault, can you imagine all the ancient and midieval writings that have only been read by a handful of people!

terry pratchett ordered that when he died his hard disk containing all his unfinished and unpublished work should be crushed. which it was, by a steamroller
if i was cynical i would think that the guy who had it before it was crushed would be an idiot if he didn't copy it all first, and then release it dripfeed style in a few years

Until recently (~before 2000): works by Konstantin Rodzaevsky. I actually offered several people real money to get me a copies. Now its easy to get his writings.

The early diaries (before '36, before '28, nightmare mode: before '26) of Goebbels. Not dangerous to come by, but very difficult. They are not published. You have to visit the university of Freiburg, have to show academic interest in those, pay a fee between 200€-2590€, then you can spend some time in a room reading the digital version. You may not make copies. I heard that it is indeed possible to make partial copies for large sums. I spent some good money to acquire a printing of the early books by someone who is not de Gruyter. Maybe its easier to access those books by now? I'm not follwoing this stuff anymore since I got what I wanted.

There are many such books in the world, but only enthusiasts with niche interests will know of them. Hard to come by, but not forbidden, are 1st editions of niche interest books, especially antique occult books. It's amazing what money can buy. Authentic 1st edition works by Agrippa. I have two first editions by Jacob Böhme. Less rare and not as valuable as others, but still.

I guess there are very few "forbidden" books left, but there are still many that are hard to come by while there are enough people around willing to pay big bucks for them.

>get me a copies
and other such errors: it's late and I have a hard job, give me a break, friends.

You are forgiven for the cool information, friend.

Not the OP but thank you for sharing your experiances user, its reasons like this I still check posts even if they have terrible OPs

he was phoneposting. we're lucky he didn't ask for forbidden Bombs.

i'm sure ALL of the forbidden texts in the Vatican are of the order of, like, the monophysite heresy and some backwater priest in the 18th century who dared question papal infallibility. there are no books on how to summon demons, unless you count the Vatican's procedural manual on How To Conceal Priests Who Have Been Caught Fucking Children: a manager's guide to the Travelling Salesman Problem

> lol maths joke

brief anecdote here. i used to drive a black VW convertible with personalised plates that said GOTHIC, and once i was overtaken by a wood panelled sedan with four very excited young christian men waving bibles and screaming something about the Good Book.

at the time i was keeping notes in a book i'd made myself (pic related). i looked down at it and thought "why isn't there a BAD book? like an inverse bible, but not full of preachy pseudo-sanctimonious self-promotion like La Vey's satanic bible?"

it would be like /d/ psychically raping /x/ and the dark, putrid seed spraying onto pages which we would annotate. really horrific. the stuff they had to leave out of "Event Horizon"... the sort of thing that even Modeseven would refuse to illustrate. the sort of thing that would make the judge vomit. perhaps something like the demons described in Michael Shea's "Nifft the Lean", when those guys went to the tertiary subworld to get that kid back. i don't mean CP or rekt thread screendumps or any of that boring, mainstream shit. how dark can you get?

the problem with actually making something like this is that everyone has different ideas of how far it should go, and if we tried to make it, it would end up an edgelord one-upmanship festival full of "that's not dark.. THIS is.."

>at the time i was keeping notes in a book i'd made myself (pic related).

crap, wrong picture. THIS old book.

>Bible, but like worse
Something darker than torture god testing believers with hell and suffering only to reward them with the honor of worshiping him for all time?

The Satanic Verses if you live in a Muslim country?

yes. see what i mean about escalation? you could spend a thousand pages describing demons raping people and slowly transforming them into even worse demons, in hallucinogenic detail, detailing every last twitch and steaming fluid trail, and someone would say 'pffft, that's not dark.' i am starting to think there might be a limit to the lower levels of depravity. i think there is a limit to the upper level of doe-eyed innocence when it comes to the victims.

i started reading those, and they seemed kind of boring. i don't know what they got so steamed up about. it didn't seem as bad as what William Burroughs said about Mohammed in Naked Lunch:

"Mohammed? Are you kidding? He was dreamed up by the Mecca Chamber of Commerce. An Egyptian ad man on the skids from the sauce write the continuity. " 'I'll have one more, Gus. Then, by Allah, I will go home and receive a Surah.... Wait'll the morning edition hits the souks. I am blasting Amalgamated Images wide open.'

"The bartender looks up from his racing form. 'Yeah. And theirs will be a painful doom.'

" 'Oh... uh... quite. Now, Gus, I'll write you a check.'

"'You are only being the most notorious paper hanger in Greater Mecca. I am not a wall, Mr. Mohammed.'

" 'Well, Gus, I got like two types publicity, favorable and otherwise. You want some otherwise already? I am subject to receive a Surah concerning bartenders who extendeth not credit to those in a needy way.'

" 'And theirs will be a painful doom. Sold Arabia.' He vaults over the bar. 'I'm not taking any more, Ahmed. Pick up thy Surahs and walk. In fact, I'll help you. And stay out.'

"'I'll fix your wagon good, you unbelieving cock-sucker. I'll close you up tight and dry as a junky's ass- hole. I'll by Allah dry up the Peninsula.'

i think they didn't declare a fatwa on HIM because he was a gun enthusiast.

There is unpublished Kafka still but it’s in the private collection of some women

There's a little book called SIEGE by James Mason. High grade thoughtcrime material. Everyone should read it imo.

He probably lives in Syria or Saudi Arabia or something.

Gay thread but I'll share some of my meagre collection. None of this shit is worth more than $100 but thats the thing interesting and rare items =/= valuable
>World war one German propaganda (in English) The Vampire of the Continent
>A judo handbook written by Putin
>A pro-White Australia book from the 20s
>First edition Evelyn Waugh Officers and Gentlemen with dust jacket
Again not worth shit in dollar terms but if you're interested in cool one off type things its worth dumpster diving for shit

Go to Germany. Find a copy of Mein Kampf.

>yeah I'm en ess
>you could say im a revolooshunary

There's a little book called SIEGE by James Mason. High grade thoughtcrime material. Everyone should read it imo.

Banned books
Rare books
stuff in museums
diaries
old ppl's ephemera
records destroyed by libraries, and other places cause they can only use so much

books out of print

>We are the cause, they are the effect.

If the revolution comes, it will be under the banner of Hitler, Kaczynski and Charles Manson. Even the most radical of leftists are de facto neoliberal stooges, who don't want to smash the system but aid it in its task: the total degradation of man as a species into a mass of consumers devoid of all identity. I believe strife is life and life is strife. There's no point to life in a world without struggle, without history or beauty, a world of complete equality and uniformity. It's about time someone hit the restart button.

yeah thats great but you're an american 17 year old living in the most comprehensive police state in world history. the minute you go off your meds a state trooper groid is going to crash tackle you off your computer chair

This is hands down the cringiest edgelord post I've seen on Veeky Forums. Hooooly fuck.

We got:

>Narcissist drives a hot rod
>Goth
>Normies hate what they don't understand!
>A classic case of thing that didn't happen
>Anti-bible nonconformity
>Personal edge journal (bonus points for making it Hot Topic/ Michael's Crafts tier)
>Lovecraft hardon
>Wanting so badly to justify their ostraciziation that they put themselves on the pedestal of being necessarily the opposite of conformist good
>Hypocritical pseud
>"I'm a genius published acclaimed authors are shit tier"
> using Veeky Forums boards and rape to construct semantic concepts
>Dark, putrid seed
>Gonna be darker than the mainstream, CP and gore ain't shit compared to me!

If this is a troll, 10/10 my boy, I'm capping. Hoooly shit.

And I thought Veeky Forums could sink no lower.

glad it wasn't just me

I relate to that image.

I once stole a rare and old copy of the Silmarilion :/
Does that count

I don't get the retardation of "Oh yeah we need to preserve our super secret no longer in print rare books".

My diary desu.

I can't find some of Alhazen's work ;_;