So I've been learning Spanish for a year to read this book in its original language and I just discovered that it's...

So I've been learning Spanish for a year to read this book in its original language and I just discovered that it's written in Portuguese?

WTF? What sort of shit tier language is Spanish? And it's supposed to be some sort of consolation that I can read a book about some fat fuck autistic knight and his donkey?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMukOhD_tXU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kek I bet Portugese is great for poetry
And any translation reccs for Pessoa? It seems really important

Not sure if bait. Don Quixote is the GOAT.
You can read Borges, Bolaño, Cortázar and all the Boom writers in the original.
There's also pretty good poetry.

just buy el libro del desasosiego

this book is literally me

underrated

Who do you rec for Poetry?

translations from Richard Zenith are the best for this book and for the poetry also. he is portuguese as well and won one of the most prestigious prizes in portuguese culture the Pessoa Prize

youtube.com/watch?v=UMukOhD_tXU

García Lorca, Bécquer, Octavio Paz, Pizarnik, Unamuno, Neruda, Machado (Antonio), Gabriela Mistral, Vallejo, Sor Juana.

I don't really like poetry but those are the names I remember from when I attended College.

sneed

Not the OP you referenced but Borges is a better poet than prose writer.

Jaime Sabines, Quevedo, Selected Octavio Paz, Sor Juana, Lope de Vega, Neruda. Listen to songs by Joaquin Sabina, the greatest singer/songwriter of the XX Century. Hear Mercedes Sosa too.

#thread

Thank you!

You are welcome

>can't see that there's a fucking difference between Spanish and Portuguese
actual retard

I would add Góngora, a very selected list of poems from Huidobro,and calderón de la Barca. I personally love "libro del buen amor" by Juan Ruiz, but it is too religious for most people

>So I've been learning Spanish for a year to read this book in its original language and I just discovered that it's written in Portuguese?

kek, you are retarded desu

Any recc’s besides Pessoa on portuguese poetry?

learn french instead desou, far more rewarding in this regard

>writing out desu instead of the filter turning t b h into desu
peak patrician

Luís Vaz de Camões, Herberto Helder and Eugénio Andrade are some of the best. Specially Camões he is the nation's poet.

dont post cute girls pls they make me nervous!

writing tbdesu is far more amusing
>To be desu, you need to have a very high IQ to understand Veeky Forums word filter