youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js
youtu.be/MX2tU-E7uD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw literally listening to jazz rn

Suck it commie Jew

Even this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs9EsiZoptM

Start listening to jazz

That's a really shitty reading of his ouvre. You have to realize what jazz was like at the time of writing the Culture Industry. Now, obviously his criticism somewhat applies to all modern music, but more appropriate would be "stop listening to female popstars".

Not doing that either

Love it. He's basically a left-reactionary

t. pleb

He disliked rhythm. Physics with its periodic waveforms must have discomfited him.

What do you think Adorno would think of the contemporary progressive leftists, like the Evergreen students?

stupid fucking posts

He hated the student chimpouts in ‘68, so he likely wouldn’t approve of their contemporary equivalents

If anything jazz became more insidious as it evolved.

They'd probably give him a heart attack.

Yep.

He would hate them. Where would he even fit in today political spectrum? He's obviously not a right winger but the left has become pretty much his worst nightmare.

He'd probably be some Nazbolfag

I'm listening this right now and I find it amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=zFA0FYQo0Gg

I haven't read the work of the guy on the picture. Why should I stop listening to jazz?

Was adorno a soyboy?

i think he'd spit acid on all of them

What if you don’t listen to any music at all? Have you transcended?

Great album

Jazz is degenerate you fool

>listen to Thelonious Monk when I was younger
>now can't really stand to listen to any of his music

I might actually be too autistic for jazz. The chaos is disturbing and it mostly comes off as pretentious.

Reminds me of that video with some tranny trying to play piano along with aboriginals chanting and beating sticks, with him/her acting like it's beautiful.

No

You got filtered m8.

>just let shit be posted on every board

Well, he literally educated some of the worst leftist goons in Germany. Then again, when they started chimping out in his classroom he called the cops on them and had them evicted.

Stop listening to jazz after 1960.

Stop listening to Pop music.

Suck it Goebbels
Jazz is the first American artform

might as well tell me to stop doing drugs and eating cake
1960s british people are more hep than you cat
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfWJDVvTueo

start listening techno
youtube.com/watch?v=G5zlRKfs9BU

why not both?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzLT6_TQmq8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9tH-UOG3iA

That should be reason enough to avoid it.

>>Jazz in the post-JSBach era

Larkin loved Jazz, dork

the frankfurt school was just a bunch of hacks with daddy issues

Are /pol/'s misreadings of Adorno as some hyper SJW sufficient evidence of their actual mental retardation?

t. Europoor

Perhaps, but doesn't make them any less based. I suppose if these were legitimate critiques, we should de-canonize Kafka to be consistent.

Yes

fuck you scruton pop's really nice to hear on a happy day

>/pol/
>reading

Even wikipedia is too much for the majority of them

Not a problem.
Except for hardcore with jazz influence. That's staying.

>Not listening to shit like John Coltrane, Miles Davis, and similar artists

Murda yrslf

Here for your notes.
youtu.be/RTJf9WS7fi8
Or try Painkiller.
Or hear why you're tasteless for not liking the sound of toddlers with pots, pans, and a dying cat:
youtu.be/58nPEe-TU-w

Jazz is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=hpZTtaWqxsQ

Eh, some of it's alright. Jazz just seems pretty pointless to me. Too much meandering, I can only imagine people shuffling across a floor repeatedly and gaining attention for their dress rather than their moves.
It's literally the operahouse foyer of music.

youtube.com/watch?v=7d6_LUDa_Zw
Recently got this LP.

Maybe you're just making the mistake of listening to music without smoking weed.

No. Adorno hated the Marxist students who wanted to take over the universities. And there's no connection to SJWs, the main quote used by neocons and the Right is actually taking a discussion of free speech out of context.
I think they were wrong, but not for the reasons you see in memes. The memes are just nonsense fallacies, and much closer to SJW thinking than the Frankfurt School.

Weed isn't really my thing.
And I think music should be good before the drugs, which only then enhance it.

RIP Stinson.

I don't know about Adorno but it's easy to see where the neocons are coming from with Marcuse (see Critique of Pure Tolerance)

>implying anything he ever wrote is better than this
youtu.be/JMiLAxMnoqE

Adorno just hated Germans (and probably himself) and wanted to exterminate them all, typical Jewish bourgeoisie neurosis, everything else is just an afterthought for him, really.

Jesus Christ why is this song so good, I don't think I've ever read a bad version.

why am I not surprised that people can't read on here

I haven't started

>10557004

slippery slope breast exposure fallacy phallacy

I think most of them don't even know who he is.

especially that

stop writing poetry because of the six gorillion

Jazz BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=U6B5rDzSSFY

>/pol/
>reading

I'm a fan of Adorno but that part of his philosophy is just downright stupid desu. If i recall well he makes some point about how jazz can be hummed and classical can't(??) hence classical always has to be superior

The whole cultural marxism thing is based around Marcuse mostly, not Adorno. The fact that you continue to strawman this argument is proof that you have no real counter argument to it

This, although a lot of them probably have an edition of Mein Kampf and the collected works of Nietzsche and Evola in their basement just to be e d g y

Veeky Forums is merely the intellectual arm of /pol/. Stop pretending that Veeky Forums isn't right wing.

>right wing
>intellectual
What did he mean by this?

Honestly 14yos who believe in far right conspiracies probably don't spend a lot of their time reading except for texts by other 14yos on some holocaust denial site. And Veeky Forums + /mu/ is a super common crossover so seeing as /mu/ is mostly left you are wrong.

>Adorno had nothing to do with destroying our society

>saying this as if underage communist who have never read anything about it are any better

Thank you Adorno!
youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js

So, Marcuse, in some way, with no evidence, becomes the whole of the Frankfurt School, becoming Cultural Marxism, and thus the downfall of the West.
Plus some random picture on the internet of a poorly dressed Leftist.
And I'm straw manning...
But nonetheless, I'll counterargue. The Right is shit and art, wholly bought into the Neoliberal dream, and even at the fringes bought into the obvious traps of WN and rehashing Leftist trash. Where are your Right-Wing offers, if Cultural Marxism is so bad then it should be easy to dismiss their arguments. But, oh, wait, you were instead not only influenced directly by the FS but also Gramsci, and you take racial identity as your point of departure.
Fucking brilliant. Ban everything, bros. We''' just have white/non-white as the basis for economy, politics, and theology. And if you disagree get the gibbet. And if you sell alcohol get the gibbet. And don't work out for closet homo aesthetics get the gibbet. But you know, somehow with all this ultra-genetic Darwinist King thinking homophobia is a Joo conspiracy.
Great movement you got there when your head publisher believes such utter nonsense.

At least communists aren't mostly made up of basement dwelling betas under 16

>shit at art
>Darwinist-King-thought

But Adorno lost all respect for students when they acted similarly to this.

>ideology and aesthetics are linked
i wonder does that imply for laurel and hardy in pic related then

>Veeky Forums is merely the intellectual arm of /pol/.

Veeky Forums is a proxy battleground for the war between jews and /pol/

>aggressive swearing
>WOAH UHM SO FUNNYZ N SHEEIT
Mutt humour.

>hates Jews
>takes up the post-ironic Jewish stylings

Just an American who understands the depravity of his own society.

The only redeemable American music was that of Charles Ives.

>during europoor weekday hours thread is mostly people posting jazz rarely bumping
>weekend: ameri/pol/ shows up to blather about murricanshit FRONNTPAAGE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA2ygiOKNAc

You're a faggot and your shit's retarded.

good post

I think you missed the point, although maybe he didn't explain it well (don't know his actual argument). The thing is that with music like baroque and jazz, or heavy metal solos, there is no real spirit in the music. Anyone with a basic sense of musical knowledge can work out similar things on their own just humming it out, it's just the same shit over and over with slight variations.
Baroque
>deet-da-buhda-da-beet-da-duhda-bah-deet-bah-buhda-ba-buhda-duhda-dahta-dah
Jazz
>deet-da-buhbaloobop-bap-bap-deet-dalalulap-deet-deet-dooooooooooo-bapalapapadap-deet-dooo
It's like Homer Simpson humming patterns, simple feedback runaway. It shows a character of someone who simply cannot stop doing what he is doing, and thus has no sense of real art, the necessity of negative space and an overarching theme drawing together positive and negative space. It is just endless positive space as if it were negative space. Nothing more than mall music with endless adornment.
This shit is infinitely more artistic than jazz or baroque:
youtu.be/MX2tU-E7uD8

>Anyone with a basic sense of musical knowledge can work out similar things on their own just humming it out, it's just the same shit over and over with slight variations.
>because you have to have skill to do it they must have no talent beyond skill
This is like saying "but bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonner-: ronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthur-: nuk! should occur to everyone who can read phonetically"

go away faggot

10/10 bait

>KANTBOT
>cleanly shaven
>nice glasses
>stylish and form fitting black coat
>nice head of jewlocks
>spends his time enlightening normies with his vast knowledge of philsophy

>le dirtbag left faggot
>shitty ugly beard
>horrible shitty clothes his mom probably got him
>stupid trendy shit glasses
>receding thin whispy hairline
>gaping numale mouth
>spends his time collecting scamming shekels out of other directionless left wing loser by just spouting the self hating cuck memes they love at them

>The Frankfurt school was a collection of various MARXIST philosophers
>one of the main theories they came up with was Critical Theory
>Critical Theory revolves around criticizing society and CULTURE
>or as Horkheimer put it "to liberate human beings from the circumstances that enslave them"

If only there was a word to describe these MARXIST who were obsessed with deconstructing CULTURE...

>can't read a basic argument