I don't get it

I don't get it

Shit's whack yo but might as well keep doin it and shit

Yeah but is that it? "it's absurd haha just enjoy it"
I don't feel like I learned anything

Uncannily accurate my man

Nothin matters except human experience so try to have as large a range of experiences as possible.
Like you could kill yourself or you could keep pushing the boulder lmao.

Camus puts forward that when someone is faced with the reality of a meaningless universe he is experiencing what he calls the absurd and you can escape it either via offing yourself or futilely find a meaning (which he calls "leaping" or "philosophical suicide"). But in the end, for him the only important thing is our immediate experience (and not concern ourselves with questions on life's meaning) and to embrace the absurd, hence "we must imagine Sisyphus to be happy."

Basically what said

It is a shit book, what can I say?

Is he suggesting that he enjoys pushing a rock up a mountain?

>Is he suggesting that he enjoys pushing a rock up a mountain?
If your only option is pushing shit up a mountain (or killing yourself) you might as well enjoy it. So again

>or killing yourself
But wasn't he sent to the underworld to push the rock? Isn't he already dead or can you kill yourself past the underworld too?

Sure. Because, hey, what else is he gonna do other than enjoy it?

Its a metaphor you retard.

you didnt have to add the rudeness
pls no rudeposts
reminder that Veeky Forums is part of the [s4s] network and we dont like rudeness

I liked l'etranger but Camus should stick to novels

>DUDE SAND LMAO
I like the book but looking back I see how flimsy the original premise is and how that weakens the whole work. Books written to prove/demonstrate philosophies come out that way 9/10 times. I thought the trial/jail portion was much more interesting than the build up to the shooting.

>I liked the book but shitposts on Veeky Forums made me question my weak judgement
is what you mean

What the fuck does Veeky Forums have to do with this. You can like a book but recognize it's shortcomings.

>Veeky Forums
shit I meant Veeky Forums.

its also through the full exertion he is happy

someone should write a myth of tantalus for all the friendless neets with >tfw no gf

Humans are faced with the absurd in the wake of the "death of god", in which all metaphysical truths have lost their meaning and therefore their capability to build a world in which humans can dwell. Faced with the thus apparent meaninglessnes of the world the first problem is suicide (direct camus quote). To answer for life instead of against it, one has to find ones meaning in ones immediate daily tasks - no matter how insignificant or repetitive.

All metaphysics are just psychological statements anyway. If you 'losing sense of your beliefs' causes you to feel depressed, you were depressed anyway, and the actual existence of the world has no bearing on your happiness. Camus just hangs in a space of depression then pretends to resolve it, so depressed people like it and act like it's deep.

Besides, the Bible did camus thing better and more concisely with Ecclesiastes