Tfw you realize the Brothers Karamozov was supposed to be a 3 part series

Anyone else really sad at the lost potential? Could this be one of the greatest unfinished works in literary history?

>Could this be one of the greatest unfinished works
yeah but so could everything including all the works that were never even begun and remain purely potential

Yep, and it's obviously unfinished. Those were some if my favorite characters ever

This but unironically

ywn see the fall of Alyosha.

it would've been better as a stand-alone novella
XD

It is fine enough as it is.

I mean, The Great Inquisitor alone is enough to make TBK a great book. And the episode between Ivan and the Devil.

Never. The series would end with him becoming a elder

Btw, Dosetuovsky had a son named Aloysha who died from severe epileptic attacks

>tfw no Don Quixote pt. III

Best red faced wojak I've seen yet. The look of desperation and madness at once, along with the damning attempt at suicide even though a nuclear bomb has gone off, wanting the end to come that much sooner, with eyes tearing up in a droop of mock hilarity from the wells of molasses moving indigestion coursing over the indominatable notion of self loathing and helplessness really just makes me happy that someone took the time to draw it so I could experience my own angst exaggerated yet personified superficially

Found it in /Biz during the crypto crash the past few weeks

I had a feeling. Pure unbridled human emotion emptied into a 5 minute edit in a rush of ecstasy. Should be anthologized desu.

I mean Cervantes literally killed of Don Quixote to prevent any future books.
What did you expect?

So he basically did what Shakespeare did with Hamlet.

Every time I go to Veeky Forums I laugh. It's one of the most amusing boards on the site.

On bookdepo right now, Oxford or Penguin?

Id say penguin.

Do your research on the right translations first

I knew he'd resist even after the starets died

This. It's the first reaction image I saved in years.

>You'll never see old man Alyosha mentoring the son of his deceased brother Dmitri who fell back into his old ways after Grushenka died and so soon followed her.
>You'll never see Ivan devolve into a complete religious fool almost akin to Zosima's rival at the monastery.

He was also planning to BTFO Tolstoy before he died