My mortality frightens the shit out of me...

My mortality frightens the shit out of me. Every day I worry waking up to wrinkles and losing my hair -- aging being the sign of my inevitable doom. I can't find fulfillment in the things I do anymore.

What would you recommend I read to further delve into this topic? It can be anything, fictional or non-fictional.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4j5RJfu5X0&t=3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I had this problem also. I was incapable of sleeping sometimes for several days straight, until exhaustion took me.

One of the things that helped me cope with the dread that persisted after the panic went away was reading some texts from The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa. Not that it healed me or anything of the sort but helped me to rest my mind awhile until the next episode.

The fear i had went away by itself on my third year of college when i started having a full-time job and the idea of having a family came to me.

I'm scared that I'll always be scared of dying.

Mortality is the only idea I can take any comfort in. Its immortality that frightens me. If I exist indefinitely then I can be fucked indefinitely as well. In fact it dismays me to have learned that my soul will continue where I had once believed and taken great solace in the notion that death was the end. Only myopic brainlets want to abide eternally.

Whenever this happens to me I crawl into the woods and sprint the trails until I'm so exhausted I become chipper again.

Bump for op

White Noise

Never suffered from existential dread.

>tfw youre a masochistic so watching yourself deteriorate is actually kind of pleasant

Feels good man

read the bible

>hey you know what's better than not existing
>existing to be tormented for all eternity

:( this worries me too

i guess the idea is that youre supposed to view human beings as fallen but with a connection to the divine, so if youre alive to begin with youre not entitled to go to heaven.

not sure if everyone goes to hell for all eternity.

er, i meant, im not sure that everyone who goes to hell is stuck there in totality, or that it is binary whether or not someone goes to heaven or hell. (although its pretty clear that for some people it is)

another scary thing is what if this is also true of heaven, what if if youre not good enough you only get to be there for like 15 minutes

idk

A great majority do if one gives revelation a proper reading. There's even special attention gven to the maority of Christians in the verses regarding the lukewarm church.

Do you guys think premature suicide is ever ethical? What is the measure that a man has finally deserved death?

It's ethical if it feels like it. t. edgelord

I'm so petrified of death that I have a phobia of sleep. The idea of spending hours and hours laying there not conscious terrifies me.

Unfortunately, sleep is a pretty vital part of the human condition, and thus I am constantly facing my fear on an almost nightly basis. As a NEET, I wait until exhaustion and sleep for a few hours. Always I am tired, I cannot end this hellish existence because the only way out is death, which is ultimately my main fear.

Serious answer: Epictetus, he addresses mortality directly. The Oxford Classics version is probably the best, it has his Enchiridion, Discourses, and surviving fragments.

haha i had a good chuckle

Stop seeing yourself as having an original state

Try Dylar.

but death is the final sigh of relief user

>being this stupid
Just stop eating

Buddhism desu.

>I'm petrified of losing my terrible NEET life
lol you aren't even living, what are you worried about?

He's right you know
Death meditation will do you wonders

It's a mental rehearsal of your death
Imagine you just died in your sleep

Will you see darkness or will you be in a state of bardo?
If its eternal darkness, then welcome, you are essentially meditating. Otherwise... you can still proceed to observe/rehearse what would transpire?

Who would be the first to see you?
How would they react?
What if no one found you?
What bodily processes will begin to decay?
What will be the funeral procedures?
How many days will it take for the funeral process to go on?
How many people will be at the funeral?
Will you be lowered in to a grave or cremated into ash?
Where will the ash be scattered too? In how many directions will your bodily avatar be scattered to?

If buried How many days until your skin begins to rot?

When will the maggots and critters come and feast on your body?

I thought this was a insane practice but doing so really help me put life into perspective. How much time and energy we really waste on inane self-inflicted emotional and psychological wounds.

Anyway, I'm not a tibetan or zen buddhist but I can appreciate the teaching of other schools: youtube.com/watch?v=V4j5RJfu5X0&t=3s

Do this every day and you will not fear death and strive to live as full and happy as you can