Veeky Forums games

A testament to the human spirit in a fatalist world of ruin

Pathologic
An examination of the value of human life, and of how mankind dances with death. Also it's heavily inspired by Greek theater.

>inb4 /v/ fags post vampire or cyberpunk garbage thinking it's somehow better than the genre fiction equivalent

Trails in the Sky, purely for the sheer volume of text in it.

There are also multiple in-fiction short stories to read in them

ironically this

>jap jibber jabber superglut
>Veeky Forums
no, that's known as trash. if i type ten billion subpar words, it doesn't make what i've typed literature, you fucking pleb.

games will never stack up to literature. ever. all games are at best on the level of the dregs that come out of /sffg/. daily reminder that these people think gene wolfe is a serious contender against the likes of Tolstoy, or Shakespeare, or Dante.

what does Veeky Forums think of western RPGs
i haven't actually played any of them other than Deus Ex but I don't really remember the story that well. I think it was kinda cheesy and Invisible War had a better story

>the best Star Wars media utterly deconstructs and destroys the mythos.
Lucas BTFO

I liked the writing in Divinity Original Sin a lot. I dont remember much of the main plot, or most of the character arcs, but the nonstop alliteration and whimsy was fun. Good example of style over substance

A narrative where the protagonist is never named, and whose choices determine the factualness and causes of any of a number of storylines.

woops wrong pic. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind w/ Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions, circa 2004.

>games will never stack up to literature. ever. all games are at best on the level of the dregs that come out of /sffg/. daily reminder that these people think gene wolfe is a serious contender against the likes of Tolstoy, or Shakespeare, or Dante.
What a small mind

I couldn't get into Divinity:OS 2. The writing was really fucking bland, and written from a weird perspective. Your dialogue choices are all bookended by asterisks, giving only the sense of what you mean to say. And the dialogue itself is mmo-tier. It's the sort of CRPG I imagine can only be enjoyed if you live in a sad government flat in the gloomy UK and never leave your house except to get Macca's.

>says the pleb who thinks planescape was a literary masterpiece

Isnt the asterisk ended dialog an old roleplaying convention though?
The answers are vague to allow the player to imagine their own dialog.
It might not be what you're looking for, but it was certainly deliberate.

I just played it, and while it was funny, it's bland as shit.
Carnelia was better. What a wild ride.

do haikus have more significance in japanese than in english? or is it one of those bullshit meditation things?

>

>how do i put this basically enough
Looks like ol' Caesar needs to read some more books.

The actual writing is just cliche jrpg shit though

>thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Which is it?

DUDE ECHOS

There are only 3 answers:

1) Love.
2) Regret.
3) Nothing can change the nature of a man, Ravel.

Are there any books like this?

DayZ, all I ever did was collect books

Metroid Prime and Bloodborne are pretty lit