Post a book that is well received by many but you personally hate

Post a book that is well received by many but you personally hate

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-rIfsoCoU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The bible

Edgar Allan Poo

Kafka is the only one in the canon I don't see the love for.

Best reply this thread will get

>every shade of gray book
Now with that out of the way, I don't like Haruki Murakami.

>i had catcher in da rye
retard pussy

Infinite Jest

The only people who hate Catcher in the Rye hate it because it hits way too close to home for them.

Read it in high school. I was shocked to find out how people heaped praise on it.

they hate it because they hate rebllious male energy especially justifiably disenfranchised young men of status who have been abused and neglected

No, they are soylent males and women who complain that Holden is sooo whiny and don't realize that you don't have to relate to the main character to appreciate a book because they were raised on Marvel superheroes.

this is the most psued shit ever.
fucking wince every time "grok" is used nowadays.

Holy shit the marvel hero bullshit is literally killing the comic industry and now it's eeking its way into most other forms of media.

>who complain that Holden is sooo whiny
I never understood this, or the claim that Holden is an asshole.
Holden came off as very genuine and kind, and I struggle to think of a single time he could be considered whiny.

They hate it because they were made to read it in highschool english

Dubliners

Candide.

The Tunnel

Holden is just a traumatized lost boy.

Master and Margarita

Anything by H.P. Lovecraft

aka Huge Phaggot Lovescock

Why didn't you like it? I have a PDF and I was considering reading it next
Everything by Zola.

It hasn’t aged well. The sci-if elements are really tedious and the feminist aspect feels so hamfisted. I’m not into sci-fi though so your experience with it may differ.

All of Tolkien's works.

Candide was pretty bad.

I have two:
Naked Lunch and Portrait of an Artist...

I agree, it was dumb.

If we directed more hatred toward books we don't like and less toward each other this board would be a beautiful place.

I kinda liked the metamorphosis but Im finding the trial extremely dull. Kafka is definetly not for me but I fail to see whats so good about him anyways.

Nigger

>I had cadger in da rye!!! the main character is too annoyign!!!!

I don't think this is the case at all

People who find Holden "annoying" do so because he is too honest and sincere
They are the irony lovers who find these traits cloying and would never identify with such a character

Why?

One hundreds years of solitude

you have to read him in german, trust me

why? because it didn't have evil aliens and lasers? this is legitimately one of the best utopian novels ever written.

threw this piece of garbage in the trash and soon as i was done reading it

Gankutsuou was better

Madman Ovary

Me too, bro. That fucking kid

wow one of the best utopian novels ever written what tough competition

*invents the waterbed*

heh nothin' personnel. also considering his comments on the book its possible he wrote it to make fun of the hippie bullshit of his day, not support it

He looks like he's trying to make her head explode like that one scene from Scanners.

Ulysses
Gravity’s Rainbow
Infinite Jest

agreed. Easily one of the most overrated books in history

Really makes me think
youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-rIfsoCoU

I read it back when I was 13 and I could really connect with it back then. I really don't get why people hate this book so much.

This. Jibble Jabble nonsense old English with boring plots. The only reason this charlatan is famous is because he was deep in the royal ass.

Man that chapter in portrait where he's standing on the rock and finally seeing the beauty of the earth for himself and is finally liberated from the church, literally brought me to tears. It's a shame you don't like the book, maybe you have to relate to stephen...

The Scarlet Letter. Just didn't like it. Felt sentimental and awkward in an invirile and old-romantic way, like if a bad Wordsworth knock-off tried writing a novel. Probably has to do with Hawthorne being an impotent momma's boy.

>Shades of Grey
>Well received

Uhh ok

That killed me

I can't see how anyone could enjoy reading The Tunnel

You posted it already

>fucking wince every time "grok" is used nowadays.
And how often does that happen?

The unbearable lightness of being is literally unbearable. Pure trash

The Harry Potter books

Shakespeare may be overrated but he's not shit

What is the point of posts like this

Lolita fucking sucked.

Wuthering Heights.

I respect it as a major development in the romantic novel, but almost everyone is an unlikable POS, which makes the moments where we’re supposed to sympathise with them fall flat. Also, the gothic elements are lacklustre and underwhelming.

It fails as both a romantic and a gothic novel, and the 2nd half being slightly better than the 1st doesn’t save it.

They hate it because they're phonies

>No, they are soylent males and women who complain that Holden is sooo whiny
As if those bitches and faggots wouldn't be whiny too if some dago teacher were molesting them

Holden is honest and sincere, but he is also losing his mind and confused. As a result you have to look the text over a couple times to deduce what is actually going on compared to Holden's stream of narrative.