How i get into Phenomenology?

How i get into Phenomenology?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1fBYpm4MHyKM-80sTzQaBiYLI0vJKkE80h2b10JR5cwg/mobilebasic?pli=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Husserl's Cartesian Meditations.

docs.google.com/document/d/1fBYpm4MHyKM-80sTzQaBiYLI0vJKkE80h2b10JR5cwg/mobilebasic?pli=1

it's not even funny at this point.

If you ask others to do the journey for you, you will always be mediocre. By this mode you will never get into phrnomrnology, nor will you get into anything.

Also read Hegel, I guess.

That man isn't fooling anyone. Only delusional idiots think GRS is a functional option.

worthless post

This is the official starting point, any other directions are clueless

>Start with Hegel because his meme book has the word in the title

Do not post here again

Hegel is important.

But I really plan to not post here ever again. Every thread I see makes me angry. Every post I see makes me angry. It's dull. It's been 4 enjoyable years, but it's time to cut losses.

I would be pretty butthurt too if I frequented a literature forum and didn't read

Should have lurked more and not post guesses. Farewell, user.

B-but I do read and I thought it was good. But I decided long ago anyway. I just needed some sort of trigger-moment. Farewell, anons. Some of your book advice was good, don't go to the library tomorrow.

I have to admit I was fooled, only b/c of hair quality and the top tier eyes though

>but I do read

But clearly not what you're trying to fucking talk about! Hegel has descively very little to do with phenomenology proper

Perhaps.

before you leave forever, I have one question for you to answer: are traps gay? Specifically OP's pic related.

>baseless moralizing
>inappropriate recommendation
why

Meh, like with most philosophers you can argue that it's related to phenomenology in some way. Hegel's Kantian roots and critique of language in the Phenomenology of Spirit can be tied rather easily to Husserl. But for the most part starting with Kant's Critique of Pure Reason if you want a non-phenomenological starting point (aka Husserl) is probably better. Or better yet Descartes so Husserl's Cartesian Meditations are a bit more contextualized. As for phenomenology itself Husserl - Heidegger - Merleau-Ponty for starters.

it's not a trap reeeee

>it
hmmm

>As for phenomenology itself Husserl - Heidegger - Merleau-Ponty for starters
From what specific books you would recommend to start?

she*

Heidegger.

As was said the Cartesian Meditations is the best starting point, the Logical Investigations is the true birth of phenomenology then you have the goliath Being and Time

Oh and it practically goes without saying but you should have a background in Kant

Well what should i read from kant if i don't have any background of him?

If you don't want to read the Critique (although I always recommend you do but for its importance in philosophy as a whole) you should read the Prolegomena

thank you

>People say Heidegger is a phenomenonologist
>People say Heidegger is an existentialist

He can't be both, can he?

Existentialism is a really broad term, or extremely narrow, basically meaning either "Sartre and de Beauvoir and nobody else" or "every philosopher since Kierkegaard". Besides, Heidegger was at an intersection of all kinds of movements, from metaphysics to phenomenology to hermeneutics, he wrote about everything.

why didnt you rightclick->google search OP's pic before saying that? you almost deflated my phallus

>He can't be both, can he?

Yes of course he can