This board gets shittier everyday...

This board gets shittier everyday. It's like the whole place has gotten collectively stupider and more pompous within the span of a week. Have the people who actually read books just left?

They were never here.

where are they then

You are not alone OP. I noticed the same thing

You're mad cuz you know I'm right.

Reddit. Come on over to /r/books. It's great!!

newfag here, just got here a week ago, is it me causing the mayhem?

Kids aren't literate so this board suffers from lack of content.

That's right.

everyone who read went over to the Veeky Forums discord

/lit is the only bearable board on Veeky Forums anymore. It's probably degraded a bit but everywhere else is just insane ignorance nowadays.

I do read books but I dont know what kind of threads to make about them and im not literate enough to discuss them in very interesting ways

Its still the only sizeable of board thats somewhat good. Other good boards are slow af.
Compared to /tv/, this board is filled with geniuses.

It's the same all over. Did some cancerous hive get shut down somewhere and have all these people migrated here or what?

Maybe you are just getting older and realizing that Veeky Forums is full of 20 year old retards posting shitty memes and not being good at their board topic.

>/tv/ has no filmmakers or even knowledgeable film buffs, it's just full of waifus, star wars, capeshit, and BLACKEDposting
>Veeky Forums has very few bodybuilders or powerlifters and they are mostly restricted to a /general/ that is itself full of dumb memer kids, the actual meatheads are big fish in a small pond
>Veeky Forums has barely any well-read posters, the very best of the philosophy/criticism threads have an undergrad tier understanding and all the discussions are entry level. other than that, john green, tao lin, bookshelfs, and other shitty memes for kids

This website is just bad m8. Maybe you are outgrowing it. I know I have, but I still post here out of habit. Veeky Forums has unlimited freedom of expression, but in doing so it sacrifices any sense of serious discussion.

>unlimited freedom of expression
then explain why every time I post about books promoting eating your poopoo for health reasons I get banned

Because you are Exhibit A.

):

because it's shitposting

Then discuss them in uninteresting ways. NEXT PROBLEM PLEASE.

literal shitposting

Fucking hell...

Veeky Forumseral shitposting

I've never seen shitposting this bad, it's like it's so terrible it rolled over to being good and back to crap again

Yes.... Definitely horseshitpiss.

/pol/ and reddit and /r9k/ posting seeping in over the last few months. The intoned hammering of flaccid ideologies, and a nonexistent mod who cares little for the quality of the board. The pseudointellectualism before had a sarcastic and knowing bent, but it's been replaced with sincere idiocy overnight.

I don't know why. Veeky Forums's a small board, but maybe the numbly stupid hear "books" and think MUST BE A PLACE WHERE SMART PEOPLE GO, and surge forward with their grubby, prying fingers. It's sad. None of the other small boards are fundamentally broken like this one is. /po/ hasn't been co-opted by people looking to make waifu standees. /out/ hasn't been taken over by ravening pseudonazis looking to make a commune in the wilderness. Why here?

wow, took you long to figure that out, my special champ

You're a pseud

>Have the people who actually read books just left?
Nah. I just dont talk about them here.

I genuinely don't know if it's gotten worse from an influx of kids or it was always this bad and I was too immature to notice it. I've been here for nine years but now I show up less and less and should really stop altogether.

A few other small boards like Veeky Forums have suffered the same fate. It's the entire site now and I don't think there's any way it's getting better anytime soon.
If I had anybody else to talk about books with I would've moved on a long time ago, but it might not even be worth that anymore.

It's true. This board seems like it mostly dislikes literature and creative human expression and takes the labor and sacrifices of artists for granted. The truth may be that this is a board (and website) that cultivates hatred, selfishness, and self-absorption and reading books requires the exact opposite.

I haven't noticed any recent change but the people of Veeky Forums in general seem to have a very difficult time expressing themselves and making arguments which usually leads to hostility.

A few years ago I used to regularly make bible threads and there was a lot of effort posting and historical criticism and debate and it was great, but over time those threads started to become really lame. They filled up with the worst sort of atheist who has a bone to pick and doesn't know how little he knows and the threads devolved into the same old dumb arguments that you would see on Youtube. It's a microcosm for the site as a whole which is why I don't bother anymore.

this meme is always brought up whenever someone says the racism, misogyny, or antisemitism is annoying and ruins any chance of discussing literature seriously

as if reddit didnt have racism, misogyny, or antisemitism. one time i read someone saying "go back to /r/books" to an user saying "but gays write all the important books" above a thread about oscar wilde

/k/ is still full of reborn rhodesian bushfighters though.

>an influx of kids or it was always this bad

/b/ and /r9k/ used to be the only place underfaggots would post, now that they realizing the consequences of there own unknowingly cancerous influence they're migrating to other boards.

>wahh if people don't think what I think they're stupid and pompous

The age limit for posting should be 30

>Veeky Forums has unlimited freedom of expression, but in doing so it sacrifices any sense of serious discussion

Veeky Forums is a well aged imageboard, likely with more posters than any other in existence, the problem is the number of boards is no longer enough to keep things diversified, and every board is being contaminated by people who don't have a board that shares their specific interests. That's why so many people are here, it's a mentality along the lines of: "I'm smart let me go where the smart people are".

The age limit would have to be enforced first.

Tv claims to be kino but all they talk about is dc vs marvel and Star Wars.
The memes are epic though.
V is still the board with the most subhumans I think.

>he thinks further board specialization is the answer
plenty of boards are dead as it is

the best thing to do to improve Veeky Forums would be to prohibit mobile users from posting

I'm down to visiting only two boards now. Feels good

This, even though I’m currently on my phone

bump